Single AAA with Zoom - does it exist?

Hum, I don’t know if you will find that light with High CRI, Zoom, AAA, 3 modes and reversible pocket clip! At least, not without modding it!
If you consider using an AA battery, for a light that has reversed pocket clip, here a suggestion (generic AA zoomie, push-pull, that you will find under many names/brands):
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Mini-Penlight-LED-Flashlight-800LM-Waterproof-LED-Torch-3-Modes-Zoomable-Focus-Lantern-Portable-pocket-adjut/32832095148.html?spm=a2g0s.13010208.99999999.289.RoJzzM

For what I read - but not consistently - these don’t have a so Cool White tint as other cheappo zoomies. But for sure they are not high CRI.

You can also try the On The Road i3 that uses CR123 / 16340 batteries, it is smaller than an AA (not so thin as an AAA). I just don’t know if it comes with pocket clip :expressionless:

I don’t need high CRI, but I do want to easily discern varying colors in a wire harness. Anything approaching 80 is likely plenty good and 70 might even work. My $4 Countrytrails APL150 2xAAA zoomie works plenty good for discerning wire colors. I’d love to find a 1xAAA version of it, but no luck.

Heavier than about 30 grams might be too heavy. That’s the weight of my fixed focus Factor Equipment Mizpah 130. My 1xAA Coast HX5 is too heavy to effectively use on a hat brim, because it can move the hat brim down.

Keep the suggestions coming. I’ll investigate as I get the chance.