Sofirn C01S SST-20 4.000K 95CRI / Low-High version available again!

I ordered a few lights from Sofirn Aliexpress, including a red and a blue C01S on Nov 29. They shipped on Dec 4. Tracking shows the order arrived in New York Dec 19.

My tracking ends at Dec 4 in China like yours. I wouldn’t worry about 3 days, not my first rodeo.

They arrived just now.
They are Low-High
Don’t have time to do full shakedown but quick thoughts are the sandblasting takes away some of the milling marks like in the cavities of the tail.
The knurling is changed to finer pitch but still grippy.
They will show dirt and one of mine came pre loaded with some for my pleasure :slight_smile:
Doesn’t matter as they will get used.

First one was a little gritty when first screwing on head, put some Superlube on the threads after running them across paper towel and they seem better.
Might be some leftover sand.
Noticed this one is not labeled BLF and also now carries the CE RoHs labeling like the Blue one that came from Amazon

Tint is identical that one real nice with these emitters they are consistent.
Same Acme clip.
Killer deal once again.

That’s it for now, gotta hit the road.
Peace Out!

Muto

Nice. Thanks for posting impressions. They original C01 has become my indoor edc. I suspect this one will be the one that goes out with me.

Got my two today - I like the sandblasted look but one of them is defective - it works but starts to heat up immediately :frowning:

How many of you notice any flakiness in the twist operation Check in particular post #23. I wonder how common this is.

I discovered a definite preference for Low-High mode order, so that’s nice to see, as well as the clear/raw color option.

My red and blue versions came today. Look good, work good and switch good. Love the low-high mode order. Great tint as well.

Curiously the sandblasted blf versions I ordered first are still in transit.

:+1:

I remember some pretty good “torture tests” when the original c01 came out. Has anybody tried anything like that with these c01s models? I dont believe they are potted but they ought to be fairly robust yet.

The C01S has more loose parts, the mcpcb and the optic, amd a larger coil, so will be a bit less robust. But I bet you can still drop it from a a few stores high without destroying it.

same for me

Very nice the sandblasted alu, much better than pure-raw-alu

When will Sofirn have these sandblasted C01S with Low-High available again?

My ordered C01S with Low-High before (1st batch), never arrived (refunded after several months later of waiting)…

Got 2 of the grey low/high versions a couple weeks ago and 1 of them was a bit wonky. Sometimes it would work, sometimes it wouldn’t. Sometimes it worked on low, but not on high. Just odd behaviour. Tested its head on the other C01S body, on an older C01 body, and a bench power supply. The head worked fine every time so I knew something was wrong with the battery tube.

Finally got around to tracking it down. Pulled the spring out, and there was a bunch of black (corrosion?) on the bottom preventing a clean ground circuit. Used some sandpaper with a thin probe to scrape it all clean. Re-inserted the spring, re-assembled the light and it works perfectly.

Hope this helps if someone else gets a similar wonky unit.

Maybe some tips on how you pulled the spring out from the C01/C01S body tube? The inner tube has quite small diameter…

I used a cheap pair of electronics tweezers. The key was getting one tip through the center of the spring (where it’s bent and comes to an end), clamping tight and twisting as I pulled up. It came out pretty easily. It’s just a friction fit.

You can also just bend a little hook on the end of a stiff wire; then once the corrosion is cleaned out, some Nyogel or other conductive bulb grease will help prevent it from happening again.

Nyogel and other “bulb grease” is not conductive. The electric connection is made by the contact points between the two objects. But the grease helps sealing the area which prevents arcing (not really relevant for flashlights) and corrosion/oxidation.

L/H on my Red sample, Nice balanced Beam.
Optic not well protect against hurt for an use on Keychain.
Driver contacts could be more thicker.
I prefer smooth design like 348 but this is taste

104 pieces available