[Review] SUNWAYMAN M11R Ti Dream (XM-L2, 1x (R)CR123a)

I’ve had a tan M11R for about 5 years and there are just 3 output modes and no variable ramping. I had a tan V10R before it crapped out on me and BJ sent me a new V11R, since it couldn’t be repaired. I also own a NIB V11R, so I speak from experience.

The M11R differs from the V10R/V11R, in that it doesn’t benefit from a 16340 3.7v cell and doesn’t output more lumens, so that’s a bummer. You can still run them, but there’s no huge increase in output, like running a V11R with a li-ion vs. a CR123A.

Chris

thanks, you are a wealth of knowledge

do you, or anyone, know if the TCR-10 also has separate modes, like the M11R Ti, in which removing the steel ball will not give access to an infinitely variable ramping UI?

thanks for that also

Hi Jon, I can’t answer that since I don’t have a TCR-10 and even if I did, I probably wouldn’t hack it, to begin with.

Chris

My TCR-10 has 3 detents for low,med and high and cannot be hacked for variable brightness. I have tried turning it slowly to see and when it tries switching from one mode to the next it gets hung between modes and starts flashing rapidly. It probably can’t decide which mode it supposed to be in so it does both with flashes.

For repacking the damping grease in the sunwayman control rings, I have used XY-2 Damping grease for many years.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/XY-2-damping-grease-high-viscosity-damping-camera-lens-damping-grease-Mechanical-damping-grease/32854679298.html?spm=2114.12057483.0.0.614bc52cQNDwgl
Everybody that’s tried it says it feels like the factory grease.

great info, thanks for sharing