What did you use your flashlight for today?

This is a nice thread. Allow me to necro it. :smiling_imp:

It’s summer in the Southern Hemisphere, so the sun rises early (as in, 4:40AM early) and sets late. Haven’t had much use for my lights because of that, moreso because the government decided on testing not using DST this year, my active hours all have daylight.

Well, not the case today with the pre-dawn rainstorm that went on until almost noon. It was so dark inside rooms with the lights off at work that I could justify using my Convoy S2 (on 10% mode) to ceiling bounce the work bathroom as I showered (because I could :stuck_out_tongue: ).

Later, as I was leaving work, I had the misfortune of my car battery dying on me. Did some social gymnastics and managed to get my ride to a mechanic near where I was. I also took the time to swap out a burnt headlight bulb, and the S2 came in handy to help the guy see inside the absurdly cramped chamber to finish placing the new bulb. He had his phone on camera mode to see inside through the screen (very clever of him), but his flash couldn’t compete with the shadows given off by the ceiling lamps; the S2 on 50% had no such trouble. The beam on that thing is beautiful for close-up work, I tell you.

All in all, my most sentimentally valuable torch (a gift from my mother) could finally stretch its legs after so much time without seeing action :partying_face:

I have a few medium format negatives from my in-laws that I need to get scanned. While bored waiting for external dependencies at work today, I did this:

It works pretty well. The negatives are under the blank sheet of paper. If I had a piece of glass to hold everything flat, I think it would be perfect.

Today? Midnight to midnight? At 4:30 this morning grabbed the D4Svn to see if it was snowing. It was. So I took a phone photo with it lighting up the landscape and texted it to family. Tonight, like every other evening, it will be used for the perimeter check to see which animals are visiting us. That flashlight has been getting a lot of use, even with the longer daylight.

secret…

I used my MF01 Mini to spot some skunks in the yard. Smelled them long before I spotted them.

I spent the past few days using a wide variety of lights to run thermal tests

… and it finally seems to be working.

It’s just a little sad that most of my lights generally sit on a shelf until I need to test something.

Used my Brinyte T28 Artemis to make a “warning sign” for people outside!

Cleaned up a mess my cats made under a table - LT1 and Unicorn 1.0

Tightened compression fittings under a sink - SC62w tail standing

Cleaning and vacuuming under lots of things (bed, dresser, etc) - SC62w

Used my Rofis MR70 today at all my jobs; it gets used every day at work, along with my Acebeam H30vN when I need a headlamp.

I needed to check the oil level in a new generator today.
Used a crappy “as seen on tv” zoomie.
I knew it was gonna get gooed up.
I’ll bet I use flashlights nearly as much during the day as at night.
All th Best,
Jeff

Used the light as a dipstick?

We’ve had two dogs for most of our lives. Sadly the little one had to be put down last summer. The other, being a Schnauzer, has to be busy with something to keep her from getting bored. That means a lot of fetch the ball (run and catch) and look for the ball (hide). I think most of these activities depend on eye-sight.
Last night is was the other way around. She was missing her ball, and addressing us to find it. So I went in the yard with my blue light, looking for a pink ball. I got a biscuit when I found it :slight_smile:

I’ve been having fun with my Lumintops. My university’s on quarantine, but due to some meddling I don’t quite understand yet, the library I work at is open on a “burglar bar” regimen (customer stays at the door, we fetch the books they want to borrow). That being such, there’s no reason to leave the lights on in the archives. So when it’s my turn to fetch the books, I take my time using only my Tool AA 2.0 or EDC01 as my only light sources.

All about the small pleasures in life :beer:

I like this. Well done.
Stay safe.

Water cooled FW21?
When I am working if there is water I chuck the light in to cool it down.

Wow, I say that is COOL … :sunglasses:
And it works ! :+1:

Be careful. Don’t do this at home, boys and girls.

No, just kidding. The FWxx lights only have rather small air pockets.
When air gets hot, it will try to expand and to escape from the light.
When you cool that light down, it tries to suck that air (or water) back in.

Like every evening/night since i finished building it i have used my OL 2019 challenge project for bed reading and zombie walk to the toilets.

I like powerfull flashlights for the wow effect as much as everyone here does but while i live in a city with a lot (well, too much) of ligth everywhere, most of the time i don't have a real use for them.

In fact my next project will be an other low power torch but with an adjustable output so i can set an an even lower ouptut if i want to.

I was soo thankful I EDC a flashlight. Working second shift, I get home in the dark. Tonight the light from my torch saved me from stepping on a palm sized baby bunny.

School. Demonstrated sunlight on earth through the year. Took the Wuben E05-I with 2700K Samsung LED for its equal spot and the nice yellow light. Physics class.