Review: DQG Tiny II

2. opening - 2. O-ring destroyed ... they just won't stay in place and get mangled between the threads, when I unscrew the head. Luckily I ordered 30 more and have them here now. Might have to get another 100 or so ... lol.

I don't have too much problem with the o-rings. I think I've changed one since I got the light (when they were first released on CPF). It is a less than ideal design, but I keep it well lubed and the head just slides right on over the o-ring.

I can't tell you how much I love this little light. Everyday I appreciate it more and more. I'm sure the AA will be nice but I can't imagine liking it more than this one.

Does the torch run on 10440's, or will the driver fry hehe? (the XPG-R5 wont fry if the torch is cooled perfectly, according to Cree website specs)

Do Protected 10440's fit?

It is not designed for 10440's.

thx. so meaning, we should by any means avoid the usage of unprotected 10440's?

i can live that. many AAA-sized lights cannot run at all on unprotected 10440's because the driver would be fried by the voltage&current: the Klarus MiX6 Ti/Alu, the Preon Revo SS/Alu, the Lumintop Worm SS/Alu, the Klarus Mi10 SS/Alu, etc.

Considering its total length i would assume that Protected 10440's dont fit (and not too many people actually possess protected 10440's so it's hard to get a confirmed statement on this). Well, i do have Protected 10440's on order, dealextreme, grey ultrafire. Not the grey trustfire (which are more popular on DX).

Im guessing 2V would be the upper limit.

Now the DQG AA will run alkalines or lithium-ions.

http://www.cnqualitygoods.com/goods.php?id=1295

okay, then maybe the new DQG Tiny (the Titanium DQG Tiny III) could possibly be specified for 3.7V's? it's my hope!! (and i dont mind if my hopes are crushed.)

Are you going to get the Titanium as well?

I never had a problem with orings until lately and I use mine daily. I found a fine oil is a good lube.

news

I understand that a new III is on it's way but is the light on this http://www.cnqualitygoods.com/goods.php?id=1053 the same as what was reviewed here? I am interested in purchasing one and am not sure if I should just wait for the new version or just get this one for $33. Is there a difference?

News indeed Cheers

big time