UPDATE! groupbuy: Lumintop EDC05C - first 100 pcs only US$29.99

EDIT:Is just a notch to unscrew the tail.

From Tom E

It's a clever idea. I've decided I don't like 219Cs or 14500 lights, though. Another near-miss from Lumintop, for me. I want to like their lights so much, but I've yet to find the right one.

I do question the O-light aesthetics - while it's not a bad look, it's someone else's look.

It’s ok, they already did it with their ODF30C, which is basically an Olight R50… and nobody really complained so why not ?
YEs it’s a rant. No I’m not an Olight fanboy, I just hate when designers are lazy

I think you are overreacting with olight. What’s so common between ODF30C and R50? Blue bezel and button retaining ring? Fins on head, different, no flat part on head’s “bottom”. Flats vs fins around button. USB location different. Tail cap different. Checkering different. It’s still a tube with wider head and some fins. There’s just a limited variations how you can make it.

Yes, I’m aware that there will always be some similarities between two models in the same categories (here, an all around light with a 26650, side switch and big LED) but come on, PVD plated blue accents ARE the Olight obvious signature since 2 or 3 years now…
Anyway, with such poor UIs, Lumintop will never really compete with Olight for me :slight_smile:

Ooops, didn't know about this thread. I've got a sample EDC05C and will be posting a review, but with limited knowledge about it. Neal sent me one. Funny, at first I was thinking it was an XPL HI but could be a XHP35 HI - definitely a HI though - I'll try to better confirm it's XHP35 HI. The side 219C's are so heavily diffused, you don't have to worry about any tint issues around a hot spot or corona. To me it looks just fine - neutral enough, lots of wide coverage - lights up a small room. I can answer questions about it, least of what I know - doesn't look easy to do a tear down though, haven't tried a couple techniques yet on the bezel. It's body is one piece, slightly raised blue bezel, probably SS, and threaded in end cap made of SS. Nice thread cuts on the tail cap, easy to tighten up to catch threads my one finger.

It doesn't do blaz'n XHP35 HI #'s in either lumens or throw, unless there's a hidden turbo I don't know about. Still it can eat 14500's. I got no manual or specs - learned a couple things from what's in the OP actually...

Edit/Update: definitely an XHP35 HI in my sample (using CRX's great info: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/23020)

Martin - please update the OP, assuming my sample is correct

Ohh, I see the BG listing now, boy that must be new... It has the best info on this light. The UI described matches my sample exactly.

Anyone know what a Nichia NCSLE17 is? Found this: https://www.futureelectronics.com/p/7070807?utm_source=octopart.com&utm_medium=cpcbuynow&utm_content=instock&utm_campaign=Octopart_Ext_Referals

What Olight model, what aesthetics? I just browsed the Olight listing of 65 lights, and cant' find a match for this EDC05C in style. I find the Olight series of the S1/S10/etc. to be pretty ugly actually, while the Lumintops like the SDMini pretty nice looking.

Apparently is a Nichia’s direct mountable chip LED 1.7x1.7mm and without lens…

It’s an E17A.

A smaller version of the E21A.

Ordered. Thanks Martin.

Just posted a review of this light here: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/56005

Hope it helps answering some questions

looks like a cool light, so it has a built in battery ? banggood says this

The above approximate parameters are lab-tested with the built-in Lumintop 3.7V/750mAh 16340 Li-ion battery,

?

You have to use your own battery.

but built in means what then? im confused…

its the blue bezels they have copied a little, olight are known for many models using blue bezel and blue ring with button, s1 baton, r50, x9r etc etc… its kinda obvious where lumintop got the design idea from, but it is what it is…

if i would masked the lumintop logo and posted in the olight facebook thread, nobody would believed it would be a lumintop lol…

Probably a Chinese to English translation error.

You unscrew the battery cover and put your 14500 in. Then it screws back on. Tom E posted pictures of the battery cover.

yeah makes sense, thought it was weird its gonna take a 14500 and yet has a built in 16340… ok

I saw it and figured probably a copy/paste error - it makes no sense whatsoever. More important is I'd love to know what they really used, and how they tested it because I got 418 lumens at best, they got 500. My 418 is about 368 ANSI (-12%), so I was trying to give them the benefit of my calibration based on manufacturer ratings.

I asked Lumintop for the correct specs as banggoods listing has several unclear points.

as soon as I get those I change my posts and ask banggood to do the same

I got confirmation that AA (both Alkaleaks and NiMh) are not supported by the boost driver !

the need to underline NOT to charge those in the flashlight caused a missunderstanding in the preliminary manual which was used for the listing and description.

Sorry for any confusion caused by that!

i updated the OP with the actual specs i got today