Firefly BIG sale now live! 40% off + 50% off PL47G2

Firefly BIG sale now live!
Fireflylite Flashlight Official Store – Fireflylite outdoor (affiliated link)
The coupon can be used only once per customer. Code: FlashSale-Limited

Also this 50% sale ends in about 12hrs: Get PL47G2 at 27.5usd

1 Thank

The Fireflies website is one of the most obnoxious I have seen in a long time. There are floating elements all over the screen obscuring the actual page. I can’t even read the specs because there is dumb pop-up shit all over

3 Thanks

Also have the scammy “add this item on” when you try to check out

1 Thank

I agree. Too many popups/modal windows block views :-/
I’ll see if I can get Jack to tone them down.

My first order from this company was a joke. Apparently my flashlight was not in stock when I ordered, or they accepted more orders than they had stock to fulfill. Either way, no indication was given that I was essentially back-ordering a product. Subsequently, they failed to ship for over a month without any updates for buyers like me. My emails were ignored. When the light finally arrived, there were black spots on the leds where soldering flux and been spattered.

1 Thank

I’ll see if Jack can add a pre-order label or something.

Actually, it does have stock availability.

Well, it’s good that it was added. This order was some time ago now and indicator did not exist then.

1 Thank

this indicator is just a trick, it counts down and reloads automatically

3 Thanks

I’m hoping it isn’t. I placed an order (my first Fireflylite) and I noticed the counter didn’t drop by 1 after placing the order. Also clicking between different LED options didn’t change the numbers. Although, that perhaps could have been related to me limiting what scripts would run.

Side note: it’s a bit silly when their site blocks the Purchase button with other pop-ups!

1 Thank

There are various sites that do that. Like how Nealsgadgets has apparently sold 3 of the same $600 light in the last 24 hours :joy:

Yeah, I literally had to tab onto it to checkout :woman_facepalming:

1 Thank

I’m very eager to see how these upgraded drivers perform. I picked up an E07X Canon. Went with the FFL 5000k emitters.

I bought a firefly light once. The emitter in it goes angry blue in turbo mode. So no more fireflies lights for me, I’ll stick with Hank lights, convoy, and an occasional BLF light made by one of the budget manufacturers.

What model? That’s my fear with buying relatively expensive flashlights from overseas.

In all honesty I wouldn’t have ordered the one I have unless the sale was on - I’ve justified it as a birthday present to myself. It’s an X1S Pharos with 4000k XHP50. It’s a lot better than the wife buying me something I don’t want :laughing: . BTW I’m dead if she ever reads this!

E01 with a W2. Someday I will get around to replacing the emitter with something that can take the current.

Will Firefly do a warm white E07x Cannon on request? I’m tempted but 4000K is too cool for the purpose it would serve for me.

What do you mean? warm white is button color in Emisars :stuck_out_tongue: I requested for mine 3x3700+ 4x5000K FFL351A leds and it was additional 5$, this should make ~4443K in Turbo.
Edit. I see you mean even warmer hmm, they supposedly have 1800K version, as Jackson confirmed in his last shipping to him.

I mean between 2700-3500K, high CRI. I don’t know the LEDs they stock so I’m asking broadly :blush:

Also I see now the coupon code doesn’t work for the E07x anyway, making this a bit less attractive.

I guess it is better to have a dead LED than the driver dying. Perhaps it’s a good candidate for an SFT40?

Have you pulled it apart- is there enough thermal compound on the back of the LED MCPCB?

Yeah I was thinking of an SFT40. It was probably on /r/flashlights where many people reported the same issue. Complete lack of design knowhow and quality control. So they lost my business.