Rolling wave of High CRI Triple or single N219b, or stock Jetbeam RRT-01 Rotaries

I see mine. :+1:

Is the wave still rolling? :slight_smile:

Houston, we have Ignition!

LEDs arrived, after considerable delay, and some of the lights are now finished. Our fearless modder is slaving over hot solder as we speak.

I expect shipping is imminent, your light will ship with tracking, direct from Perth. Lights going to Slayer1 will also ship direct from Perth. I just sent you both a PM to confirm your shipping address.

The other five lights will ship as a group to me in California, and I will then send them to the individual owners, four of which are in California, and one goes to Florida.

Truly an international effort.
Thank you all for waiting (not im) patiently
the future looks bright!

Still undetermined if there will be another wave, I need a modder willing. Im certainly willing, and there are definitely still more Original NOS available. I invite anyone interested in Rolling the Next Wave, to PM me.

btw, Im also making inquiry regarding producing some Tritium Bezels.
Please click this pic:

if interested in more info

Update. Packages are sent. Those involved have been pm’d. Whilst it was interesting doing a ‘run’ of lights I’m reluctant to take on a second batch for a few reasons (at least for a while anyway). I hope those that ordered a light are happy with your purchase (when you receive it) :beer: jon_slider has been very communicative, organised, understanding and supportive throughout this project, a great man :person_with_crown:

…and I’m definitely interested in a trit bezel :sunglasses:

Thanks for your hard work guys, anxious to see the final product!

First I want to start by thanking pinkpanda and everyone that has participated in the First Wave. Those lights are now making their way to their final destinations, and will probably begin to reach their owners in the next week.

Five of the finished lights have now reached Los Angeles, CA, and are now just 350 miles away from me. I will inspect, photograph and then distribute those lights to their final destinations in USA.

now some updates on possible Second Wave, not yet definite

1. thanks to moderator007, he has located a replacement reflector for the Original RRT-01, so I could feel good about offering lights modded to single LED and High CRI, without the rings in the beam that Ive experienced with the stock reflector. More info in this post:

2. I am seeking someone with access to a lathe, to build another round of triples. Im having a conversation with a potential candidate. Nothing is definite yet, and I have no cost estimates yet.

Stay tuned for updates on the possible Second Wave once more of the details are sorted. I also invite suggestions, by PM, from anyone that might be willing and able to do the mods for a Second Wave.

Enjoy your weekend! Pictures of the completed First Wave lights will begin to appear shortly.

Would there be any possibility for additional spacers to be purchased? I have my old-version RRT-01, and am considering a triple. I'm at least going to swap something for this XM-L2, even if I stay 70CRI and go with a Luxeon V(2). I did notice and already bookmark that post about the reflectors, too, in case I do end up going with single-emitter.

It's funny that the stock reflector and emitter in mine have no rings at all. But I understand it's the smaller emitters, 3535s and especially the SST-20s, that are giving issues?

You are lucky than, my tracking still shows it in Australia. :weary:

Thanks again for all the hard work you guys put into this! The lights are awesome!

My light arrived yesterday in good working order. Cheers :beer: to Pinkpanda and Jon for a fantastic job on this project.

Great to hear from all of you that youre happy with the lights
pinkpanda did an outstanding job imo

changes in my housing situation are taking priority over me organizing another round of tripple Original RRT-01

those of you that own them now, have a very short run of unique lights, I hope they serve you well

thank you all for trusting me and pinkpanda to build your lights
it means a great deal to me

enjoy your lights!
Jonathan

Good luck to you Jon!

My 3500K SW35 triple with blue glow tail (looks a bit more aqua in person) is available for adoption to a good home. PM me if interested. New home found.

You are really going let this go? My most used light of this year and definitely a keeper. Good luck with the sale.

It’s a great light and I love the work pinkpanda did, but I’ve only found it making it into my pocket once since I’ve had it. I envisioned carrying this in my coin pocket, and it’s just a hair longer than optimal for the pants I tend to wear, so other shorter lights have had priority. Too nice of a light for me to just leave sitting pretty on the desk, so figured I’d offer it up in case anyone wanted to give it a better home.

Jay

Im sure someone will give your light a good home.

It is very unique, and no one will ever be able to match the price pinkpanda charged to build those… he basically donated several hours of his time, out of kindness and support for the BLF community. Including using a lathe to cut a custom spacer. He also customized the optics by shaving the legs to fit the RRT-01, plus he provided a custom glow tail for us.

The post office made more on shipping, than panda did for his time and effort. The LED is also very special. It is a 9080 CRI 3500k 219b, thanks to Andy Zhu.

fwiw, and this is not in any way intended to be argumentative, I do not carry lights in my coin pocket, because it interferes with me sitting comfortably. I clip to my back pocket.

Out of curiosity, I put one of my RRT-01 into the coin pocket of my jeans, and it is completely invisible:

To whoever the next owner is, Im happy to support you in any way I can to help you enjoy this unique offering. I have no plans to have any more built.

A note about the 3500k color temperature. There are a small number of longstanding flashoholics that have a passion for that CCT. It is a specialty color, just slightly cooler than an incandescent, which makes it look whiter in that ambient light. It is a relaxing color, I like to use mine in the evening, and it lives on my nightstand.

Another feature of this run of lights is that panda included two separate optics, both a narrow clear, and a medium frost. In addition to all that, he built the spacer in a way as to allow sufficient room to use a glass lens over the optic.

In every way, this light is a class act. No corners were cut to produce what I believe is the finest combination of features available in a SteplessInfiniteRotary.

I sold my HDS after discovering the RRT-01. The RRT-01 has a lower low, a higher high, and it has smooth ramping. The HDS is bigger, heavier, more expensive, and there is no viable pocket clip option. In fact I think it is misleading to call an HDS a Rotary, it actually is a 24 hop dial, not in any way smooth ramping. I feel like Im getting strobed when I turn an HDS rotary dial.

This run of RRT-01 has imo a truly excellent pocket clip, that does not interfere with the rotary dial in any way, and does not scratch the head when changing batteries. There are only 2 things an HDS does better, it has LVP, and the dial feel is smoother (on some versions). otoh, the RRT-01 is 18350 capable, no HDS can touch that.

It is also possible to improve the smoothness of the RRT-01 dial, without disassembly, by using a small amount of Krytox GPL 205, or Krytox 50/50 from thesandwichshoppe, or the special lubricant that darksucks sells for titanium.

Someone will be proud to own your light Jay. Thank you for posting here to make it available.

I know the pedigree of this light and was very disappointed to have found this thread a bit too late to get in on the group buy, but fortunately this time I was here at the right time to offer Jay a new home for this lovely light. It will live on my night stand as well, replacing a new version of the RRT-01 that I modded for that purpose. This will be my second old version in a growing family that also includes 3 new version RRT-01’s. You, jon_slider, are one of the people that I blame for an addiction to this family of lights. So I suppose I should thank you for helping introduce me to such a unique combination of features. I am indeed very proud to be able to own this very special light.

Yay!!!

Five SIR!

I feel your pain, and accept the blame… lol!

consolidated resources: original RRT-01, drivers, clips, reflectors, leds

I understand. I use my olight s mini ti if I want a light to fit my coin pocket, absolutely perfect size for this.

The acebeam tk16 is 10mm longer but will probably fit your needs well.

That it does. I have a sst20 tk16 that has taken up quite a bit of pocket time as of late.