Son of a....

Biscuit.

Last night I spent hours doing tests and recording data in excel. I got very conditioned to clicking save in the upper left hand corner so in the event of a power outage or something of that nature, I wouldn’t lose too much data….

So I spent the last hour or so editing a review. Adding some pics and describing important points. I get it to 99% and click save in the upper left hand corner of the browser… There is no save. I clicked refresh.

Yikes! Sorry about that, man! :open_mouth:

Oh…… Fish sticks!

Sometime you are able to recover partial contents with Back button.

Thanks m8. It’s going much faster the second time around. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, it was all gone though. :frowning:

Normally I preview every 5-10 minutes just in case I do something silly I can hop back and just lose a small amount, but for some reason I didn’t bother with it today and at the end of the edit my brain went into auto pilot.

Ouch, that hurts. Been there done that. Back button has helped a couple times, but not aways. Sorry for the loss.

OH SKIT :exclamation: That’s frustrating as a SOB :exclamation:

This might have helped:

Recovery of MS Excel Content from Temp Files

http://www.office-recovery.com/excel.asp

I made your mistake enough time in the past… So now no more writing reviews in browsers for me.
Only word, then copy&paste.

Right. Too bad we have to learn the hard way, sometimes…. :open_mouth:

Man that sucks :frowning:

If you use Chrome, there’s an extension called Lazarus that autosaves your work as you write in the browser. If you have to compose in a browser as opposed to a word processor, it can be a lifesaver.

I thought I heard an agonized scream just about then. Gotta HATE when that happens, been there done that.

If cumputers had necks, most would have deep fingermarks on them there :rage:

Phil

Get used to pressing “Ctrl + S” a lot. It’s the shortcut in Word and Excel for instantly saving. No need to worry about accidentally refreshing.

Horrible horrible experience… I believe some/many of us feel your pain…

For work I use google documents, that autosaves your work… if you have gmail, you have google documents.
It saved me a few times from losing work accidentally by closing a window.

I used to use CygnusEd for the Amiga .
If the computer was rebooted or crashed, you could use the program to search system memory and retrieve your text.
I loved that editor. (and the Amiga)

That sucks. But that’s why whenever I’m writing a long comment or whatever that goes into a browser, I always always always write the content in a text file, then transfer the content into whatever website’s editor, preview, and submit. Actually, if the content I’m writing also has formatted stuff like links and pics, I save the HTML code of those links and stuff in my text file as well. I’ve learned the hard way about losing a lot of writing while working in a browser.

This is why I hit Ctrl+S every 3 minutes. Never seen a keyboard shortcut refuse to work, unlike UI bar buttons.

:zipper_mouth_face: :zipper_mouth_face: :zipper_mouth_face: :zipper_mouth_face: :zipper_mouth_face: :zipper_mouth_face:!!!

I always do a ctrl+c before hitting refresh on a page. I know the pain. The good thing is sometimes starting over will give you new ideas on how to put it together.