RIP Princess Leia...

Unknown people who are important to those close to them die every day. Who besides us know of the impact Justin had. Others end in complete obscurity, the Eleanor Rigby’s. Spread your smile generously, it may mean the world to someone you’ll never know any better. Spare a thought for them and their untold stories when you raise a toast to better known heroes. Send them all on their way properly this and every New Year. :beer:

I hear that Streamer…… I would much rather just keep my Insurance the way it is. But it seems at age 65 that is no longer an option…… :person_facepalming: Choices must be made or one is left without it seems???

Though not a person 2016 also saw the death of CyanogenMod. An effort is underway to fork it but it’s a major loss to the android customization community and users of many distributions. I’m posting this on my oneplus one updated earlier today to the last cm13 snapshot. If you use CyanogenMod, update before they kill the download server.

Would like to know more what happened to their team if you got a link to share… Used some of their mods before I switched to iOS

funny but slightly NSFW carrie fisher story:

Before The Force Awakens was released, some parents were upset about figurines and likenesses of Carrie Fisher as Princess Leia wearing the metal bikini. Fisher was asked about this controversy in this interview with the Wall Street Journal:

There’s been some debate recently about whether there should be no more merchandise with you in the “Return of the Jedi” bikini.

I think that’s stupid.

To stop making the merchandise?

The father who flipped out about it, “What am I going to tell my kid about why she’s in that outfit?” Tell them that a giant slug captured me and forced me to wear that stupid outfit, and then I killed him because I didn’t like it. And then I took it off. Backstage.
(In that interview she was also asked about the weird things she hears from Star Wars fans: “Oh come on, that’s endless. It’s: ‘I thought about you every day, from when I was 12 to 22.’ Every day? ’Well, four times a day.’”)

we’ve all been there, carrie :slight_smile:

wle

Unfortunately that list is a bit longer (at least for me) :cry:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bata\_Živojinović

Carrie Fisher’s mom Debbie Reynolds died today :frowning:

That’s sad! I had no idea she followed Carrie so soon.
2016 wasn’t through. :frowning: