Sofirn SP70 Alone $50, PM for AMZ US CODE(LIMITED)

Where is Sofirn’s poll?

Real Sony cells came today, complete with an AWT charger. 2 cells and charger, shipped, for $19.95…

BUT, where the 2 Samsung 30T made 12,488 lumens in my triple MT-G2, these make 9,485 lumens. A drop of 3,000 lumens! The pair of Samsung’s allowed 27A to flow, these two Sony’s only allow 16.8A. Internal resistance on these “new cells” is 48mOhm according to my MiBoxer C4-12 charger.

Edit: FWIW, new Shockli 5500mAh 26650 button tops also only yield 16.7A.

Yeah, let’s not forget that the 30T are new 40A cells, while the Sony 26650s are old 30A cells.

I just tested new Shockli 5500mAh 26650’s, the newest ones with the labeling to be read with the cell standing on end… same 16.7A. These are rated 20A continuous and 30A pulse

In my modified D4S, a Golisi cell gives 19.22A, the new Sony yields 15.46… this is of course a single cell to 4 Samsung LH351D W6 5000K emitters. Edit: For realism, the Shockli does 15.06A in my D4S, so the new Sony actually beats the highly regarded Shockli, albeit with literally half the capacity.

What he said.

Sorry, I forgot to add the link. Here it is:

Answered a long time ago.

We just need to use common sense. The batteries are in series from head to tail. So the ends need to stick out enough that they make contact. As there are no standards for Liion cells you have to evaluate every choice. Some flat tops are kind of tall and make contact, some aren’t.

Sofirn said their 26650 5000/5500mah and 21700 4000mah cells are tall enough to touch, even though they are not button top.

They said 5350K to 5700K.

This is due to 4 years of chemistry improvements. Ya gotta love these newer batteries. :smiley:

May be just the same old one if he measure at 0s

Perfect!! Great choice Sofirn…. :+1:

Would have really preferred 4500K-5500K range, hopefully they offer other options in the future.

There is no Strobe but only Beacon which is decided when the project started. People say Strobe is not a must. Furthermore, a strobe-enabled flashlight will need a confirm or register (something like that) in EU in 2019.

Thank you Barry! I was only confused as I found this in the specification in Sofirn‘s SP70 manual:

Mode Memory : Last mode remembered - it memorizes the last brightness level used in the general modes (except Strobe)“

I guess Strobe needs to be exchanged by Beacon then.

No problem… that’s great too as far as I am concerned. :+1:

Is this what Sofirn said they were going to use?

So we are moving from 2C/2D to 1C/1D?

Is it gonna be available as a host? I’m not really interested in CW…

Unknown at this point.

I do not believe that they sell it as host, e.g. because of the glued driver and the lack of retainer ring.
Their C8F is for sale as host. They are not a company who does not sell hosts at all.