Welcome to BudgetLightForum.com
...where Frugal meets with Flashlight!
BLF Recent posts
I imagine that most of you have probably noticed that post submission has been a pretty pokey process lately. We were commonly observing delays of 5 to 20 seconds after hitting the post button. So I finally managed to do a bit of performance profiling, and I think I found the source of the hangup. (It was a subsystem that I never thought to check for performance issues.) So I made a fairly significant configuration change that seems to have greatly improved the speed of post submission. Please let me know how it works for you.
Thanks for your patience and support! Have fun.
Lumintop SD10 (2nd generation, NW emitter)
Reviewer's Overall Rating: ★★★★☆
|Battery:||1xD / 3xAA / 1x32650 / 1x26650 / 1x18650|
|Switch:||Electronic Side Clicky|
|Modes:||Low - Med - High - (Hidden Strobe)|
|LED Type:||XM-L2, neutral white 3C bin|
|Lens:||"Coated tempered glass"|
- Incredibly versatile battery compatibility
- Superb runtime
- Generally excellent design and build quality
- Beautiful neutral white tint now available
- Smooth beam profile with new orange peel reflector
- Tailstands perfectly
- Mode memory
- Cool illuminated switch with much improved tactile feel
- Somewhat expensive
- No reverse polarity protection and no orientation marking
- Briefly holding switch to turn on/off feels unnatural
- Hidden strobe mode can still be activated by accident
The nice thing about being the administrator of BLF is that I frequently have the opportunity to welcome you to a new server. The bad part about being the administrator of BLF is that I frequently have to welcome you to a new server… Anyway, if you’re reading this message, you’re on the new server. It may not be any faster than the previous one, but the backend configuration should be much easier to maintain for the long run, and it should be a lot more reliable.
I did my best to make email notifications arrive reliably without being flagged as spam. But at any rate, there are far too many variables to take into account, and it’s very possible that some messages initially might end up in the spam folder. Please mark them as “not spam” if that happens. And please tell me how email notifications work for you.
You’ll probably see frequent brief periods of downtime as I continue to tweak settings and fix bugs.
As always, please let me know if you find any NEW bugs with this new configuration. Thanks for your patience! Have fun.
Lumintop SD10 "Household Searchlight" Review
Reviewer's Overall Rating: ★★★★★
|Battery:||3x AA, 1x D, 1x 18650/26650/32650|
|Switch:||Electronic side switch|
|Modes:||L/M/H with memory, hidden strobe (double click)|
|LED Type:||XM-L2 T6 Cool white|
|Lens:||AR coated lens|
|Date Ordered:||7/12/13 (received 7/31/13)|
- Runs on basically any battery config you could imagine
- Low mode is in fact low enough
- Easy lockout prevents parasitic drain (loosen tail cap 1/4 turn)
- Good build quality (except battery carrier)
- Might be a tad on the expensive side for some.
- Might be difficult to mod?? - more on this later
- No reverse polarity protection
- Battery carrier is cheap and not well built.
I received an UltraFire LZZ-F15 in the mail and I thought I would give a short review on it.
It will accept a 26650, an 18650 or 3xAAA batteries in it.
Reviewer's Overall Rating: ★★★1/2
Unknown 17355 3.0V 1000mAh (Green)
- Capacity: 1000mAh
- Voltage: 3.0V
- Rechargeable Times: Up to 500 times
- Size: 33.5mm(Length ) x 17mm(Diameter )
Click to view images at full resolution
NIWALKER Vostro BK-FA01 & BK-FA02
LED: CREE XM-L2 U2 / CREE MT-G2 P0
Battery: 18650 4x / 8x CR123
Modes: 7 (6 Light leves + strobe)
Switch: Magnetic Ring
Price: BK-FA01 $159.95 / BK-FA02 $179.95
Date: August 2013
Niwalker / RdL / Thread in ForoLinternas
Panasonic Pro Power AAA
Official specifications (I could not find any realspecifications):
- Up to 80% longer lasting
- Panasonic’s Pro Power battery offers premium energy for your personal appliances.
- Developed to provide reliable and dependable power, any place any time.
- The improved capacity of the new Panasonic Pro Power battery has up to 80% extra performance compared to last years Alkaline ranges.
- Premium alkaline range: developed to provide reliable and dependable power, any place any time.
- Ideal for high and medium drain appliances.
CK36 Recoil Thrower
Reviewer’s Overall Rating: ★★★★☆
Battery: 1×18650 (fits protected cell)
Switch: Rear, reverse clicky
Modes: 3-mode, no memory
LED Type: XR-E Q5
Lens: glass lens, uncoated
Price Paid: $13
Date Ordered: Q4 2012
+This review (including the pictures) is made after using the light for half a year. The light arrived clean and undamaged from the factory. +
Extremely compact reflector
Not extremely bright
No mode memory
Tmart sent me this Sipik SK98 for review
It's a zoomie using an XM-L and a single 18650 battery.
Reviewer's Overall Rating:
|Price Paid:||Sample, lists for $12.95|
CottonPickers Dual 4.2V-4.35V
CottonPickers has been making chargers for a long time, mostly he sells them on cpfmarketplace, but you can also sometimes find them in webshops. This model here is for some special LiIon batteries (LG 18650 D1 3000mAh (Pink) and Sanyo UR18650ZTA 3000mAh (Magenta)), but can also charge normal LiIon batteries, depending on a switch setting.
This is one of the brightest 1×18650 flashlights from Olight.
Excellent heat dissipating design provides high efficiency.
Sibeile IMR18650 2800mAh (Black)
- Model: 18650 lithium battery
- Brand: Sibeile lithium battery
- nominal capacity: 2800mAh
- nominal voltage: 3.7V
- battery material: lithium rechargeable battery
- positive pole: Nipple top
- rechargeable battery: Up to 500 times
- impedance: <60mOhm
- cycle life: >500 Cycles
- Operation temperature: Charge(0 ~ 45oC), Discharge(-20 ~ 60oC)
- Storage Temperature: -5 ~ 35oC
- Dimension: Diameter 18mm, Height 65mm
- Weight: About 50g
Sony SE US26650VT 2600mAh (Green)
- Voltage : 3.7v
- Capacity : 2600mAh (Min 2500mAh)
- Max Discharge Rate : 50A
- Charging Rate : 20C
- Size : 26 x 65mm
- Weight : 88g
*Provided for review by DealExtreme.com
|Material||T6063 T6 Aluminum|
|LED Type||XM-L T6|
|LED Color Bin||Cool White|
|Number of Emitters||4|
|Number of modes||5|
|Mode Arrangement||Hi > Med > Low > Strobe > SOS|
|Brightness (lumens)||1360 > 980 > 750 > 1200 > 900|
|Switch Type||Reverse Clicky|
|Runtime||4 hours (Hi mode)|
|Reflector||Aluminum Smooth (SMO)|
|Anodizing||HAIII Hard Anodization|
|Packing list||1 x Flashlight, 1X 18650 battery adapter|
MY NOTED & CORRECTED SPECIFICATIONS
|Number of Modes||5|
|Modes arrangement||Hi > Hi > Low > Strobe > SOS|
|Brightness (H/H/L)||1303 / 1303 / 459|
|Memory||Yes (Last Mode)|
|Waterproof||No (O-rings too thin)|
|18650 Battery adapter||No|
|Individual reflector diameter||24mm|
|Lens diameter x height||69.62 x 2.47mm|
|Battery tube I.D.||27.05|
|Battery tube O.D.||33mm|
|Switch boot diameter x height||16mm x 8mm|
- Extremely comfortable in the hand
- Beam pattern is very good.
- Reflector is a massive and heavy chunk of aluminum.
- Threads are average but super smooth. Came lubed.
- Some modding potential
- Extremely fast PWM
- Low output
- No medium mode (High and "Medium" are both the same)
- Finish is just average for a budget light. A number of dings on the light from the factory.
- O-rings on battery tube too thin to be waterproof
- Under driven
- Low mode is far too bright
- No 18650 battery adapter
- One-piece head has great heat sinking potential but machining grooves and anodized surface ruin it.
- Farr too expensive for what it is. Should be $25 tops.