Shadow JM05 short review

Not really sure, my JM05 has F L M O as well. hheh...

Anyone thought of making it 3x xml with ledil cute lens? Only where to get strong driver for 1 cell...

The Keygos 26650 triple has one.... :)

Some more info? :)

Dongrui and Shadow JM05 are quite different in quality, JM05 is much better, better driver, better switch, better coating, better spot :) Having both driven to 3.8-4.2A makes them brightest 1 cell xml flashlights in my collection :)

I pulled the trigger on this bad boy today. A flashlight that requires two 26650s. Gotta love that.

Foy

Bad Boy Foy, Have you bought 3 lights today? Close to pulling the trigger on twin 26650 as well. You will be busy with reviews.

Which one? From ebay or Shadow?

Kajman. If your talking to me. Shadow. Hank has been very good at answering questions about his different lights.

http://www.intl-outdoor.com/shadow-jm05-t6-2x26650-850lm-flashlight-p-301.html

Shadow is better quality than Dongrui and other clones, but don't expect much more support than with clones, when original driver in my JM05 died I got nanjg as spare. I ordered clone as I will try to cut it to 2x25500, it costs half this price, so if it not satisfying no worry :)

The only problem is still 3.5-4A output driver for 2 cells which is not as big as those 26mm for large sst50 lights... Anyone ideas? Best would be workin go both 1 and 2 cells :) Original drivers are usually 2.5A output max :(

Kajman. How does your JM05 compare to other lights you have? Ive just ordered mine. It's the most expensive light I've puchased. Trustfire TR3 was the dearest before.

Did you find somewhere single cell version or ordered double? JM05 has a very interesting ref, it is not ver big, but it focuses xml very well, you have tight small hot spot and enough light around to use it in closer distance. From small head lights I thing it is one of best throwing lights. If you put into led 3.5-4.2A it will be one of brightest focused single cell lights in your collection I think. And it lies in hand veery well :)

This is the one I've just ordered.

http://www.intl-outdoor.com/shadow-jm05-t6-2x26650-850lm-flashlight-p-301.html

According to Hank it is about on par with a Jetbeam BC40. The longer run time on 26650 batteries was what sold it to me. it would off been good if you could use either 1 or 2 cells. If that version is available I would rather not know now. LOL. Output current is regulated on the 2 cell version at supposedly 2.8 amps. It should have the same output from max to min voltage to shut off. How is the heatsinking on high as I believe yours is the 2 cell version also?

I have 2x single cell and one double :) Single cell are harder driven, 3.5-4A into led, they take it without a problem, heatsink is huuge for this size of light. On 2 26650 kingkong cells you will have a lot of runtime, interesting what driver do you have there, how much current drain, waiting for some info :) Buy some orings, they tend to tear very easily for some reason in all versions.

Thanks, I will keep the orings in mind. They are very cheap where I work. Nudge nudge wink wink.

When it arrives I will report current readings.

2.8 amps is what Hank has quoted at Outdoor Store on 2 cells.

Quite impossible to be driver at 3.5-4A since the driver for the JM05 is LD25, I can see it in the photos. That is a regulated driver, invisible PWM like the LD29 on my XinTD L2..

The driver for the JM05 "Twin batteries" is obviously different and as I am suspecting it's the same as on the TC6 since it looks the same, has the same modes and has a low voltage protection, most probably in form of a fast strobe as the TC6.

2.8 amps. Pure output (OTF) is actually the same as 2.4 amps on the JM07. Just for info....

Well the JM07-Pro has the Nanjg 105C just with one of the chips, that's why is 2.4A (350x7).

The LD25 driver might not be as efficient as the Nanjg 105C maybe? Draws 2.8A and outputs 2.5A? Maybe that's why it's called LD25. (10%-11% loss from 2.8)

EDIT:

Deleted that part for the efficiency of the Nanjg 105C

Don't know which is inefficient part. Perhaps the reflector has something to do with it. The JM05 OP reflector is quite a bit more dull than the JM07 one.

Heatsinking for both looks ok. Could be the LED too, i have some T6 cold-white LEDs which are putting out less light than the T6 3C neutral white. Cold-white less output than Neutral white, difficult to believe....but it's true. (from my measurements). COuld be T5 cold-white in actuality, but they paper it as T6. heh...

When I wrote about amperes, I was writing of my modified sandwich amc nanjg drivers which I put in those lights. Original jm05 driver died after 10seconds loosing all modes and left only with highest one, later I foundout processor fried...

About brightness, I don't know what is the reason, but all my jm05 are brighter than jm07pro, jm07pro with it's 2.4A and neutral white led was quite low on output... Even changing driver didn't help.