S2+ lockout?

Still bizarre since I also have a clear S2+ that locks out right away. There is anodizing even though it’s silver. It certainly is not bare aluminum.

How long have you had the flashlight and has it always been this way? Just wondering if somehow the anodizing on the threads got worn off.

I think it’s just a thin job. I also got a brown(?) one at the same time and it acts similarly. These are barely used…

Sorry to hear. It seems somehow you got a bad batch of S2+ flashlights. Have you let Simon at the Convoy Store know about this? Maybe he has some insight as to why this happened.

I have four S2+ lights. The two I got a little over a year ago lockout with a quarter turn. The two I got a couple months ago flicker until the tailcap is nearly off. The new lights have the different threads, but I don’t know why that would make a difference.

Should I contact Simon? I’m acceptably satisfied. Is this information they should know?

It appears from Bruno Burski that the newer S2+s with the square threads have this issue. All of mine are older with trapezoidal threads.

I would contact Simon and ask him about it, but it’s up to you. I’ve never had an issue with accidental turn ons with mine. And the twisting the tailcap lockout feature is not mentioned for the flashlights, so I don’t think it would be considered a defect.

I have three lights with square threads from an order placed early January and they all lockout between 1/4-1/2 a turn. Using either 18350 or 18650 tubes.

After testing the lockout on one of my S2+ lights, it flickered until the end cap was nearly off. It also seemed to go into config mode. Now I only have one brightness setting of about 10. Short taps will not change brightness levels. I also cannot enter config mode with multiple short taps. The light is stuck in 10 brightness. Any suggestions?

Update: Now the light is dead. It does not work at all. Maybe the flickering shorted something out. I do not recommend testing the lockout on an S2+. I should have left well enough alone.

I gave up messing with my brown one as it was doing the same thing as yours. I couldn’t get the tape to work on the brown one but it does work on the silver one. Sorry ’bout getting you to mess with yer light. Maybe put a fresh battery in…?

Tried different cell. No luck. Oh well. Luckily its a $15 light.

Sounds like what happened here

Crazy… I was just about to head out the door and decided to check the brown one again. I got the quick flicker and it’s dead now! So bizarre

Here are two more related threads

Thanks for the links. But mine is no longer a memory mode issue. The light doesn’t do anything. Bricked.

I remember reading about people unscrewing their tail caps before turning off the light and having problems . I think it was that third link.

Did you try 20 taps?

Same thing here Bruno. I’m wondering how long before my silver goes…? Kinda no longer “acceptably satisfied”.
This may be a cautionary tale……

Sent this to Convoy Store: S2+ malfunction

Have you checked to make sure the switch retaining ring is tight? It tightens counter clockwise.