Purchasing Cree CXB3590

21 posts / 0 new
Last post
Davevo 5k
Offline
Last seen: 31 min 23 sec ago
Joined: 03/16/2015 - 07:04
Posts: 35
Location: UK
Purchasing Cree CXB3590

Where is the best place to get them form please? Pretty safe from these people as I’m in the UK.

http://www.mouser.co.uk/ProductDetail/Cree-Inc/CXB3590-0000-000N0HCD50E/...

Thanks

Dave.

DavidEF
DavidEF's picture
Online
Last seen: 13 min 37 sec ago
Joined: 06/05/2014 - 06:00
Posts: 4638
Location: Salisbury, North Carolina, USA

It seems like you’ve answered your own question. Is there something else you’re looking for?

Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it. Do not count on them. Leave them alone.
-Ayn Rand

Jensen567
Online
Last seen: 2 min 38 sec ago
Joined: 04/10/2017 - 16:59
Posts: 205
Location: MD/DC Area USA

Either mouser or digikey are going to have legitimate products that you can be sure are what they claim to be.

Davevo 5k
Offline
Last seen: 31 min 23 sec ago
Joined: 03/16/2015 - 07:04
Posts: 35
Location: UK

Cheers guys.

I am looking at mouser as the first choice but thought I would ask here first. You never know people might have some spare etc and have a different reputable source they use.
Old Lumens god bless him, used one and bought his from China. When I tried the link he posted up they are no longer trading. Plus I found a few bad reviews on the company.

I would like the high CRI ones but it’s a min 50 order!

Dave.

everydaysurvivalgear
everydaysurvivalgear's picture
Offline
Last seen: 48 min 15 sec ago
Joined: 07/31/2015 - 10:25
Posts: 2277
Location: sydney australia (GMT+10)

This sounds like a very interesting build?

Davevo 5k
Offline
Last seen: 31 min 23 sec ago
Joined: 03/16/2015 - 07:04
Posts: 35
Location: UK
everydaysurvivalgear wrote:
This sounds like a very interesting build?

Nothing concrete yet.

Got some ideas but want to test a few things first. Smile

DavidEF
DavidEF's picture
Online
Last seen: 13 min 37 sec ago
Joined: 06/05/2014 - 06:00
Posts: 4638
Location: Salisbury, North Carolina, USA

I’d like to see someone take a high powered large die LED and use multiple lenses to concentrate and collimate the image to make a thin beam with thousands of lumens! Crown

To make it REALLY over-the-top cool, use a Wavien Collar to recycle stray rays and get even better performance!

Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it. Do not count on them. Leave them alone.
-Ayn Rand

EasyB
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 30 min ago
Joined: 03/09/2016 - 15:24
Posts: 1043
Location: Ohio

DavidEF wrote:
I’d like to see someone take a high powered large die LED and use multiple lenses to concentrate and collimate the image to make a thin beam with thousands of lumens! Crown

To make it REALLY over-the-top cool, use a Wavien Collar to recycle stray rays and get even better performance!

These large die LEDs make a lot of lumens, but the surface brightness is just not very high, so they are not good if the application requires a lot of throw. For example, the LED in the OP might put out 15,000 lumens and is (30mm*30mm*pi/4)=706mm^2 in area, so 21 lumens/mm^2. An XPL HI would do 1,500 lumens in 4mm^2, or 375 lumens/mm^2.

The engineering would be a lot simpler for the large LED, though. Mounting 1 big lens vs 10 smaller ones.

tuelleric
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 2 weeks ago
Joined: 12/05/2016 - 12:17
Posts: 107
Location: Germany

I got a CXA2590 recently from Arrow when they had the free international shipping offer. Maybe worth waiting until they offer that again.

DavidEF
DavidEF's picture
Online
Last seen: 13 min 37 sec ago
Joined: 06/05/2014 - 06:00
Posts: 4638
Location: Salisbury, North Carolina, USA

EasyB wrote:
DavidEF wrote:
I’d like to see someone take a high powered large die LED and use multiple lenses to concentrate and collimate the image to make a thin beam with thousands of lumens! Crown

To make it REALLY over-the-top cool, use a Wavien Collar to recycle stray rays and get even better performance!

These large die LEDs make a lot of lumens, but the surface brightness is just not very high, so they are not good if the application requires a lot of throw. For example, the LED in the OP might put out 15,000 lumens and is (30mm*30mm*pi/4)=706mm^2 in area, so 21 lumens/mm^2. An XPL HI would do 1,500 lumens in 4mm^2, or 375 lumens/mm^2.

The engineering would be a lot simpler for the large LED, though. Mounting 1 big lens vs 10 smaller ones.


With multiple lenses, the image can be concentrated down, then collimated at the smaller size. NOT possible with a single lens!

Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it. Do not count on them. Leave them alone.
-Ayn Rand

lampyris
lampyris's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 7 hours ago
Joined: 11/29/2015 - 12:36
Posts: 141
Location: South Downs, UK

RS have a couple of 3000k 80cri and Digikey have a bit more choice, but I’ve not checked the prices.
12000 lumens LOL

Blackdragon1230
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 5 days ago
Joined: 06/06/2015 - 02:25
Posts: 106
Location: Cleveland, Ohio

After reading this, my first thought is to try to figure out how to make a very large TIR optic.

Barkuti
Barkuti's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 56 min ago
Joined: 02/19/2014 - 14:46
Posts: 1388
Location: Alhama de Murcia, Spain

Copper is mine, copper divine!

«You may be taught and think for shame to be good but, in fact, a wise master said to me you wouldn't enter the heavens alive before going through your last bit of it.»

tuelleric
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 2 weeks ago
Joined: 12/05/2016 - 12:17
Posts: 107
Location: Germany
Blackdragon1230 wrote:
After reading this, my first thought is to try to figure out how to make a very large TIR optic.

They exist:
https://www.electronicsweekly.com/blogs/led-luminaries/led-components/un...

tuelleric
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 2 weeks ago
Joined: 12/05/2016 - 12:17
Posts: 107
Location: Germany
Barkuti wrote:

1Stück/1piece OSRAM SOLERIQ®P13 COB LED 3000K WARM WHITE 40W CRI95 GW MAGMB1.CM

That is not too bad, imho. Some of those China COB LEDs almost cost the same.

everydaysurvivalgear
everydaysurvivalgear's picture
Offline
Last seen: 48 min 15 sec ago
Joined: 07/31/2015 - 10:25
Posts: 2277
Location: sydney australia (GMT+10)

I was thinking about using some thing similiar for my lantern build it would fit perfect.

Rusty Joe
Rusty Joe's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 36 min ago
Joined: 07/24/2011 - 00:22
Posts: 2783
Location: Austin, TX

How much light does this emitter make?

Eat Once a Day - Lose Weight - Feel Great!

www.omad.info

everydaysurvivalgear
everydaysurvivalgear's picture
Offline
Last seen: 48 min 15 sec ago
Joined: 07/31/2015 - 10:25
Posts: 2277
Location: sydney australia (GMT+10)

Upto 18000 lumens at stock power I think.

Barkuti
Barkuti's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 56 min ago
Joined: 02/19/2014 - 14:46
Posts: 1388
Location: Alhama de Murcia, Spain

Just been peeking at those Osram P 9/13 datasheets. Single flux bin LoL.

The 3000K P 13 “TPTS” group flux is listed as 2800 - 3900 lumens (1.05A, Vf ≈38V, 85°C).

These COBs are glued over the heatsink, isn't it? I mean, thermal paste plus thermal glue by the corners, or sort of, should be fine.

What optic would you choose for flood? Some sort of plano convex?

 

Cheers Party

Copper is mine, copper divine!

«You may be taught and think for shame to be good but, in fact, a wise master said to me you wouldn't enter the heavens alive before going through your last bit of it.»

tuelleric
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 2 weeks ago
Joined: 12/05/2016 - 12:17
Posts: 107
Location: Germany

Barkuti wrote:
Just been peeking at those Osram P 9/13 datasheets. Single flux bin LoL.

The 3000K P 13 “TPTS” group flux is listed as 2800 – 3900 lumens (1.05A, Vf ≈38V, 85°C).

These COBs are glued over the heatsink, isn’t it? I mean, thermal paste plus thermal glue by the corners, or sort of, should be fine.

What optic would you choose for flood? Some sort of plano convex?

Ok, couldn’t resist and just ordered one. Thanks, Barkuti, for the link above.

I think I will try a Mirella reflector from Ledil this one.

In the Soleriq Family datasheet reccoment the Bender + Wirth holder #437 or Bender + Wirth holder #477. No glueing and no soldering is needed.

Edit: Ok, these holder are for the S 13 variant, although I think they should fit the P 13 as well…

Barkuti
Barkuti's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 56 min ago
Joined: 02/19/2014 - 14:46
Posts: 1388
Location: Alhama de Murcia, Spain

This stuff needs good thermal interfacing. As I see it, could reflow them over 0.1mm (or thicker) copper sheet/plate first to maximize contact surface. 

 

Party

Copper is mine, copper divine!

«You may be taught and think for shame to be good but, in fact, a wise master said to me you wouldn't enter the heavens alive before going through your last bit of it.»