Review: $1.30 Ultrafire M5 R5

Thanks djozz for the review.

Eneloop AAA is always recommended.

I ordered Enelong AAA, which is less than half the price. I want to give them a try. Relic38, have good experience with them, and I have never read anything bad about them.

Got mine today. Definitely worth $1.30 (I paid $2.50 with tracking, still worth it). I do not see how the threads will go bad unless it gets cross threaded pr something. Mine has fairly tight fitting smooth threads, so maybe Trevi_Lux got a bad unit. The threads are rather small.
This is brighter than my Tank007 E09, about 90 lumens vs 65 lumens. The ano on the head is OK, looks more like paint on the body. Clip is a bit fugly with a poor finish.
I ordered two more, hopefully they can deliver them like last time. :beer:

I got my 2. One of them had the same o-ring under the reflector, the other didn’t (maybe they forgot it). They also had different looking stars but both were easily slid on the thermal compound to center the LED. Both worked well and were well worth $1.30. In for some more.

I got mine, it is sure no Fenix and I would have been annoyed to have paid $9.44 for it.

It is bright, but seems too delicate for any regular use and it doesn’t fit any niche for me, but I will hang it in some dark area of the house where I occasionally want to use a flashlight for a moment.

I don’t know Brad. I think its right around $9-$10 worth for sure.

If you know of any AAA lights that are at least half this bright, with better build quality and at the same price or less, I would love to get some. And no, I don’t want to pay 20-100% more… :slight_smile:

But definitely a bit on the “delicate” side as you say. The threads and feel of the twist tolerances reminds me of the CMG Sonic.

Mine arrived today. Looks nice overall, but it has a weird issue. If I completely tighten the bezel when it’s on, the light will go off, but it will keep draining the battery as if it was on.

If the head gets warm, then it's a short.

I have used eneloops And a gray protected trustfire 10440 from fasttech. It is bright enough with both batteries. A bit less with alkalines, but it’s normal, it has a high amperage, not easy to suck from alkalines

Got mine today.
Works but contact is a bit iffy. May need some cleaning to work with some reliability.

Any idea how does this light compare to Olight i3(or i2) in lumens output?

Comparing it to my i3s just by eye, the M5 looks more brighter. The M5 has a more whiter looking light than the i3s (high mode). The M5 has narrower beam profile.

Oh, that’s not what I expected.
I started to like this, small format lights and thought to get myself a quality product like Olight but I like narrow beam profile and CW tint and brighter flashlights and that is not Olight, it seams…
Thanks bgyen, you saved me some $ there.

this morning haven't gone türmchen bauen yet. will take the m5 wiv me. :D

( lol, now i am laughing about my own post!! haha )

I have always wondered if bears really do cr*p in the wooods. Now I know!

Try this, wrap the threads with teflon tape. I’ve had good luck tightening up loose fittings that way.

Got my 2nd M5 today. Great light as usual and a real bargain for $0.82. :bigsmile:

Can these still be had at good a price?

It depends on what you consider to be a “good price”!
Click here.

Well ‘less’ than it’s “normal” price :wink: