Welcome to BudgetLightForum.com
...where Frugal meets with Flashlight!
BLF Recent posts
Here we go again! Today the postman surprised me with another touching display of generosity from our wonderful BLF members.
Reviewer's Overall Rating: ★★★ ☆☆
|Battery:||3xAA or 3x14500|
|Switch:||Reverse clicky in tail / Rotary ring near head|
|Modes:||Low - Mid - High - Strobe|
|LED Type:||Single XM-L U2 (Cool White)|
|Price @ 14/May/13:||$61.54|
This light was kindly provided for review by LightsCastle.com
- Uses regular AA batteries
- Works great with only 1 charged battery
- Nice simple UI with magnetic control ring for brightness control
- True off mode with no parasitic drain
- Modern XM-L U2 emitter
- Attractive styling
- Could be brighter given the triple cells
- Control ring binds when head over-tightened
- Too easy to unscrew the head and rip out the driver
- Needs a moonlight mode
- No warm bin available
- Unlubricated threads
- No glow in the dark tailswitch or markings
So I went to the went to the post office today. Now, I’ll admit that this normally wouldn’t merit a post on BLF. However, in this case, a few members have been dropping hints in my PM inbox that I should be expecting a package. A package of what, you might ask? Well, our one and only Old-Lumens sent me the following hint:
Once it arrives, let me know if you have any questions about it. It’s just a plain little light, takes AA sized batteries, nothing to get too excited about.
So I got to thinking, “Hmm, a flashlight that takes AA sized batteries… What could it be?” Possibly one of these beauties?
The ThruNite T30S – the successor of the ThruNite T30.
First here are some of the facts – you will find more details on the Shop of Thrunite sale website
- LED: Cree XML U2 LED, available in neutral and vool white
- Performance and run time: Max 650 lumens ANSI / NEMA FL1, High 650 lumens for 2.2 hours, Mid: 150 lumens for 7.3 hours, Low 9.4 lumens for 95 hours Strobe 650 lumens for 4.5 hours
- Power and voltage range: 3.3 V – 8.4 V. 1× 18650 or 2x CR123A (per the instructions). Two 16340 should work, but I do not use this type of batteries often. I try it with two 18650 (tested with additional parts of TN11S) and the light was brighter as with one 18650, but the head getting really warm within seconds (maybe to warm). I do not recommend to use 2x li-ion batteries (16340, 18650).
- Max Luminous range 250m peak beam intensity: 15000cd
- Dimensions and weight: Length 144mm – Head diameter 35mm – 159.6 gr
- Other: IPX-8 coated, HA III, anti-reflective lens, Impact resistant:1.2 m
- Package includes: Manual, holster, spare o-rings, stainless steel clip, lanyard, cigar ring.
I bought the Original Olight I3 last summer after reading some fab reviews. It's a super light but there were a couple of things that I didn't like. The new version is called the Olight I3S and this addresses the two things I felt could be improved (for me ). There is an additional feature which I really like. There are other improvements which certainly add to the light but which I personally wasn't too bothered about.
What's in the box?
Efest IMR17650 V1 1200mAh (Red)
- Brand: Efest Model: 17650 V1
- Capacity:1200mah Material: Li-Mn
- Positive Pole: Flat top
I purchased this new 1 × 26650 about 12 days ago from LightMalls. Delivery was a bit faster than I thought it would have been, so they seem to be on the ball these days.
Detailed photos for you are below.
Samsung INR18650-20R 2000mAh (Green)
- Li-ion high power cell for power tools
- Nominal Capacity : 2000mAh
- Nominal voltage : 3.6V
- Max. discharge current: 22A
- Charging voltage 4.2 ±0.05 V
Heres my short, yet hopefully helpful, review of BTY’s Enesuper 2250mAh AA and 900mAh AAA battery review!
I decided that its time to get myself some of the Chinese made Eneloop wanabe’s and after little research I found out that BTY, whos batteries are otherwise know to be utter crap, do have couple of decent batteries under their sleeve so I went ahead and ordered these AA and these AAA from Tmart, at the time of purchase it was amongst the cheapest, if not cheapest, e-tailer where these batteries were available and in stock.
After usual month of waiting I received all 8 batteries in my mailbox, they were very well packed and in good visual condition so thanks to Tmart for taking care in this regard, I wouldnt want to receive batteries in damaged state due to poor packaging:
Review of charger Soshine SC-S1max V3
UltraFire C20 / Crelant 7G3CS clone
Reviewer's Overall Rating: ★★★★★
|Battery:||1x 18650 unprotected/protected, 2x CR123A|
|Switch:||Forward clicky + micro switch for mode selection|
|Driver:||Proprietary switching buck driver, 3.0V - 6.0V|
|Modes:||High, Low, Stand by + dimming, fast 10Hz strobe, SOS|
|LED Type:||XM-L 1C (Cold White) unable to comfirm or deny U3 bin at the moment|
|Lens:||Coated glass lens|
(single violet coating on both sides it seems, or 2 coatings blue and red?)
|Reflector:||SMO - smooth|
|Body:||Aluminum, looks similar to D4/Xiaozhi finish|
|Price:||$31.20, use a coupon "C20", gives $2 discount to $29.20|
Valid from 2013-03-18 to 2013-03-28
|Shipping:||6 days from HK to EU! 2013-03-07 sent, 2013-03-13 received,|
trackable via HongKong post
Efest IMR18490 1100mAh (Red)
- Nominal Voltage: 3.7v
- Battery Model: 18490 Capacity: 1100mAh
- Positive: Nipple Top
- Cycle Life:500 Cycles
- Weight: 45g
- Dimensions: 48.89mm (L) x 18.19mm (D)
Shadow's GF1 is currently their only 1xCR123-sized light (18350 really but more on that later) in their lineup but can accommodate 18650's with the included extension tube:
This offers it great versatility and regardless of the configuration, it is relatively compact as compared to its respective categorical peers (especially in 18650 form).
Note: Both 1x18650 and 1xR/CR123 battery tubes are included
- Cree XM-L T6 LED with lifespan of 50,000 hours,maximum output of 450 lumens.
- Digitally regulated output, maintains constant brightness.
- Low voltage warning flash.
- Reverse polarity protection.
- Side switch on body of flashlight for on/off operation (Hold button for more than 1 second). Hold switch further to enable mode switching between 3 light modes (High, Medium, Low) and 1 strobe mode accessed via quick double click (Strobe can be accessed regardless if the flashlight is on or off)
- Textured Aluminum reflector.
- Beam throws over 100 meters.
- Made of durable 6061 aluminum alloy.
- CNC manufactured.
- Stainless steel bezel.
- Toughened ultra-clear glass lens.
- Premium Hard Anodized Type III champagne finish. Scratch resistant and anti-abrasive.
- IPX-8 waterproof.
- 61/74g weight (battery not included).
- Powered by Li-ion battery: 1x18650. 1x16340 with optional battery tube.
- Test run(Powered by 1x18650,capacity of 3.7V/2600mAh,Sanyo):
High Mode:1.7 hrs,450lm
Low Mode: over 35 hrs.
- Included accessories: lanyard/spare rubber switch cover/O rings/glass lens/switch.
- Versatility of EDC,especially for ladies..
Note: The above-mentioned parameters are approximate and may vary between flashlights, batteries and environments.