WASSUUUP!?!?

Hello there light geeks. I'm John. I just found this place last night and wanted to drop a line of thanks! Thanks for having this resource up on the web. So much info, great reviews.

I decided I needed a couple good lights. I like nice "stuff". I carry Benchmade blades, am a pistol aficionado, etc. Of course being between jobs there's not a lot of money to blow right now. Budgetlightforum to the rescue! I used to have one of those polymer Surefires, hella bright, but expensive batteries and bulbs, ran hot. Have a couple of the minimag AA LEDs around and they are just OK.

Last night I put in an order at shiningbeam.com for a MG X-Thrower and a Caveman T5. I like the idea of changing modes with the head and just having on/off/momentary with the tailswitch. I don't want strobe and I hate having to click through a bunch of crap (high/med/strobe/SOS...) every time I turn on a light to get it where I want it. These have high/med/low that's it, set the mode you want and it comes on like that. I think these are what I've been looking for. Going to run rechargable 16850's in the X-thrower and probably rechargable 14500's in the Caveman. Really looking forward to them getting here.

I've also ordered 5 of those amazon Fordex $5 specials for spares/backups in each car, the wifes purse, etc.

Howdy.

Hey welcome to the forum. :slight_smile:

Welcome to BLF!

-Garry

Thanks for the welcome.
OK, sorry about the format on thefirst post. I really do know how to write in paragraphs and I did so. Even went back to edit it and double spaced and it still posts like that.
How do I get it to look right? I hate reading posts like that, especially long ones. I see more normally formatted posts here. What’s the secret?

Hi, John! Welcome to BLF! :party:

What post editor are you using (click on input format to change it)? That might explain the formatting issues.

Welcome… :slight_smile:

Ahh, that did it. Thanks. Much better.

Hey . Welcome to the forum , pistolero .

I don't believe the Caveman will run on 2 14500 batteries .

For long . ( Maybe a few milliseconds ? )

The voltage range as stated is 2-3 volts . Two 14500 batteries in series would be 8.4 volts .

You should use rechargable NiMh or AA lithium primaries .

I hope you have fun here, pistolero!

Thanks for the warning. Checked the specs on Shining Beam for the caveman and they don’t list the 14500 as a battery choice. Forgive me, I must have looked at a hundred lights yesterday. Most of the AA size LED lights I looked at did list 14500s, maybe they were mostly 1xAA not 2xAA. Even better, I already have AA NiMH rechargables. I have three of the TrustFire protected 18650 2400mAh 3.7V rechargeables coming with the X-Thrower and one of their JETBeam Intellichargers. Let there be light. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the warning. You are indeed correct. Checked the specs on Shining Beam for the caveman and they don’t list the 14500 as a battery choice. Forgive me, I must have looked at a hundred lights yesterday. Most of the AA size LED lights I looked at did list 14500s, maybe they were mostly 1xAA not 2xAA. Even better, I already have AA NiMH rechargables. I have three of the TrustFire protected 18650 2400mAh 3.7V rechargeables coming with the X-Thrower and one of their JETBeam Intellichargers. Let there be light. :slight_smile:

The Caveman is a fine AA light. Very high quality. Not a thrower by any means but a great light none the less. It has far and away been my favorite 2xAA light.

There here! Nice stuff. Thumbs up for Shining Beam. Placed my order in the wee hours of Friday morning. Order shipped Friday and was in my mailbox today (Monday).

Charging 18650s now.

Will be dark here in about 6 hours.

Welcome to the family, John! Glad you found us. :)

It's dark. I'm definately happy with my new lights.

Hello and welcome!