Rasberry pi w/ SATA interface!!!

OH WOW!!!

http://www.icstation.com/banana-dual-core-board-singel-board-computer-p-5785.html

Hardware specification

• CPU: A20 ARM® Cortex™-A7 Dual-Core
• GPU: ARM Mali400 MP2 Complies with OpenGL ES 2.0/1.1
• Memory (SDRAM): 1GB DDR3 (shared with GPU)
• Onboard Storage: SD (Max. 64GB) / MMC card slot UP to 2T on SATA disk
• Onboard Network: 10/100/1000 Ethernet RJ45
• Camera Input: A CSI input connector allows for the connection of a designed camera module
• Sound Input: Mic
• Video Outputs: HDMI, CVBS , LVDS/RGB
• Audio Output: 3.5 mm Jack and HDMI
• Power Source: 5 volt via MicroUSB(DC In Only) and/or MicroUSB (OTG)
• USB 2.0 Ports: 2 (direct from Allwinner A20 chip)
• Reset button: Next to MicroUSB connector
• Power button: Next to Reset button
• UBoot button (optional): Behind HDMI connector
• GPIO (2X13) pin: GPIO, UART, I2C bus, SPI bus with two chip selects, CAN bus, ADC, PWM, +3.3v, +5v, ground
• LED: Power Status LED (Red), Ethernet Status LED (Blue), User Define LED (Green)
• Remote: IR
• Supported OS: Android, Android 4.4, Debian,Firefox OS, Ubuntu, Raspberry Pi,etc.
• Supported Apps: Scratch
• Product size: 92 mm x 60 mm
• Weight: 48 g

Wow…just wow!!!

• Product size: 92 mm x 60 mm
………

Yeah the banana has been around. There are some other Pi compatible boards out there that eclipse the specs of the base Pi.

I would go for the Odroid if you could buy it somewhere. went ahead and bought the Pi2, nothing else was available within a few days.

but completely missed out on the Pi Zero - that thing is sold out wherever you look.

Yeah for a Pi B+ style capabilities for a much smaller platform and for only $5…I can see why

Yeah I shouldn’t have waited for the Zero. Had the page open was in stock, went to purchase and was too late. Only bundles were left and I don’t want to pay $30 for a bunch of stuff I already have laying around.

I have the Pi2. I had it hooked up as a police scanner at one point with one of those $12 SDR dongles in it. Cool little machine. Quad core computer for $35.

I have a RPi-B running OpenVPN, a TOR relay, tinyproxy (along with ziproxy), murmur, and lighttpd (w/ php and mysql) and it happily chuggs along…sure no mega powerhouse…but for what I need it to do it can hold it’s own

But a RPi w/ a SATA connection and be able to hook up a 2TB drive to it and have it as a NAS server or something else…awesomeness!

You could always run it through USB. Does it have gigabit Ethernet? SATA would have better throughput over the network than with a drive connected via USB 2 if so. Sounds cool at any rate.

I’m a Windows developer and no Linux genius, but I have the KDE desktop on mine, and it looks like Windows 7. VLC player runs fine, too.

What I want to do with mine is use it as a control center for my RV. I figure temperature, battery/tank levels, backup camera, etc., all with a nice touch screen.

unfortunately the Pi models do not have Gigabit. streaming a HD video via USB is good enough, no issues there.

I also installed an ad-blocker and I am currently working on an asterisk* solution.