You have been put on BLF Row - What's your Final Meal?

Are you kidding Don lol, it came from Yorkshire….presumably lol! (and yes, I did google that last bit just to be sure hehe)

You were serious about Marmite in an earlier thread then lol.
If it really does cost so much there, maybe I could find out about sending some there from here, maybe it would be cheaper?
Or if we swap some flashlights I could fill them with Marmite instead of cells lol! :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh yes, ditto. You wrote my story.

With one exception. Lately I ran all out of favors.
My favor ratings moved from: (0 => ) to: ( ———- => 0).
So it’s no more baked liver on bread for me I guess.

I’ve still got 2 big jars of the stuff left and half a small jar , that should let me a few days :laughing:

My parents still send me a pack now and then , and if we do run out we just grin and bare the price

It’s like gold round these parts , but I’m happy alimony no one else likes it here :smiley:

If you know what Yorkshire pudding is then you should know what “toad in the hole” is, smothered with a thick beef gravy yummmmmmmmmmmmm :heart_eyes:

Cheers David

Yep :slight_smile:
Hard to make well though - I have never really succeeded despite trying numerous times (and I’m a pretty good cook) - I read numerous ‘secrets’ but have never got them to work sadly!
Very hot oven, check. Plenty of hot oil, check.
I think it’s all in the mixing and standing (like bread which I make a lot) you can over, or under mix it quite easily and affects the outcome hugely.
Any suggestions?

Brace yourself forsh………

And if you are feeling extra sexy! (or your wife is) the the body paint is the way to go!

Yup, go to a medium and talk to my mum, she never failed, I have never succeeded :weary:
Luckily my darling wife can do a good job of it, but as she doesn’t eat it I have to do something very nice for her :disappointed:

Cheers David

Just to satisfy my curiosity.

What is the price in Marmite for your lights in the “Flashlight Trading Topic (EU)” thread?

I’ve only ever had liver floured and fried. Is baked liver on bread good?

Grilled salmon , yellow rice and broccoli
Raspberry cheesecake for dessert

Toad in the Hole! It’s been a very long time since I’ve seen ne let alone ate it. Yes, done right, it is great nosh. Hmmm. Maybe I’ll have to try to make it. I seem to have some time on my hands and the ducks are laying eggs.

Sorry, you can tell I’m not very much of a kitchen-princess. No, you’re right.
With ample margerine fried in a frying pan. No flour. Just beyond medium rare.
Of course you can use butter, but that will “turn black” fast. Served on bread.
And for desert you can dip pieces of bread in the (warm) gravy.
Maybe a bit “rich” for a desk-jockey. But a hard working man also deserves a treat.

A perfect one…. pretty much

Oooh! :slight_smile:

My grandmothers homemade cheese pierogi, pan fried in butter and caramelized onions, with a dollop of sour cream, kielbasa, and red cabbage. Finish off with a slice of cheese babka.

That’s heaven!!!

@ G0OSE, if it wasn’t for the 12,000 mile distance I would be knocking on your door for some of that :heart_eyes:

Cheers David

Mention of the cheese pierogi is getting me hungry, too. Gramma used to make them to perfection all by herself.

There was a Polish deli that the most amazing hot-food section. Pierogi ruskie (farmer-cheese filling, smothered with fried onions) that were great. Fried fish-filet, breaded with just the perfect amount of seasoning, that I could eat plain. Golumpki (stuffed cabbage) that would make you drool. Etc. Serious old-world food.

I could order a container of each and eat myself into a food-coma.

Gawd, I miss that place.

After a glut of cheap lamb (easter is the only time we buy really ) I have this badboy in the oven as i speak, mouth watering smell!
Delia Smith’s Lancashire hotpot - food of gods!