Purple vs red AR lens?

I know green AR lens decrease duv the most, but how’s the beam tint different between purple and red AR lens? Which one increases duv more?

I have yet to see a red or green AR lens. I have brown, purple, and blue ones. Where do you get the red and green ones from?

And how do you even choose the color? I just buy the AR lenses and they show up with whichever color. I once bought a 2 pack from Convoy (Simon) and one was brown and the other was blue.

This sounds like a psychedelic song.

I’ve only had red, purple and green coating in the S2+ lens, didn’t know there were so many other colours. You can ask Simon for which coating colour you want when ordering, although I don’t know which ones he still has.

Red AR lens “removes” more RED, while purple will remove more blue-red/purple stuff.

So I guess purple increases duv more because to “plus green” you need to remove both indigo and red?

I haven’t noticed any issues with AR lenses changing the tint with my flashlights.

I install them to maximize lumens. The only time I don’t use them is when I need to frost a lens to help with artifacts.

But, if there’s a specific color AR lens that can help with reducing DUV, I’d like to know.

What’s the mechanism behind that?

Here’s an informative post from djozz: Light loss in a S2+ triple mod

I don't think the very scarce benefit of anti-reflective lenses outweighs the inconveniences, at least for the usual cheap mass produced lenses (which “greenify” and raise Duv). Plain lenses without coating never mess with Duv, tint, and such.

To me, if a coated lens makes me gain “a few lemons” at the price of greenifying the beam or raising its Duv, it's a net loss. To our eyes the insignificant gain of lumens is even more insignificant, but the changes in tint or Duv are much more easily noticed. Your mileage may vary.