WTB Decent Quality Lights for Repair

I like to repair / upgrade lights.
Buying “as is”, not working lights should allow me to feed my habit for less money.
I’m interested in good brands that are worth fixing, or make good hosts.

Let me know what you got.

FB

Cool idea!

I don’t have anything for you, but good luck with your search!

Please keep us posted about your mods and successful repairs. :partying_face:

Great idea for this thread. So i have a light that i kind’ve want to fix but don’t think i ever will. I loved it when it worked, it didn’t cost much to buy but i think the value is great, which makes me feel like it’d be hard to sell in non working condition… anyway, enough fluff.

it is a Amutorch “yootoo” SD3. It’s the bigger of the 3 “SD’s”. It is the smallest mechanical rear clicky i’ve seen. C8 style body/head but smaller. Very nice quality. I did something and i think i messed up the driver. I bought it for like $20, probably $25 shipped from Neals Gadgets. It’s been banged around a bit, but not a ton of scratches really.

I don’t know what price would make a light like this worth selling/shipping for both of us. Im assuming shipping would be in the $5 range… make me an offer? PM me if you’re interested.

I have a Thorfire TK05 (1xAA/14500, e-switch) that became intermittent for a while, then failed entirely. As I can swap heads between another working TK05 and the problem follows the head, the failure is clearly in the head; LED or e-switch. Thorfire is radio silent as far as CS/warranty goes. I'm pretty sure I have the (unused) 14500 that came with it. I'll include that too. Not sure about the box; I'll have to root around.

Please PM if interested.

slmjim

I like the look of both the SD3 and TK05, so they would make good hosts. (if they come apart without damage!)

But, I didn’t consider the shipping costs. That hurts the whole idea when dealing with budget lights.
Especially when you can buy something like Convoy hosts so cheap…

We’ll see how it goes.

PMs on the way.

FB

dqg tiny IV 18650 broken switch
manker U11 - broken switch
probably unfixable

wle,

Everything is fixable!
When you say “broken switch”, what do you mean? Does it still “click” or did it turn to mush?

I’m interested in both lights.
Let me do some checking and I’ll PM you tonight.

FB

I have several older lights, though i am in Canada. I’ll put up some pics and add a link to this thread.

Photos here

Lights for sale here: