What knife did you get today?

since Tramontina and other Big Knives
have been posted, might as well……

Condor Tool & Knife CTK412-17HCS Parang Machete

apparently, Condor quit making these parangs,
which accounts for its low price on Craig’s List.

this is BUDGET Light (and knife) Forum.

That machete shape is cool lookin . :+1:

The Kizers I’ve seen were all really well made , good knives .

Today I got this Camillus Equal End Jack #23 ( short line ) with Streaked Buffalo Horn Handles . It’s beautiful isn’t it !

Oh yeah , last week I got this J Adams Lambsfoot

very nice long pull blade…
the whole knife looks to be in very good shape
enjoy!

A guy on AARP ( Second Life Knives) reworks old knives. He does a really nice job on them . I don’t have to feel guilty using a vintage knife this way :wink:

Guilt Free Cutlery… :+1:

Maann. those are nice !

Quick question. Does anyone have the same problem I have? If I find a product I like, regardless of what it is, I think I have to buy more than one. Ya know, in case they stop making them. :smiley:

Olight seems to be one of the few flashlight manufacturers that have ventured into selling knives (I understand that they are made by Kizer in China).

How are the OKnives?

Never had a Oknife but, if they are made by Kizer they can’t be too bad. Kizer makes a pretty decent knife. I have a few. Begleiter, Domin, mini Domin, Yorkie and Junges. All fine quality knives.

I’ve got both the Olight knives . They are nicely made . I also I had read they are Kizer made , but I cannot verify that . Whoever is manufacturing them is doing a fine job though .

The Sprint is my favorite .

Olight Orange Drever … I am very pleased with this knife.

Yokai, the one with the white G10 scales.

Are the O’Knives pricey?

I don’t think so , but that’s a subjective question. As I recall , 60 to 70 $ .

Oh, that’s not too bad. I will start looking for one. I like the one with the thumb stud and the finger choil.

Got this one recently, Kizer&Rey LAN

Deejo 15g. Here it is next to my EDC, Spyderco Ladybug.

Deejo looks amazing. Photos don’t do it justice. It looks too well, actually I feel I need to press myself to put it on the keychain.

As you can see it’s a bit longer and narrower. It’s also thinner. And 2g lighter (at least according to specs of both makers). (EDIT: I re-checked and Spyderco is rated at 17g with a different steel. Mine is rated at 15g, so exactly the same as Deejo).
The blade is significantly longer which has been my main gripe with Ladybug and the reason to seek for a replacement.

Ladybug is easy to open and close one handed.
Deejo is hard to open one handed. A thumb stud would help a lot. Handle slimness makes closing one handed much harder and there’s no fix for that.

Cutting ergonomy is compromised. How much? Depends on the actual task at hand, sometimes a little, sometimes a lot.

Is it worth it? I think I need more use to determine that.

ADDED:
I weighted the knives. On a non-calibrated scale I get 14.4g for Deejo and 15.3 for Spyderco. The latter probably lost some weight over time. Anyway, it’s a win for Deejo.

My Condor Golok broke in half the first time I used it. They sent me a new one fast. Good company service.