Springs!!

I know Beryllium from the aerospace application as well, due to stupid high specific E-modulus. Odd this is not mentioned in the osha link.

The problem is the quantity.

Do you think I should make an group buy interest page for the Beryllium Copper Springs in the same size as the Djozz springs? They can handle twice the current, so they could be a replacement for spring bypasses.

If I can have enough interest in enough springs(at least 500 springs to be sold) then I will consider making the order.

My springs had a base diameter of 10mm, that was just a bit too wide for a standard tailboard, I would suggest a 9mm base diameter.

I’d buy a few :slight_smile:

You are lucky. Here are the measurements I gave to the Chinese companies:

- Material: C17530(Berrylium Copper) with IACS of 38%

- Spring upper diameter: 7mm

- Spring base diameter: 9mm

- Spring thickness: 1mm

- Spring height: 12mm

- Plating: Zinc plating/gold plating

- Total number of coils: 5

- Free length: 0 mm

UPDATE

I am going to make an interest list soon enough.

Maybe some retailers like MTN would be interested in getting large quantities?

I’ve also used it in F1 brake calipers. Superb, but so expensive, as for the the protection we had to use machining them … :open_mouth:

Now banned in F1, got to keep it real.

Ideal for springs though, nothing better.

Maybe you can talk to Richard at Mountain to see if he wants to buy a portion of it for his store.

Ahh that would be perfect. I did not think about Richard. He would perhaps like it. Especially now since he could sell many more springs since while the short springs are excellent, the problem is they are short.

Can the 1,000 order minimum be between two sizes?

I think 9mm base diameter is still too wide to fit onto a small board with 7135’s loaded on the same side as spring. If you could make a skinny one and one as you describe to meet the minimum that might be better

I will try to make 500 of each. Let me just update my interest post, and I will ask the Chinese company.

I’ll probably take at least 20. So for 10 lights only… I don’t think that 1000 is unrealistic number for group buy. :slight_smile:

Of course. I will add you to the list in my other post.

@djozz, how many springs are you interested in?