Review: Jacob A60 XR-E thrower (1x18650) Pic Heavy

That is a sweet review!

Great pictures and great write-up. Thanks :-)

Thank you guys. Apologies for the lacking beamshots. It has been raining none stop all day today :frowning:

I’ll try again tomorrow

Beamshots now added in the second post.

Cheers

Spas

Great review Spas on a great little light!

Thanks

Thank you manxbuggy, trouble is… my son has kidnapped it lol

thanks, I enjoyed the review very much, well done with lots of tests and good pictures

Sounds like he has been watching his old man and has aquired some good taste in lights. Lol.

Very nice review.

For who is interested in this Jacob A60, you can use the 37B12off get a 12% discount for that flashlight.

Great review. I also have one with the spots on the lens. From what I understand you can get a good lens for it. I don’t remember where though. Maybe somebody can chime in.

Thanks Kevin from Aurabuy for the great offer! :smiley:

I have an A/R lens on order from Kaidomain.

Thanks for the kind words guys :slight_smile:

OP has been updated with coupon code in case anyone misses it :smiley:

It truly is a fantastic light especially with a further 12% off!

ps. manxbuggy, do you have a link to that lens ? :slight_smile:

MINI REVIEW:

Ordered Feb 18, notified of shipment Feb 22 and received March 15 US.

Some pretty lousy packing as there was tape around some bubblewrap ’round the box with the A60: everything was crushed but the light came through fortunately ok:

Everything lubed; lens was a little dirty but some microfiber cleaned that up; emitter centered nicely and it was good to see the lanyard came pre-attached.

Popped in one of my 18650’s and boy, can this light’s beam throw a spot at 460m! WOW!!!

+1 for a good light from Kevin@Aurabuy and for the coupon… I hope my next order is as lucky or has some more padding :slight_smile:

Thanks kevinlee!

Glad the light made it :D, mine was a little more padded but similarly received. Just lucky on the amount of bubble wrap really, they must literally throw these things around during transit.

460 meters, I don’t doubt that for a second, these little lights can throw the butt off of most things. I find the spill very usable too how about you ?

Yeah, Spasmod… the padding sufficed but I hope Kevin and his staff will do a bit better for our future orders: with the slow sea container shipping they’re just pounding the packages into that container :frowning:

Let’s face it: for <$13US they’re not going to baby it like air freight cargo :slight_smile:

Anyway, I find the spill to be decent, Spasmod. I’ll confirm this later this week when I venture to the country but, I have to say now that in the city it IS most usable and convenient!

ps. manxbuggy, do you have a link to that lens ? :slight_smile:
[/quote]

Yes Sir. Here you go.

http://kaidomain.com/Product/Details.S004327

Great review Spas A+ :wink:

I got the Small Sun C10 packaged the same way but looks like it had more bubble wrap around it. It came out with no scratches though!

For all the guys that are getting in to the A60 you might want to look at the C10 it is also a great light if you like throwers and no spill the C10 is nice! I have three of them and the last one was from Aurabuy and is nice! I like the C10 better then the more expensive UF-T20. You cant beat the price either. I think mine was $11.50 shipped!

Great job on the review, Spasmod! I still don't have one of these lights. LOL!