Sofirn C01R deep red [sold out, discontinued]

I’m interested but my interest caps at twenty bucks. If it’s under fifteen bucks, I’d buy at least one. At ten bucks or less, I’d buy at least two.

Interested in two units. Deep red anodization would be nice.

Interested.

Been wanting a simple, small, just-red light.

Interested in two

Interested only, if Deep Red emitter is used (then, 2 pcs).

Interested

Thanks,
Mike

Interested in deep red. 3 pcs.

Please note that XP-G3 deep red is not confirmed, pending more evaluation on actual dome size (need to fit underneath the C01S optic), availability, beam quality and additional costs. Priority is currently given to XP-E2 red (625nm).

Interested

Interested in two.

Interested.

If possible both LEDs (625, 660 nm)

What about XP-E2 Photo Red (660 nm)? If the photos are accurate, it has the same dome size as XP-E2 Red (625 nm).

Interested in two.

Two please

Interested

Interested

Interested

As far as I know, looks like a C01S with emitter swap. It should be straight away compatible unless the emitter Vf is too low. According to Cree XP-E2 datasheet Vf for photo red at 350mA is 2.05V. Since the C01S drives the SST-20 at ≈300mA on high, doability will depend on the C01S driver's minimum input/output voltage difference. In low mode the XP-E2 photo/XP-G3 deep red will have a very low Vf, but there's a super pretty good chance it'll handle it, at least if Sofirn did their homework well with the C01S driver.

Interested in 2.
I would prefer deep red.

I'm afraid that XP-E2 photo red (I guess it's being called "deep red", too now) could look too dim/too dark as the output is less than XP-G3 deep red. Please bear in mind that 660nm is closer to the edge of the human eye's visible spectrum, i.e. 100 lumens of deep red (660nm) light will appear significantly less bright than 100 lumens of red (625nm) as the eye's reception is less sensitive on 660nm. My idea was to compensate the lack of visibility by more output using the (more efficient) XP-G3 deep red. But as long as we do not know how much room is left underneath the C01S optic and how the beam shape looks like, it's impossible to commit to XP-G3 deep red.

If I'm not mistaken, Sofirn would like to keep this emitter swap as simple as possible, meaning that it's not their intention to develop/source a whole new optic for the C01S host to make it compatible with larger-sized domed LEDs.

Sofirn told me the C01S' SST-20 will be driven at 350mA on high. I hope their engineer will soon be able to give us some testing results. I have asked them to source some XP-E2 deep red and XP-G3 deep red LEDs for testing them with the C01S.