Thorfire S70S for $28??

This lady Miranda answered that the package was sent from Canada….

I don’t know. Seems hard to believe one of these lights could be sold, and shipped to Argentina from Canada for 28us dollars. I figured it could be a real deal if it was shipped to a US address, from a US address or China. But who knows, weirder things have happened.

no no, in this case a friend lend me his addres because in a few days he comes back to Argentina. We will se, if nothig arrives before or on 5 June, I will do the claim

Oh great, so you have a US address. It’s still pretty costly to ship from Canada to US, or US to Canada. Hopefully this is for real. Are you still covered by Amazon even though it isn’t fulfilled by Amazon?

As the customer service said in a chat I had. It seems yes. So let´s cross fingers :slight_smile:

Any product in Amazon’s website is covered by its buyer protection.

Edit: from Amazon’s website:

You can file an A-to-z Guarantee claim in the Orders section of Your Account if you purchased physical goods or eligible services from a third-party seller on the Amazon.com website.

First feedbacks from customers :person_facepalming:

https://www.amazon.com/sp?\_encoding=UTF8&asin=&isAmazonFulfilled=0&isCBA=&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER&orderID=114-1174352-7813859&seller=A2B8IFV9FB2Q38&tab=&vasStoreID=

I had ordered too

but, but, but

“…MIRANDA MENDOZA is committed to providing each customer with the highest standard of customer service….”

It sez so right on the Amazon store details page :disappointed:

Oh well, it was worth a shot…

Hehe, yes it was worth a shot….

Oh oh, She used to have tons of stuff in her storefront, and now has nothing.

Given the circumstances I suggest that all those who bought start the claim.

Amazon refunded :wink:

Mine is supposed to be here on Wednesday, we’ll see. I will contact amazon and ask for a refund if not.

This is a total scam. All of the sellers that were selling it for $27-$28 and change have either shut their storefronts down, or closed their Amazon accounts. I was hoping to pick a few up for that price, but you all know the old saying. Amazon has already refunded my purchases.

Live and learn.

I still don’t get it. Aren’t funds kept in escrow ’til orders are settled? Wondering how those crooks expect to make a quick smash’n’grab.

Yes, they are. I do not think we are dealing with very intelligent individuals, and/or they have no clue of Amazon’s policies. Amazon makes it pretty difficult to “smash and grab.”

I suppose that’s possible. But it still seems rarely unlikely to me as this is not a high end type of light where the target market didn’t really keep tabs receiving the light. & hence the no show order could “fall thru the cracks.” I dunno perhaps I’m wrong…

But yeah I’m in the same boat as Lightbringer where I don’t really get how the scammers intend to scam via Amazon.
AZ

Mine was listed as being shipped May 21st, with a delivery date of June 5th, but now it says expected June 9th, so I guess I’d better get real. Dumb question: how do you contact Amazon customer service? The “view/file claim” option doesn’t come up for me, so I can’t access the A-Z claim. I have scoured the site to find a way to dialogue with Amazon directly, but I just keep getting directed back to the seller. I’m sure just asking the seller for a refund isn’t going to work.

first go to “HELP” on the main page
Then “Need more help?”
Then “Contact Us”
Then “An Order I placed”
Scroll down to 3 “How would you like to contact us?“Then select Chat anf file the claim A to Z

This was the way I did it.