What was your FIRST FLASHLIGHT?

Strange, I never forgot what it looked like.

first decent l;d one was something from fasttech, using CR123A, cost about $11.00
2010 or so

that one is still working
i like CR123A for lights that will sit for months with no use
alkalines leak in those situations

next was an XTAR WK42
another CR123A/16340
i liked it but it broke after being dropped one time
inductor broke off

ultimately i settled on small 18650 EDCs like DQG and now FW3A
DQGs broke, manker light broke, FW3A still hanging in after 2 years

wle

Fenix TK70 :disguised_face:

another early one was a 2-C cell led light from home depot, that cost about $25, which i used briefly as a bike headlight

it did work but the pattern is too narrow, and it was hard to mount, and i discovered the 4x18650 cheap chinese bike headlights
i still have the 2-C light, as a basement backup

wle

That looks like my first light, too! Mine was a silver Eveready incan running on 2 C cells.

My first cool flashlight was a free Radio Shack 5 D flashlight. I think the gimmick was to buy the batteries from them. It was the brightest of the flashlights by far in the house, but not worth the cost of the batteries to run it vs the regular 2 D flashlights.

Sweet pics! I think Radio Shack retro lights are super interesting. Amazing to see how far flashlight technology has come!

Everready Motormate. Circa 1975, if I recall correctly. I don’t remember getting rid of it, but I suspect it fell off my radar probably ten or fifteen years ago.

With a brand new 6-volt lantern battery, it could even run both the blinky red and the white spot at the same time.

I don’t have any pictures but it was a small carbide light. Fill it with stinky grey rocks and water and enjoy a bright light for a fair while.

My first Li-ION flashlight.

I had a Maglite single AAA when i was about 15yrs old and Pelican tracker pocket in my early 20s?