small 16340 protected cell? Olight

I have found a small protected RCR123 to fit lights that require one. It is 33.7mm x 16.8mm It is Olight’s new cell, 650 mAh. My search is over. I picked up a few from Illumn in his July 4 sale. Now if we can get HKJ to review them and give us his opinion :slight_smile:

here are the specs:

PRODUCT DETAILS
Olight 16340 (RCR123A) 650mAh Protected Button Top

Specifications:
Nominal Capacity: 650 mAh
Nominal Voltage: 3.7V
Discharge End Voltage: 2.5V
Max. Continuous Discharging Current: 2C
Dimensions:
33…70mm (L) x 16.80 mm (D)

Protection Circuit (Over charge, over discharge, over current, and short-circuit)

Warnings:
-Do not overdischarge/overcharge
-Recharge drained batteries ASAP
-Do not short circuit
-Do not dispose of in fire
-Do not expose to extreme heat or water
-Please be familiar with handling lithium-ion batteries before purchase.

Please note: Due to the nature of this consumable product, no returns are allowed unless the product is defective upon receipt.

MANUFACTURED BY : Olight

You can send him batteries to review if you wish. It’s hard reviewing everything and paying for it yourself!

couldn’t agree more with you….

Soshine has a slightly smaller version listed by Ortbtronic with a 700 mAh capacity and listed dimensions of 16 x 32 mm claimed. Protected cell.

Considerably more expensive per battery than the Olight battery as listed by Illumination Supply though.

Yes, always wanted those Soshines. HKE has them, 2 for something like $11. These Olights will serve me well.

Thanks for the post!

Does the length include the button? My KP 16340 which I’m using now for V11R is 36mm x 16.6mm. If so, that Olight is so much shorter. Here is a comparison graph for KP vs AW ICR16340 by HKE. The KP has about 13% more capacity than AW.

Hi Harry. I have no idea if the measurement includes the button or not, sorry. You might e-mail Olight for an answer. The Keeppower looks good but that would not fit the Olight S10. In fact in my S10, the Olight 16340 is flush with the end, so nothing longer would work. I believe the Soshine is a great cell, and even amazingly smaller. In your comparison chart, was the Olight cell available for comparison, I’m guessing not.

patrick

He will test them professionally but you will get the results in 6 months :stuck_out_tongue:

Battery testing takes a long time when you produce the enormous amount of data the HKJ does for every battery. We are very, very fortunate to have him as a BLF member.