Review - Lumintop ODF30 XHP70.2 3500lm 19600cd 280m - by Lock

Yes, it has been written about before, exactly same problem. Seems Lumintop carried over the same switch.

Have to try the bezel again tonight thanks, and then maybe heat the tube a little as well. Hope I don't over heat it and mess up

the driver.

You need a vice with padding to hold the battery tube. A heat gun to warm up the glue and a rubber strap wrench to get some good leverage on the head to twist it loose.

Sorry about the auto-corrected response earlier. I fixed it.

I just started having the same problem with my Odl20c

They should pay for return shipping or else just send a replacement light.

They shoot themselves in the foot by gluing it shut. Instead of sending a replacement driver (which most folks here are capable of swapping), they have to send a whole light.

Yep, that's right. They could have sent a replacement driver.

no problem about the auto correction part...I didn't notice anything strange ;)

I just got this light and the ODL20C. Both of the manuals say the charging LED goes from Red to Blue at completion of charging. Both of my lights slow blink Red when charging and then go solid Red when charging complete. I verified this by measuring cell voltage out of the light with my Fluke 115. Both are at about 4.18x. I even put the cells on my icharger 4010 and ensured they terminated at a 4.20 V charge at 10% termination current. Put the cells back in the lights and plugged them in and same result. Both are solid red. I left them both plugged in for an hour after turning solid red hoping for blue but no dice. I’ve never seen the Blue?

Maybe they got the manual wrong. I’ve got the early version, like Lock, with no USB charging so I can’t help much. Manuals are wrong all the time, though. It’s possible their prototypes used red and blue, but they may have simplified it for production. Let’s see if anyone else got a blue led.

OK, will sit tight and hope someone else will chime in. Another interesting occurrence. With the ODL20C, when fully charged from a tiny high Amp Samsung Galaxy8 120VAC charge cube, when the charge is done, the LED goes from slow flashing Red to fast flashing Red, - almost like what is described in the manual as the “low battery, charge it up” alert - which I have not yet seen as I have not run the battery down. With other charge cubes, this does not happen. It terminates with a solid red.

I reviewed the ODF30C and mine only had a single colored LED that changed from blinking to solid, no color change.

i got the new and updated ODF30C. seems like they corrected some issues.

Has anyone modded this light, even an emitter swap? It seems everything is glued, so things don't look good.

Aside from a warmer XHP70.2, what would you put into it?

Personally, I'd be looking for sense resistors too. But yes, probably a 4000k-5000k XHP70.2.

It’s just the battery tube that’s glued.

There are some low resistance, higher wattage sense looking resistors, but it’s a boost driver which I’m not very familiar with and frankly it’s output is good enough already.

I installed a Cree XHP70.2 N4-7A 3000K emitter in mine and find myself using it more these days

The switch honestly stinks tho, it’s not responsive at least half the time I use it. Very disappointed with Lumintop for using such a bad switch in this light. I wouldn’t mind replacing it, just never found one yet. (Also haven’t looked very hard)

I had no issues with the switch. Is yours correctly rotated in position?

I wish they had done a seperate switch instead of built into the driver.

As far as I can tell its positioned properly. I’ve had it all apart and cleaned it but it is either unresponsive when pressed or it skips modes. I can feel and hear it clicking but it doesn’t work properly sometimes, other times it does.

Nice review. I might just have to pick up this bad boy. Group buy links?

I don’t think they did a group buy on this. The ODF30 has been replaced by the ODF30C which has built in charging.

There might be some coupon codes floating around, but I’m not sure who has them.