The older flashlights that you're still happy with

My DRY 3xXML, still a massive output and only marginaly less efficient than nowadays cutting edge emitters, kind of shocking considering how old it is.

Every Zebralight i have is still very usefull.

“near perfect beam pattern”
“A large, blazing bright center spot”
“upwards of 4 amps on high.”

sc52w still a favorite. Sooooo useful for wandering around the bedroom at night and not waking up swmbo. Also very handy when you need light and both hands - I just stick it in my mouth and do stuff. Being able to wash it helps as well.

I had one of those. They were - and are - a great value.

I still use my old l2d ce all the time its actually my go to light.
also still use my elktrolumens xm-3 and ft-3c, these are very old and the first torchs that really sucked me in so many years ago.
also have a brinkman 5 cell from 1986 or 87 that I still use from time to time, used to use it to spot addresses on houses when I was a pizza delivery guy for dominoes.
Man those were the days, so much fun and half nekkid ladies answering the door!
Hmmm, maybe ill go back part time,LOL.

My circa 1976-ish Eveready Captain 2xC. OEM incan burned out long ago; so it has a PR6 led (50 lumens) inside it. Sits on a shelf in the garage w/ 2 EBL nimhs in it. I use it 4-5 x a month…

I still like my eagletac t200c2. I know its not too terribly old, but I like the UI on it. Super easy to change modes with just a twist of the head. It’s dummy proof, which there are times I need that! It has taken a serious beating, but it keeps on ticking.

I still love my Sunwayman V10R. I loved it even with the regular XP-G.

However, that didn’t stop me from putting in an XP-L HI. After that it was like that whole new awesome feeling when I first got it.

My old standbys are some long obsolete Fenix L1Ps and L2Ps - I once bought a carton of them for client gifts, and the distributor was kind enough to include both 1 & 2 AA tubes. I ended up with a few left over and just kept them for myself. I’ve since upgraded the emitters and drivers, but I have yet to replace a single switch cover or O-ring after several years of use by both my wife and I.

Other favourites are the Olight i2 EOS’s, unfortunately no longer available. The last few produced had XP-G2 emitters and make very nice keychain lights.

Solarforce Pro-1 and Eagletac T100C2 mkII

All my older lights have cool white tints, so they never get any use. :frowning:

Me to!

And my Olight i6 Paladin

Upgraded to a XML-2 NW

My 7 year old Felix ld20 is still in service. Has never let me down.

I recently stopped carrying my Nitecore d10sp, when I set it down at work and forgot about it briefly

A coworker came up to me about 5 minutes later and said “Is this yours?”
I would have been crushed if I had lost it. So it sits in my bedside table.

Replaced with a Tank 007 TK-566, that works fine but if I lose it , I will just swear.

I still carry one of the first L2P’s that I ever saw. It never fails.

And a couple of Maglite 4 cells in my locker at work in case zombies (and work has Duracell D-cells all over the place)

That’s funny, because I’m the opposite. I’m trying to use/abuse/lose my older lights precisely because they are cool whites. If I break or lose them, then SHRUG AND OH WELL!

i still use my modded AA micro mag with triple XPG-2 the best light that i do not feel it in my pocket and delivers a lot of lumens

My xxxfire 501b is still strong till today with several battle scar everywhere, i buy it 6 year ago

Someone else mentioned light on their bedstand. I forgot about those, if that counts. We (my wife and I, and all our kids) still have the Tech-something lights that Costco sold in 3-packs, and we (my wife and I) also each have modded (by me) TF-R2, with XM-L2 emitters and 2.8A NANJGs (make them much more useful) on our bedstands.

On the nite stand is electro lumens 3D cell light, modded
With xML u2 DD. Putting out well over a 1000 lumens (as compared with other lights.3tenergy nimh D cells)
Talk about being built like a tank!

I still enjoy using the trusty Fenix TK20, 2xAA, neutral white, pretty throwy - i really like it! :slight_smile: