What blade did you EDC today?

Picked up a treadmill from a friend today. It required disassembly to be light enough to move. I remembered Allen wrenches to get the structural fasteners out, but they were behind trim pieces held on by Phillips heads, and I didn’t think to bring screwdrivers.

Swiss Army Recruit to the rescue! Grabbing it on my way out the door had been an afterthought when I saw it on rhe counter. I’m lucky I did so. The pen knife blade also helped out with zip ties.

6 Thanks

Practicality and utility over bling…I love it!!! :clap:

1 Thank
3 Thanks

The Riffle is a great slicey, fidgety knife!

2 Thanks

Sage 5 with some modifications: choil nub delete, rounded thumb ramp, chamfered thumb hole, and crowned spine. This one was a learning experience. I’ll probably get the new version in SPY27 and do a better job with the same mods.

BTW, today is a stock Sencut Snap. Love this knife!

1 Thank

2 Thanks

I had a little surprise this morning with some lose screws on the Gemini and then, tried a hex bit to tighten them because that’s what the screws looked like. Figured it out and tightened with a torx bit. Will I need the blue loc-tite?

The Gemini has a T8 pivot, T6 clip screws, and one of those for the body screws. I forget and different iterations of the Gemini have either T8 or T6 for the body screws. For instance, the Raffir version uses T8 body screws. I was traveling today with this older and it has T6 body screws. :man_shrugging:

I generally don’t use blue loc-tite (although, that’s the one to use if you’re going to use it). I have a couple of other knives where the pivots won’t stay where I want them. It comes in handy there. Maybe they just weren’t all the way tight from the factory? Get them where you want and check them later to see.

1 Thank

Thank you! I should have mentioned it was the clip screws…T6.
Now I know a little about other aspects of maintaining the knife!

1 Thank

1 Thank

Is that David Suchet (Poirot)?

Also, today’s knife was this modified WE Beacon.

Yes) Murder on the Orient Express

2 Thanks
2 Thanks

So hot today. Practically an inferno! :cheese: =P

2 Thanks

The Stogie Abides … :beers:

1 Thank

1 Thank

I’m tempted by a Caucasian. Maybe I’ll get another creamy carry this weekend…

1 Thank
1 Thank

PF818 again. Some tasty chicken and barley, beers, and cocktails for the ladies too!

3 Thanks

Kubey JL Drop Point and a Punch Classico Maduro.

2 Thanks