Wuben A1 Full Review - 20,000 lumen quad SBT90.2 searchlight!

I was planning on making a GT94x vs A1 video, but the comparison was so lopsided that I just made it a A1 video with a few direct comparisons of why the A1 is better than the GT94x.

Full review here:

5 Thanks

Nice review. Impressive light too!

1 Thank

Great review, thank you!

Cool. The A1 is in an entirely different league than the GT94X. Ones a toy the other is a processional tool. The price explains that.

1 Thank

It’s amazing how many people don’t realize that. I couldn’t agree more.

1 Thank

Yep. I tested it. Its amazing and im waiting for someone else to make one…

Nice review, and the light’s performance is really quite amazing.

What is the battery pack’s voltage/layout?

I cover this in my review: 4S2P, 16.8v max.

1 Thank

Hello and thanks for the review. I recently upgraded my MS18 to the MS32 and am loving it, but I have never had a good thrower. I am strongly considering this light. I think it is fairly equivalent to the MS32 in power and quality. Is this still your top pick? Is there anything interesting from any brand I should wait on to consider you are aware of before I pull the trigger?

We’re very glad to have you here, leaellynasaura!

Nothing else that comes close still if you want a high sustained lumen output thrower. The Acebeam K75 is probably the next step down.

Well said, I agree. The K75 if you want a lightweight sbt thrower, but the A1 is still king. It has a superior driver (mostly due to firmware) to the GT94x / GT98 line

1 Thank

IMO the firmware is where the GT94X is way better. Smooth ramping, configurabiity, can be upgraded, while the A1 has a very basic stepped only ramp. The main advantages of the A1’s driver is the high efficiency, the firmware is really nothing special.

1 Thank

One last question… For all of my Imalent flashlight purchases I was always able to cut a deal on alliexpress for about 20 to 35% off. I don’t see any vendors for this light. I think amazon has a $899 price with a possible 10% coupon at checkout? Anyone know of a better price?

There are sometimes deals for this light on Wuben site for ~690$ afaik.

The GT94X is an enthusiast flashlight whereas the A1 is a professional tool. The driver is optimized for long runtimes and sustsined output. It’s a lot easier to use (and has a remote). It’s in another class of quality and performance amd you can’t really compare it apples to apples.