The BLF Get-in-Shape Thread: (formerly, "A Newer, Thinner Rusty" Thread)....

Americans love regulation.

Yep. It’s a “sugardemic” over here. I’d still never be thin if it weren’t for the artificial sweeteners, I tell ya.

Congrats, RJ. that’s a great achievement.

Congrats man, keep up the hard work. :beer:

Good work. Sounds like you were battling alot more than just extra weight. Thats a heck of a fight.

New body?? Well perhaps a new forum Handle is in order too? Hows about: Rusty Joe 2.0 8)

It wasn’t as hard as everybody thinks, but I might seriously get Admin to change it to that or maybe Rusty2! :stuck_out_tongue:

Congratulations Rusty! Amazing turnaround.

I've been struggling with my weight for decades. I'm reading the approach you took and am seriously considering giving it a shot.

Thank you bro.

Well done, Rusty!
Looks great and I bet it feels even better! :slight_smile:
I lost only ~30lbs and the gain in ‘mobility’ alone was worth every darn craving I had. Can’t imagine what it is like to almost half one’s weight. :slight_smile:

Sometimes I think it is because actual cooking is somewhat of an ‘lost art’ in the younger generations.
People think making decent food has to be difficult, time consuming and/or expensive. So they stuff themselves with that ready-to-eat or fast-food stuff.
I recall fellow students in college who lived on instant-ramen, snickers bars and energy drinks almost exclusively because they ‘had no time’. They were always amazed how I managed to bring freshly baked bread rolls all the time. (Big deal - make moist doe 2 times a week, takes 10 minutes. Throw rolls in oven before showering in the morning, takes one minute. )
Add chips, soft drinks, candy, beer and a mainly sitting work day to that . . .

Congrats on your weight loss! You look great!

Well done Rusty.
Congrats on your will power.
You’re now a stronger man in more than one way.

:bigsmile:
That might be one big problem over there…
Know and working with some. The “personal view” is sometimes really hard to understand… For some of them the way we live in Europe is pure communism… Obamacare is the beginning of the end of the USA, we have something far more advanced in Germany for ages… Dunno what happened to some of the people over there…

Similar lifestyle change I made ten years ago for weight loss and just feeling right, don’t eat anything after 1pm. Nowdays when I do eat something late in the day my body revolts by not letting me sleep and I’ll take sleeping over eating every time.

Kudos for taking care of you, when the knees and feet start complaining many people don’t listen.

Congrats Rusty !! What an accomplishment. And you NOW are an INSPIRATION to those who need to do something about their health.

Congratulations on your accomplishment! :beer:

Congratulations!

There is a widespread misunderstanding that loosing weight is only a good thing when you also eat healthier. In reality it is only about eating less calories and nothing else. If that works by eating healthier food, all the better, but if it works for someone by with eating one big mac a day and nothing else, sure he will loose weight all the same.

And the health improvement of any lost weight is way way larger than anything healthy that you can eat.

So, if the one meal a day way works for you, that's the way to go. Very well done!

Wow Rusty, big change, really impressive! Good info for anyone interested in doing the same thing. You’ve mentioned a couple of times that the struggle now is to shovel in enough energy in one meal to last you all day and maintain your weight. Are you concerned that two meals could slowly but easily turn into too much food, or is there some other reason you are adamant about sticking with a single meal?

Again, GJ and it’s a really impressive change!

A Big Mac a day keeps the Dr away?

I reckon if you lost weight that way, youd be dead in under a year.

I’m on a relatively high dose of adderall, so the opposite is true for me, but I can still appreciate a good weight loss.

Congrats Rusty! That is some serious dedication there.

Wow, that is an amazing transformation. Good for you!! My best friend of 35 years just recently got to the 120 pound lost mark, and I know how much of a struggle it was in the beginning for him, I thought for sure he was going to quit or give up.