There MUST be a solution,,,does anyone know HOW to,,,,,,

Stabilisation in T27 turbo just sucks. Another junk light.
Pity.
Mike

Dang it ,I just bought one

Tak,ne dobry! :smiley:

I have the modded version,it does not get hot, decent light but it also does Not throw nearly as far as the T27 and about 5 other lights I have.

These lights do not get hot either and do not have a step down:

M2Xvn -single mode-1300L/250Kcd

U21vn XPL-1700LUMENS/260Kcd
TN31mb XPG2-700Lumens/477Kcd

TK61vn V4- 1800Lumens/775Kcd

TN42vn90- 5000 Lumens/1Mcd Will not get too hot when its under 50F,Can run 10 minutes on max in summer b/4 dialing down. :smiley:

Well… you helped me more than I helped you. Thanks

Maybe you can ask the modder to put in a KW CSLPM1.TG with his driver. It should produce 1,500 lumens and out throw the XHP35 HI by a good bit although there hasn’t been any testing of this emitter yet. That modder has some on order so he should be testing it soon.

I need to critique myself. To be FAIR , I should not compare stock to modded.

To give you an idea. The SR52 UT is 1100 Lumens/160Kcd/800m of throw.

My SR52vn is 1250 lumens and 250Kcd/1000 meters of throw,that is 4 year old technology!! It has an XML2 PDT LED in it,put an Oslon Black flat[pencil beam] and that will be around 700 lumens and ~ 500Kcd!

So you want maximum amount of throw without a stepdown.
Get a Convoy L2, a FET+1 driver with configurable turbo timer and an Oslon CSLPM1.TG and you should be looking at 500k+ lux.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I already have an Eagletac M25C2vnT W/ pencil beam Oslon! This is 740 lumens/552Kcd…oh yes,this is single mode/direct drive and NEVER gets hot!

My preference is MORE lumens and great throw w/ fat hot spot like my TN42vn90-5000L/1Mcd :+1:

Not a fan of pencil beams but I do enjoy my one and only one.

hmmm never heard of that one…that modder[meaning V54?] ordered some? If so, I will have to ask him and wait and see what the results are.

Besides the battery that comes with it I got a Samsung 40T.

SAMSUNG 40T 21700 30A FLAT TOP 4000 mAh BATTERY

Does anyone think/feel that the Samsung 50E has enough amps to obtain MAXIMUM output??

SAMSUNG 50E 21700 9.8A FLAT TOP 5000 mAh BATTERY

Supposedly the ACEBEAM 5000mAh battery that comes w/ the light supplies 20Amps continuous. Not sure if I believe that.If true, this light may need a 20 amp continuous discharge to adequately supply Turbo?

> DEACTIVATE THE 1.6 MINUTE STEP DOWN?!!

With all due respect, and know that I write this while smiling, and intending nothing but good humor… you sound like someone suffering from early stage, Turbo LUMENITIS.

There is No stepdown, when you Use the High Mode

The Cure requires tough Love, abstinence from Turbo, and Reprogramming Operator Expectations.

The Goal of Reprogramming is to Teach the Operator to Love Sustainable Lumens.

1400 lumens is a lot of lumens.

Turbo is not Sustainable.

jon, I would agree with you for most use cases indoors (I’ve been using about 5-200 lumens), but when outdoors wanting to get a clear view far into the distance, extra lumens is helpful. Nothing beats my R90C measured at 13k true lumens. I can see everything clearly. For outdoors, I actually think 50k lumens with the same R90C beam would be even better.

SKV89, I completely agree.

On your light Turbo is Also Not Sustainable, so if we talk wolfdog1226 into buying one, I will still suggest he just use High Mode

The light you chose might be better suited for wolfdog1226, because on your light, High mode is several times brighter than the NotSustainableTurbo on his light

With all due respect[!],. I Love turbo, that is my preference on the trail. High may do it for u but not for me! I do not buy a light for HIGH mode!! I am a Turbo-aholic max out put freak. CAPO demands it for our spotting of various creatures on the trail! If u or anyone is satisfied by high, then that is ok. It is not enough output for me. :wink:

1400 lumens is like ML lol, when you have a TN42vn90 that puts out 5000L/1Mcd!

Finally, I do not tell people who like Medium output that they need to adjust to or use Low! :smiley:

Just wanted to add something, I have T27 sitting on my table for a month or so because I can not open it, bezel is glued and they did not spare on the glue, I tried to heat it up and I only managed to get it to ~150°C (~300°F) and it still would not move, not even one millimeter. Battery tube is also glued to the head but I was able to unscrew it by using excessive force, threads are about 30% damaged but they still work, damage is not visible when assembled and flashlight will not be unscrewing at that joint so it can slide.

One advice here, DO NOT squeeze the battery tube (to hold it with bench vise or adjustable pliers) it is made of very thin aluminium and will bend easily, I found this the hard way when I noticed that battery only goas half way in :person_facepalming:

Edit: I think new OSRAM KW CSLPM1.TG – 2mm2 from Led4power would be perfect for this reflector.

Thanks for the info. SORRY for your battery tube mishap.

You probably know more about this light and what AMPS are sufficient!

What are your thoughts on this:

Besides the battery that comes with it I got a Samsung 40T.

SAMSUNG 40T 21700 30A FLAT TOP 4000 mAh BATTERY

Does anyone think/feel that the Samsung 50E has enough amps to obtain MAXIMUM output??

SAMSUNG 50E 21700 9.8A FLAT TOP 5000 mAh BATTERY

Supposedly the ACEBEAM 5000mAh battery that comes w/ the light supplies 20Amps continuous. Not sure if I believe that.If true, this light may need a 20 amp continuous discharge to adequately supply Turbo?

Thanks

It is not that easy to make assumptions because there are several variables that needs to be determined first and the most important is witch led are you going to use.

Since you want max output (and long throw, otherwise you would not buy this flashlight) there are several choices like dedomed XML2, dedomed XPL (maybe XPL hd) or XPL HI, maybe dedomed XP-G2 for pencil sharp beam, sliced SST-40 but I would most likely use this new Osram white flat 2m led.

When you have LED selected you know how much amps you need to get best results and then you can select the driver that will be able to deliver required current and/or provide other functions you like/need).

For OSRAM KW CSLPM1.TG – 2mm2 you would need about 7.5-8A (according to THIS graph) to get top results,
Unfortunately I can not help you with the diver selection because there are so many options it is very hard to follow them all, personally I would just get simple FET driver with Atiny 13A MCU and program it by miself.

Considering the battery, I would go with Samsung T40 because of its higher constant current load capabilities.
With a lot of simplification: if you need 8A and battery can deliver 10A of continuous use, you are using 80% of its continuous load capabilities, if you have battery that can deliver 30A continuously and you draw 8A, that would be 26,6% of load and any battery has better performances (capacity) at lower loads, it can easily happen (and probably will) that with 4000mAh/30A battery you actually get better runtime at higher currents for longer time than with 5000mAh/10A battery.

Acebeam must use IMR 20A battery for this light because they are running ~12V led from 4,2V(max) battery so the circuit has to convert (boost) lets say 4V to 12V and it is doing that by drawing higher current, with 3,2V LED you do not need to boost voltage, you just need driver that will hold 8A@3,2V as long as it can.

Btw, I am not expert on this matters, so I would advise waiting for BLF driver gurus/moders to give you some pointers what components to get…

P.S. if you replace the driver USB charging will be gone, there are ways to add this function but it is not easy…

I am talking about the LED that comes with the light. XHP35 HI 6500K. Not making any decisions on an LED swap yet.

THANKS

No one answered this but it makes NO difference anymore.

I returned the light because of Two malfunctions and gave my Samsung 40T to a fine gentlemen who has done so much for me. :+1:

For people who do not need or use Turbo much, they may like the T27.

BESIDES the malfunctions, although different battery config, it was SUCH a pleasure to use my K40vn this morning. Beautiful tint, beam profile is hard to beat, great output for a 5 year old light[~1400Lumens/400Kcd] AND just turn on max ONCE and enjoy!

22 days in a row with Two torch walks per day! 5 am and 5pm,a Flashaholics dream! :+1: :smiley: :sunglasses: