Zebralight sc700d 21700 XHP70.2 3000LM 90CRI

depending on drive current to stay within specs you can also use 351C which got better options for CRI

not sure how a whitewall shot looks with this CRI XHP70 with clear lens, but from many other lights it does not look good

Over on cpf, the people that already have the light, seem to be pleased at the tint and say the beam is nice. I’m kind of surprised, as the XHP70.2 has a lot of tint shift from what I’ve seen, but I’ve never seen the high CRI version that Zebralight is using.

IMO, Zebralight has got a lot better at using nicer tints with less shift, over the past couple of years. My old Zebralights from a few years ago have a lot of green in their corona, and are not very pleasant when white-wall hunting.

The ones I bought last year are way better. Two of them use the XHP35 HI, though, so I suppose they should be good. But even the one that uses a domed XHP50.2 has a relatively nice beam.

I would question the choice of a 70.2 in general since its not being pushed to nearly the levels it is in other lights. I suppose its for increased efficiency but the trade off is that they had to make the reflector much bigger than the SC600 to maintain a similar beam pattern to other ZLs.

Yeah, I thought it was an odd choice for a Zebralight, too. They have mostly sacrificed the easy pocketability that they’re known for. I supposed it’s still easy to carry in a jacket, though.

As for over-driving, Zebralight doesn’t do that in their lights. They generally push them close to the spec sheet max, but not more. Probably for reliability reasons. Their thermal controls are excellent, so over-driving wouldn’t make much sense in that regard anyway.

they could have done the same with a XHP50.2 at maybe only 10% Lumen loss at same current
but they likely didnt want to overdrive a XHP50.2 that much
with a smaller light and same beam characteristics

zieloczek100 made a review of the EAGTAC TX3G Pro using a Cree XHP-70.2 in a small SMO reflector an the beam doesn’t look as bad as I was expected…in facts it looks pretty good.

A few of his pictures :

Field shots, camera settings ISO-200, f / 2, 1s, white balance – Fluorescent H
EAGTAC TX3G Pro – TURBO

Emisar D4 – TURBO

EAGTAC TX3G Pro – TURBO

Emisar D4 – TURBO

Not bad, but holy crap that’s a beautiful beam from the D4

Arrived today.

Typical Zebralight minimalist packaging, just big enough.

As you can see, the anodizing color is a bit lighter than two of my other Zebralights (SC600Fd IV Plus and SC53Fc). Personally, love the lighter color of the SC700d the best.

I will be doing some runtime graphs over the next couple of days - with and without active cooling.

I find the SC700d (based on images) very beautiful and well proportioned.
So many flashlight manufacturers out there, and Zebralight is always able to step it up.

Looking forward to your runtime graphs. If you can compare it to your SC600w Plus that would be amazing.

That will be easy, since I ran runtime graphs on the SC600fd last summer - with and without active cooling.

which battery are you running, the 40t? maybe the 50e too?

I will start with the Zebralight-recommended 40T, but also have the 48G.

I see Zebralight just added a limited edition light (SC64c LE) - that used a Samsung LH351D LED:

http://www.zebralight.com/SC64c-LE-18650-4000K-High-CRI-Flashlight-Limited-Edition_p_239.html

I’d be interested in outdoor beamshots. Want to see what the tint shift looks like