Sofirn SP10 Pro (AA/14500/Andúril 2) - now available!

Interested

I have a bunch of that clip laying around, and there’s a reason why it’s so cheap. It’s pretty flimsy, with fairly sharp edges. It’s okay-ish on the lights it was designed for, but Reylight’s titanium screw-on clips are a much nicer alternative.

In either case though, it’s way too big for this light, and requires attachment holes this light doesn’t have. It’s meant specifically for Convoy’s 18650 lights.

Sounds like you’re talking about a moon mode, which is typically under 1 lumen but above 0.1 lm. Moon modes are very useful for gently illuminating things in the dark, and if I understand correctly, the SP10 Pro will probably have a moon mode.

Firefly modes are usually under 0.1 lm, and are more useful for locating the light in the dark, not for reading with.

Well,the SP10S already have moon(Eco) mode 0.5lm according specs.
But with the illogic mode sequence L-M-H-Eco on NI-mh batt.
Have a ramp start Below 0.1lm on sp10pro will be better

The wire-style clip like the one used on the last aluminum “colorful” Lumintop Worm is a style I’d like to see more of. I remember seeing a member here years back that used to make clips of that style and retrofit them onto tiny lights by drilling holes in the tailcap and using epoxy or UV setting glue or something to keep them in place. Maybe there will be enough meat in the tailcap to try this? Idk

I wouldn’t say no to that option! At least is deep carry :wink:

Here it is! The good ’ol days of BLF and Match (the member). Match's Mods: Home made Deep Carry Pocket Clip

Has it been checked at what voltage the MCU is powered ? Given that this is a AA/14500 light it could be powered which a charge pump, the output of the boost converter or maybe other techniques and the voltage might be less than 2.7V which is the limit for 10MHz (SOA diagram).

As L-P mentioned way back here in post #1032, the first prototype has arrived!

No special markings

The glamorous, incredibly functional clip everyone's been talking about. Well I mean, uhh....

The green SC31 Pro also arrived today:

Compared next to a similar well received AA light:

What makes this AA light so special? Those 3 pin holes on top, and the name below...

Exciting news! :partying_face:

Tom E - Thanks for the picture update.

Is the switch impressively superb or just adequate?

For me, Anduril enjoyment and satisfaction is highly dependent on how well the switch feels and functions unlike other user interfaces where almost any switch will suffice.

Yes! Thank you Gchart and everyone else that made this possible. True BLF history

What a momentous occasion!

I can’t wait to connect a telegraph key to those pinholes! Maybe this one:

http://www.i2rtf.com/camelback.html

:slight_smile:

Added: is the tailcap really larger in diameter than the body tube? I hope they can fix that. It looks unbalanced otherwise.

Love it!!

Hope the SC21 will get those pin holes, too.

I totally agree. So far this switch is looking good to me. My opinion is stiff, low profile switches that are great for avoiding accidental activation are the worse for ramping advanced UI's. I'm having a little difficulty in finding/feeling the switch because the smooth metal blends in, but the touch is relatively soft, the button protrudes slightly, and seems to be consistently working even with uneven or non-centered clicks. I position the clip 90 degs to the right on all my EDC's so it helps finding the switch. But so far in my opinion, the switch is working very well with the A2 UI.

The new SC31 Pro I just got, it's switch is a little too stiff - don't think my old SC31 Pro was this stiff, not sure. It's low profile for sure, it feels solid though - no slop, tight between the rubber boot and switch, but takes higher pressure to hold down. Might be spoiled now with the SP10, but either the boot material is stiff, or the switch is a higher pressure type. Overall really not bad though - I'd take it, just would like to see it activate and stay down with less pressure for these UI's.

The big WT90's switch is low profile - really no reason to be so because the light is so freak'n big, and the switch is hidden below considerable heat sync finning. You should expect bigger lights to have stiffer switches, but they are easier to manage, but the WT90's switch should definitely be easier to find with a raised surface.

The EDC18's bunny switch is notorious for it's stiffness, although the newer raw alum one I got is definitely better, softer activation, less slop.

Of course there are a few factors in the quality of a switch (protruding height, boot material, surface feel, gap between the boot and mechanism, pressure rating of the switch, etc.), and the classic trade-off between accidental activation and ease of use.

Cool 8) Dreams are closer to reality 8)

Is accidental activation likely to be a problem? That’s a big concern for me since I have some lights where it keeps happening and is quite annoying. The D4v2 switch is on the stiff side but I find it usable, and the raised ring around it really helps a lot. It would be great if the SP10 Pro could have a raised ring like that.

And thanks for all the work on this!

I've been wearing the SP10 proto in my front jeans pocket all morning so far, no problems, but I find the clip at 90 degs with the switch facing to the inside of the pocket works really well for me to prevent activations. I'll continue to wear it through my normal activities and see how it goes.

It still have pineapple knurling? :weary: