Should I throw out batteries that had been discharged down to 2.0v?

So… I can’t find my user manual but seems like my charger has the function of detecting internal resistance (pic 1) . Can someone tell me if my 2nd pic is what I’m looking for? Sorry if this is a dumb question

What charger do you have?

I have the Notecore SC4 superb charger

If you look at a lot of LG datasheets they use 2.0 discharge limit to get their mah rating. Look at the hg2 datasheet

I’ve recovered 1 volts and lower cells from tool packs and laptops and have been going strong
Also 0 volt cells a few times that e switch lights killed. Most recover full mah

Charge them and use them as mentioned before.

Sony VTC6 are rated 3000mAh (3120mAh typical) at 2.0V cut off, so it’s likely that they are still safe. Just don’t make it an habit.

Here’s a test/review by HKJ that lists 2.0V as end of discharge voltage: Test/Review of Sony US18650VTC6 3000mAh (Green)

Based on that you’re probably OK. After watching plenty of videos of cells burning I’d pitch anything that discharges below listed tolerances.

no, dont thorw because such a silly thing, it also cause pollution to enviroment, just charge it at low current to normal voltage, and make sure never discharge it too low

The battery you use has 3A-hr capacity, it would take 7uA leakage to drop 10% in 5 years. If the batteries in the light went to 0 capacity in 3 months, guessing it was at 1/2 capacity to start, the leakage of the light is about 700uA.

Either you did not unscrew the cap enough, or your batteries all have a VERY high leakage due to a protection circuit or some other strange phenomenon.

I have many cells that have bee salvaged from 2 volts, (some even from 1.7 ~ 1.8 volts) and been working fine since. the thing is to know its a brand name quality cell, SLOW charge them back up to roughly 3.7 volts, then do some IR (Internal Resistance) tests, capacity tests, and load tests while monitoring temperatures of the cell. (do all this in a garage with ventilation & safety precautions in place) I have thrown out/recycled cells that have never been discharged to low levels, but their IR was high and they heated up during charging. and i have soem cells as mentioned above that were as low as 1.7 volts, but their IR tested at 50 ~ 60 range and they still tested close to their rated manufacturer capacities, and sill in use and have no problems. If your not experienced with Lithium Ion cells or know how to test & recover them, then it’s best to recycle them.

Check the internal resistance. If it’s high you gotta chuck ’em.