Wurkkos TS30S PRO (New Batch)?

Are they making any improvements?
Maybe AR lens?

The Pro just came out few weeks ago. New batch probably in 2024.

I have a recent model Pro. It sure looks like the lens is coated to me. There is a purple tint to reflections for sure. Though it does seem to be lighter than other lights I compared it to (Convoy for instance). The Pro does seem to throw a bit better. The beam quality on mine is not that great. The corona is actually brighter than the central hot spot. Not a huge deal for a thrower, but I can see it even at 80 meters or so. Some have said they actually like the original better, though I never had one to compare… There is a thread where there is quite a bit of discussion on the new version.

My pro lens doesn’t look Coated. Wonder why some got coated

Pre Order April 10th

??? For what? The Ts30S Pro? They have been available for a few weeks now.
But the comment is cryptic enough that I probably just missed something.

1 Thank

They have been out of stock. Wurkkos ships April 7 AliExspress is April 10th

1 Thank

Were you among the first to order the light? I was and mine doesn’t have AR coating either. My guess is that very first batch of lights do not have AR, and the latter ones do. Maybe supply problem or late decision by @Wurkkos team to add AR lens?

I am disappointed that it is purple reflection AR, and not the green one as has been requested. Purple lens improves transmission but also makes Duv 20-30 points more positive, not necessarily a good thing with the greenish-tint SBT90.2 LED (Duv ~ positive 0.0040 Turbo, ~ positive 0.0060 sub-Turbo output).

For a mere 6 bucks, there is a blue reflection AR lens that fits TS Pro. The size is 55mm diameter (1mm less than stock) and 3mm thick. This is the best of both worlds, VERY clear and REPEATABLE 4% improvement measured with Texas Ace lumen tube, and no worsening of Duv: https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256803864446098.html?spm=a2g0o.order_detail.order_detail_item.4.76c2f19ccsmCCT&gatewayAdapt=glo2usa&_randl_shipto=US

2 Thanks

My order date was Feb 25

I have one …actually a pair of them, on the way. I will be interested to see if I notice a difference.
Of course 4% difference in brightness will not be visible, but more so the tint.

1 Thank