Welcome to BudgetLightForum.com
...where Frugal meets with Flashlight!
BLF Recent posts
Well, the moment is upon us!
Here is the list of Winners:
2 Ervin Anastasi
I will be contacting all of you over the course of the next several days, to let you know how to redeem your prizes. With the holiday, I think it will be sometime next week, before I hear back from all of the dealers involved, so please be patient.
I just want to thank all of you who took the plunge and made build threads here. They have been the highlight of my days for quite some time and I appreciate all of the labor and thought put into them. You are ALL WINNERS in my book!!
Thanks also, to the judges and to all of the sponsors. Last, but not least is the members here who helped support the contestants during their builds.
Photos of finished builds now shown in Post #1
2nd. Annual BLF Scratch Made Light Contest
IS Now Officially Open
First things first, I need to do a little advertising. As you already know, all of the prizes this year are coming from Dealers who are well known in this forum. Here they are:
At least for the time being, threads discussing CPF moderation issues and policies will be considered a controversial and divisive subject. I have taken the three main problem threads offline.
My intention is not to quell freedom of speech, but rather to extinguish the flames that have been raging here, which have resulted in hurt feelings, insults, and arguments between users that are normally a lot more amicable. These heated discussions haven’t achieved anything productive or enjoyable, and additionally have created a moderation nightmare for me.
My apologies to any who were offended in the arguments, and sorry for not stepping in sooner to put an end to the fighting.
When Old-Lumens chose his BLF username, I imagine he was referring to old age. However, I interpret it as “Old style craftsmanship that produces a lot of lumens”. And I just received tangible proof of my definition in the mail today…
Lumintop SD10 (2nd generation, NW emitter)
Reviewer's Overall Rating: ★★★★☆
|Battery:||1xD / 3xAA / 1x32650 / 1x26650 / 1x18650|
|Switch:||Electronic Side Clicky|
|Modes:||Low - Med - High - (Hidden Strobe)|
|LED Type:||XM-L2, neutral white 3C bin|
|Lens:||"Coated tempered glass"|
- Incredibly versatile battery compatibility
- Superb runtime
- Generally excellent design and build quality
- Beautiful neutral white tint now available
- Smooth beam profile with new orange peel reflector
- Tailstands perfectly
- Mode memory
- Cool illuminated switch with much improved tactile feel
- Somewhat expensive
- No reverse polarity protection and no orientation marking
- Briefly holding switch to turn on/off feels unnatural
- Hidden strobe mode can still be activated by accident
Lumintop SD10 "Household Searchlight" Review
Reviewer's Overall Rating: ★★★★★
|Battery:||3x AA, 1x D, 1x 18650/26650/32650|
|Switch:||Electronic side switch|
|Modes:||L/M/H with memory, hidden strobe (double click)|
|LED Type:||XM-L2 T6 Cool white|
|Lens:||AR coated lens|
|Date Ordered:||7/12/13 (received 7/31/13)|
- Runs on basically any battery config you could imagine
- Low mode is in fact low enough
- Easy lockout prevents parasitic drain (loosen tail cap 1/4 turn)
- Good build quality (except battery carrier)
- Might be a tad on the expensive side for some.
- Might be difficult to mod?? - more on this later
- No reverse polarity protection
- Battery carrier is cheap and not well built.
I received an UltraFire LZZ-F15 in the mail and I thought I would give a short review on it.
It will accept a 26650, an 18650 or 3xAAA batteries in it.
Reviewer's Overall Rating: ★★★1/2
Unknown 17355 3.0V 1000mAh (Green)
- Capacity: 1000mAh
- Voltage: 3.0V
- Rechargeable Times: Up to 500 times
- Size: 33.5mm(Length ) x 17mm(Diameter )
Click to view images at full resolution
NIWALKER Vostro BK-FA01 & BK-FA02
LED: CREE XM-L2 U2 / CREE MT-G2 P0
Battery: 18650 4x / 8x CR123
Modes: 7 (6 Light leves + strobe)
Switch: Magnetic Ring
Price: BK-FA01 $159.95 / BK-FA02 $179.95
Date: August 2013
Niwalker / RdL / Thread in ForoLinternas
Panasonic Pro Power AAA
Official specifications (I could not find any realspecifications):
- Up to 80% longer lasting
- Panasonic’s Pro Power battery offers premium energy for your personal appliances.
- Developed to provide reliable and dependable power, any place any time.
- The improved capacity of the new Panasonic Pro Power battery has up to 80% extra performance compared to last years Alkaline ranges.
- Premium alkaline range: developed to provide reliable and dependable power, any place any time.
- Ideal for high and medium drain appliances.
CK36 Recoil Thrower
Reviewer’s Overall Rating: ★★★★☆
Battery: 1×18650 (fits protected cell)
Switch: Rear, reverse clicky
Modes: 3-mode, no memory
LED Type: XR-E Q5
Lens: glass lens, uncoated
Price Paid: $13
Date Ordered: Q4 2012
+This review (including the pictures) is made after using the light for half a year. The light arrived clean and undamaged from the factory. +
Extremely compact reflector
Not extremely bright
No mode memory
Tmart sent me this Sipik SK98 for review
It's a zoomie using an XM-L and a single 18650 battery.
Reviewer's Overall Rating:
|Price Paid:||Sample, lists for $12.95|
CottonPickers Dual 4.2V-4.35V
CottonPickers has been making chargers for a long time, mostly he sells them on cpfmarketplace, but you can also sometimes find them in webshops. This model here is for some special LiIon batteries (LG 18650 D1 3000mAh (Pink) and Sanyo UR18650ZTA 3000mAh (Magenta)), but can also charge normal LiIon batteries, depending on a switch setting.
This is one of the brightest 1×18650 flashlights from Olight.
Excellent heat dissipating design provides high efficiency.
Sibeile IMR18650 2800mAh (Black)
- Model: 18650 lithium battery
- Brand: Sibeile lithium battery
- nominal capacity: 2800mAh
- nominal voltage: 3.7V
- battery material: lithium rechargeable battery
- positive pole: Nipple top
- rechargeable battery: Up to 500 times
- impedance: <60mOhm
- cycle life: >500 Cycles
- Operation temperature: Charge(0 ~ 45oC), Discharge(-20 ~ 60oC)
- Storage Temperature: -5 ~ 35oC
- Dimension: Diameter 18mm, Height 65mm
- Weight: About 50g
Sony SE US26650VT 2600mAh (Green)
- Voltage : 3.7v
- Capacity : 2600mAh (Min 2500mAh)
- Max Discharge Rate : 50A
- Charging Rate : 20C
- Size : 26 x 65mm
- Weight : 88g