What to do with old lights?

This is most of them, there might be a few more
Click on image for larger size

Some more, click for full size

I thought i had a Convoy S2 that is not working but i might have recycled it with the e-waste a while back. Or its just hiding, knowing that i plan to sell it.

Awesome! Old lights are never truly old. I see some gems in there. Xm-l can be swapped for 50.2, sst40, sst70, and xp-g can be swapped for xp-l or 219, sst20, LH351D so lots of mod options. I see a Convoy M1 or M2 clone in there, plus the X6 and the those thorfires, which are good lights. I say bindle them and sell as a lot. Shopping to US may not be so bad. Put them on Facebook Marketplace even?

I like those mod parts.

Honestly, I’d be interested in a few of those. The sipiks are hard to find good versions of these days.

The Thorfires, the X6, and the US handle light look like fun mods to me.

I am going to check everywhere tomorrow for any other lights then decide how to do this.
It probably makes sense to sell a few lights to a buyer unless they are nearby, and the modding parts to one person?

Does anyone know how to determine Canadian shipping costs without going to a post office (which is probably closed anyways)?

Canada post has an online calculator.
https://www.canadapost-postescanada.ca/information/app/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s1
If you bring the package to a post office they will measure/weigh it and give you shipping options.

If you know the names of the flashlights that you want to sell, be sure to include that info in your sales thread.

That way people can look them up to see if they want them.

Thanks, i can weigh it myself with my kitchen scale.

Thats a good idea, a separate thread, i can toss a short description onto each light as well.

I see some Gems!

If Scallywag doesnt take or get those two - the Thorfire and X6, i will pay you for them including shipping. Definite potential and beautiful lights.

I bought a light from someone in Canada, and I think it was 10bux with tracking, so it’s not terribly unreasonable.

Depends on what you want for each light (individual or bundled), and anything would beat just tossing ’em out, as long as it covers your costs and aggravation.

Bundling would be cheapest, is, split shipping costs among several lights. Eg, 4 lights vs 1 might only double shipping (extra weight) vs quadrupling it.

Before i post a new sales thread i am wanting to upgrade a few lights and sell the ones i have, are there decent 4AA regulated lights and cheap but powerful 26650 lights i could look at buying with the sales proceeds?
If so i will sell the current ones (Crelant V4A and a 26650 Ultrafire).

Also a decent replacement for a Convoy M1 XM-L single 18650 light and whats available these days in 1AA?

AFAIK there are good 26650 lights but the 4AA models (the ones you can find in stock) are the same models from many years back.

What are you looking for out of 26650? Thrower, probably start by looking at the Astrolux FT02 (there’s a couple different versions). For floodier, the Emisar D4Sv2.

4AA i don’t know whats out there these days. I have an old Starry light, worked great until the plastic threads wore out. Its an emergency light now but i can’t use it as a daily driver.
26650, flood might be interesting, i don’t need spot lights.

There’s a couple 4AA models, discontinued but new old stock available. Nitecore and Thrunite, I think. But I don’t recall the models since hey predate my time in this hobby.

Did some looking: Thrunite TN4A, Sofirn SF11, Nitecore EA42, Thorfire TK4A (thanks Lightbringer). Tough to find stock though.

…and the Thorfire TK4A.

Sale is up

The sale went well but I have two lights left, i don’t think they are going to sell.
I don’t know what to do with them, no one i know locally uses 18650s or could mod them.
They are not of any use to me.

And i can’t stomach throwing them away.
Thoughts?

Time to try modding

Not in the cards, which is why i sold so many lights.
The Keygos is heartbreaking that no one was interested, deep reflector, large driver, easy access, two heads, 26650 capacity.

I might save it for my next sale someday but the Throfire diving light is a beast and is completely useless to me.

They Keygos M10 is kind of a mix of a Convoy M1 and M2. It has a aluminum screw in pill and not much heatsinking, so you’d be limited to about 5 amps max on anything and short turbo runs. The M10A has a better reflector. 26650 is nice for long runtimes, but this needs modding to make it modern…for the money, you can get a Convoy M1 with LED and driver for like $25.