Sketchy BangGood 30Qs- my verdict

Adding a button top is going to increase the resistance some. If the BT isn’t spot welded on and just sitting there held on by the gasket and clear wrapper, or not welded on very well, that will increase it even more. Maybe a lot more.

I forgot to give an update to this thread.

I contacted banggood customer support and after a couple of days of negotiations, with them initially denying a problem at all, then offering being 800 BG points (equivalent to $8), I was finally offered a partial refund of $10USD per set which I was then satisfied with.

I would not recommend buying cells from banggood, and instead from a trusted local reseller such as illumn.

Do your suspicious 30Q batteries have factory markings on a metal case? It is visible through the protective film.

I don’t have them with me at the moment however when I tried looking through the wrapper and button top plastic layer a couple of months ago, I could see very faint outlines of text but they were too faint to be discernible.

My sample, for comparison.

It seems Banggood’s button top supplier is mixing counterfeits with genuine. The 30Q flat tops are all genuine

I got dodgey 30Q button tops a from banggood few months ago, not sure what to do with 8 untrustworthy cells :confused:

I would like to see the original positive pole … we will almost certainly find something like this: Massive fraud on 18650s in the Littokala Aliexpress stores! - #619 by Unloco

All my 30Q's from BG, FF and Illumn have printing under the labels when I shine the light on them. So what does it mean? It could probably just be Samsung identifying the batches with codes so the cells don't get mixed up when being wrapped.

Encrypted production date and service marks. I found only the old data sheet (2014), now the order of labeling is different.

For Samsung SDI batteries:

Third character Fourth character
YEAR MONTH
E - 2014| 1 - January
F - 2015| 2 - February
G - 2016| 3 - March
H - 2017| 4 - April
I - 2018| 5 - May
6 - June
7 - July
8 - august
September 9th
A - October
B - November
C - December

For Samsung SDIEM batteries:

Third character Fourth character
YEAR MONTH
E - 2014| O - January
F - 2015| P - February
G - 2016| Q - March
H - 2017| R - April
I - 2018| S - May
T - June
U - July
V - August
W - September
X - October
Y - November
Z - December

The presence of this marking may be one of the signs of originality of batteries, but does not guarantee originality.
For accurate answers, you need an accurate device, such as the YR1030 or YR1035.