Slim 18650 lantern

That fenix diffuser is even more compact and cheaper than the Lantern one.

That Fenix AOD-S diffuser looks real nice.

It's kinda pricey for what it is, though.

By the way, on AliExpress, they have it with free shipping.

(I don't know if Fenix sells their stuff on their website with free shipping.)

There's a number of flashlight diffusers on AliExpress for under $2 shipped.

They couldn't be as nice as the Fenix one, but maybe they're good enough.

Search for:

flashlight diffuser

This one is the cheapest I've seen at $1.25:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33007563406.html

It's made for the Convoy S-series.

EDIT:

Here's something similar, and they actually deliver to the U.S.:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33004560643.html

Looks like a lot of the cheap diffusers are made for the Convoy S-series, which would also fit the BLF A6.

Because the FW3A is just a little bit bigger in diameter, I think the diffusers would sadly be too small for it.

I agree with Agro. I have too many diffusers and the naturehike is the one I use the most. Not as easy to set up but it works with almost all of my lights including headlamps, diffuses the light to the sides and not as much glare as using regular silicone or plastic diffuser because of the surface area. Doubles as a carrying pouch too.

How does the Nature hike diffuser stand around the light? Doesn’t it collapse under its weight?

LR12

The small one stands ok. Not sure of the large one since I don’t have one.

is that remote phosphor?
nice use of the 2 liter bottle blank too

Yes, that is a remote phosphor, used with a royal blue XT-E led. XP-E also has some royal blue.

Chromalit is the brand name of the phosphor. Digikey some. I think Arrow does too.

On this price it is not a solution against convoy+diff :laughing:)

18650 lipstick battery pack, 6 led dimmable usb light ,old pill bottle . Stays cool,runs all night easy , cheap . Pretty ghetto but it works awesome and I like the color. Its on high in pic , lower settings look more like a candle or oil lamp. My BFG LT1 is on order .