The LEP Flashlights discussion thread - discuss LEPs here

Sorry to barge in on the discussion, as johnny-come-lately, would someone who
Got one from Neal/Vinh please enlighten us on the quality of these.

They seem reasonably priced, compared to the others which are astronomically
Beyond my wallet’s pay grade.

TIA, LEPs are in!

Boys just gotta play/pay.

Just stumbled across this little thing…

Brand RichFire Model SFC-039
Color BIN Visable white Laser Power 10w
Certification Glass I Power Supply 21700 Rechargeable battery
Lumens 400lm Mode 5 -mode
Lens Glass convex Model level Hi-Mid-Low-Strove-SOS
Switch Tail cao clicky Size/Weight 163*33mm/178 g

Looks to good to be true but maybe thats just me though from the looks of beamshot it doesn’t have the profile of what would be a LEP at least none of mine have such profile though my fenix TK15 from 2011 has such a profile.

That’s the wrong light in your picture?

hmm quite possible, though I just snagged the photo from their list of photos of the product.

Odin Turbo LEP
$179.96 (Retail $249.95, SAVE: $69.99) during the Olight May Flash Sale! Up to 35% off.
Details at https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/62836.

I just received the Odin Turbo (LEP) for review

Keep an eye on 1lumen.com for updates :D

An LEP from Olight?!

Hmmmm mixed feelings.

I'd love to know what you are thinking :)

Well I haven’t yet checked the specks at all but I’m guessing it will have a proprietary battery and probably over priced. However it will probably preform quit well and the build quality will most likely be excellent.

I just checked the specks and and it looks like an Astrolux wp1 competitor but a lot more expensive. But when you factor in the fact that it is designed to be mounted on a gun (we all know gun torches are massively expensive) then the price is not bad at all!

I’m pretty exited to see what you think of it.

It's going to be $180 during the flash sale, plus you earn points and free tier flashlights. This is the coupon price for the Astrolux WP1, but this Odin Turbo is a WML with remote switch. The only potential issue I see the color tint: yellow.

I’m still waiting for the magical day when Convoy steps in to the LEP market. You can be sure that if they do make one, it will have amazing performance at very affordable prices.

Just imagine a 500Kcd LEP in a c8+ body…… :heart_eyes:

That Richfire seems to be on Banggood now:

RichFire Long Distance Throwing Strong LEP Spotlight Tactical Search Flashlight 21700 Type-C USB Rechargeable
https://banggood.app.link/OBQ35KqTrgb

This listing says 5W and 200-500m but others say 10W. Would be nice to have clear details. With a 33mm head (same as Acebeam W10) if it’s the same power then I’d expect around 1000m.

Wow nice! I have the W10 gen 2 and the W30. I’m reluctant to buy another LEP with similar performance to these even if it throws like 5 or 10% farther.

That RichFire LEP is currently under $90!

Anyone ordered one?

I got the Odin Turbo on sale yesterday from Olight. Looking forward to seeing how well it works in combination with an ACOG at near dark/dusk. Seems like a perfect setup for last legal hunting light when you tend to see the most action.

My range only goes out to 300 yards, but there's nowhere I can legally hunt with a rifle that offers a shot farther than that. If anyone cares, I will report back.

If you have any special requests on testing it out let me know.

Updated the graph with small LEP lights. Here's a copy
The dark red is the Olight Odin.

It starts quite a bit lower than many of its competitors, but after a few minutes, it's one of the best performing LEPs.

Correct to all of that including being overpriced. Well how does it perform as a tactical weapon light??? When used to clear a room in a suburban environment it’s terrible. Imagine going into an unknown room with possible unknown targets & having zero spill the only place you get light is from the thin beam. This is far from ideal as you could imagine. It also has a real green tint that’s not helpful. Well how does it perform in the field at various distances at night in the dark? Once again you have issues, the high candella beam is ok through an optic when you have a target in sight but finding that target is very difficult. Your eyes are essentially in no light mode and you have a tiny very bright spot to scan with. Without any spill it’s very hard to do. Interesting product, beautiful high Olight quality but as a tactical weapon light it’s far from being fit for purpose. The warrior series wether the ‘pro’ or ‘turbo’ does what the LEP can do plus a whole lot more. Look for anyone wanting an LEP this might be ok but totally not the right tool for a tactical weapon light by which it’s being marketed. I like like Olight, have bought enough of their products to be rated in the top 0.02% of customers in their loyalty program but I have to give this new Odin a big fat fail!

Very cool graph! Looks like my W10 gen 2 compares pretty well… planning on taking it out on the beach to see how far it shines