Q8, PMS SEND TO THOSE WITH ISSUES BLF soda can light

17359 posts / 0 new
Last post
jycheang
Offline
Last seen: 5 days 18 hours ago
Joined: 02/23/2015 - 20:11
Posts: 88
JasonWW wrote:
jycheang wrote:
Found other seller selling BLF Q8. Not sure its original item or not.
Maybe a phony Q8? What is the link?

I believe China supplier

https://shopee.com.my/acescene.my/776149037

JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 18 min 11 sec ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 10538
Location: Houston Texas
jycheang wrote:
JasonWW wrote:
jycheang wrote:
Found other seller selling BLF Q8. Not sure its original item or not.
Maybe a phony Q8? What is the link?

I believe China supplier

https://shopee.com.my/acescene.my/776149037


It looks like Q8 pictures and text. What makes you think it’s something different? Is the price too low? I don’t know what RM140 is equal to.

When in doubt, just buy from trusted source.

Spiderlight
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 20 min ago
Joined: 12/24/2017 - 19:17
Posts: 95
Location: Germany
JasonWW wrote:
jycheang wrote:
JasonWW wrote:
jycheang wrote:
Found other seller selling BLF Q8. Not sure its original item or not.
Maybe a phony Q8? What is the link?

I believe China supplier

https://shopee.com.my/acescene.my/776149037


I don’t know what RM140 is equal to.


35 USD = 140 RM

I think that is too cheap.

JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 18 min 11 sec ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 10538
Location: Houston Texas
Spiderlight wrote:
JasonWW wrote:
jycheang wrote:
JasonWW wrote:
jycheang wrote:
Found other seller selling BLF Q8. Not sure its original item or not.
Maybe a phony Q8? What is the link?

I believe China supplier

https://shopee.com.my/acescene.my/776149037


I don’t know what RM140 is equal to.


35 USD = 140 RM

I think that is too cheap.


Yeah, that is $5 cheaper than the group buy price!

It’s better to buy from a trusted source. I see banggood has it for $50 usd. Sometimes it’s on sale for $45.

jycheang
Offline
Last seen: 5 days 18 hours ago
Joined: 02/23/2015 - 20:11
Posts: 88
JasonWW wrote:
jycheang wrote:
JasonWW wrote:
jycheang wrote:
Found other seller selling BLF Q8. Not sure its original item or not.
Maybe a phony Q8? What is the link?

I believe China supplier

https://shopee.com.my/acescene.my/776149037


It looks like Q8 pictures and text. What makes you think it’s something different? Is the price too low? I don’t know what RM140 is equal to.

When in doubt, just buy from trusted source.

I’m almost want make my purchase from BG until see this price. Tempted with such price, temporary no update coupon that near to GB price.
USD 35 are price that subsidized by B2C platform.
Seller mark price USD41 which same like our GB price.
I’m in previous GB list but miss the date.
Lucky enough to avoid those first batch issues.

headache with atrolux S42 issues

contigo
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 6 days ago
Joined: 06/15/2016 - 17:17
Posts: 202

i dont get too many chances to use my Q8 but when i do, its so fun

justanotherguy
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 31 min ago
Joined: 11/26/2012 - 22:11
Posts: 555
Location: ILLinois

I bought my 6th Q8 from ebay… california seller. $46.50 ?
Anyway, cannot tell it apart from the first 5

Spiderlight
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 20 min ago
Joined: 12/24/2017 - 19:17
Posts: 95
Location: Germany

My Q8 is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. I am so excited and I will be even more disappointed if I miss the postman.

Bruno28
Offline
Last seen: 5 days 21 hours ago
Joined: 11/27/2014 - 23:20
Posts: 498
Location: Australia

Could I get the code to order, I never ordered when it was released, but now I want one. But the code is invalid at the moment.

Has all the issues been fixed now?

teacher
teacher's picture
Online
Last seen: 7 min 37 sec ago
Joined: 02/23/2016 - 19:04
Posts: 8699
Location: NE & SW Alabama

Bruno28 wrote:
Could I get the code to order, I never ordered when it was released, but now I want one. But the code is invalid at the moment.

Has all the issues been fixed now?

As far as I know there are no more codes… the GB has been over a while.
The issues were fixed a long time ago.
All has been good after the first 500 I believe it was.

Try M4DM4X for a fairly decent price…..

You never know how a horse will pull until you hook him up to a heavy load./"Bear" Bryant 

 .................................. "Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast" ...................................

       Texas Lumens Flashlights / M4D M4X Deals : sign up - save $$$$  

         Rudeness Level _ mΩ _ {width:70%} _ LightWiki _ LED Tint Chart  

      Xlamp size chart _ BatteryU _ Flashaholic? Need Professional Help???            TheOriginal _ TAB _ LightSearch _ BatterySearch _ 14500's _ DiCal 

 

                                             

Bruno28
Offline
Last seen: 5 days 21 hours ago
Joined: 11/27/2014 - 23:20
Posts: 498
Location: Australia

teacher wrote:
Bruno28 wrote:
Could I get the code to order, I never ordered when it was released, but now I want one. But the code is invalid at the moment.

Has all the issues been fixed now?

As far as I know there are no more codes… the GB has been over a while.
The issues were fixed a long time ago.
All has been good after the first 500 I believe it was.

Try M4DM4X for a fairly decent price…..

M4DM4X code has expired too.

teacher
teacher's picture
Online
Last seen: 7 min 37 sec ago
Joined: 02/23/2016 - 19:04
Posts: 8699
Location: NE & SW Alabama

Bruno28 wrote:
teacher wrote:
Bruno28 wrote:
Could I get the code to order, I never ordered when it was released, but now I want one. But the code is invalid at the moment.

Has all the issues been fixed now?

As far as I know there are no more codes… the GB has been over a while.
The issues were fixed a long time ago.
All has been good after the first 500 I believe it was.

Try M4DM4X for a fairly decent price…..

M4DM4X code has expired too.
Sorry then… I don’t know what else to tell you.

You never know how a horse will pull until you hook him up to a heavy load./"Bear" Bryant 

 .................................. "Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast" ...................................

       Texas Lumens Flashlights / M4D M4X Deals : sign up - save $$$$  

         Rudeness Level _ mΩ _ {width:70%} _ LightWiki _ LED Tint Chart  

      Xlamp size chart _ BatteryU _ Flashaholic? Need Professional Help???            TheOriginal _ TAB _ LightSearch _ BatterySearch _ 14500's _ DiCal 

 

                                             

djozz
djozz's picture
Offline
Last seen: 22 min 15 sec ago
Joined: 09/07/2012 - 17:04
Posts: 14921
Location: Amsterdam

teacher wrote:
Bruno28 wrote:
teacher wrote:
Bruno28 wrote:
Could I get the code to order, I never ordered when it was released, but now I want one. But the code is invalid at the moment.

Has all the issues been fixed now?

As far as I know there are no more codes… the GB has been over a while.
The issues were fixed a long time ago.
All has been good after the first 500 I believe it was.

Try M4DM4X for a fairly decent price…..

M4DM4X code has expired too.
Sorry then… I don’t know what else to tell you.

6 days ago Banggood had it on flash sale for $49.95. That is expired now but if you keep looking around I would be surprised if it does not pop up somewhere for under $50 again in a week or two.
MRsDNF
MRsDNF's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 31 min ago
Joined: 12/22/2011 - 21:18
Posts: 12920
Location: A light beam away from the missus in the land of Aus.

 

djozz quotes, "it came with chinese lettering that is chinese to me".

                      "My man mousehole needs one too"

old4570 said "I'm not an expert , so don't suffer from any such technical restrictions".

Old-Lumens. Highly admired and cherished member of Budget Light Forum. 11.5.2011 - 20.12.16. RIP.

 

Spiderlight
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 20 min ago
Joined: 12/24/2017 - 19:17
Posts: 95
Location: Germany

Spiderlight wrote:
My Q8 is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. I am so excited and I will be even more disappointed if I miss the postman.

That flashlight is so amazing even better than expected.

Now I just have to figure out how to configure the flashlight. Quite complex ui with a lot of blinking.

JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 18 min 11 sec ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 10538
Location: Houston Texas

Spiderlight wrote:
Spiderlight wrote:
My Q8 is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. I am so excited and I will be even more disappointed if I miss the postman.

That flashlight is so amazing even better than expected.

Now I just have to figure out how to configure the flashlight. Quite complex ui with a lot of blinking.


I’ve got a video on configuring it.

Just keep your cheat sheet or manual next to you as a reference.

I think once you get it set to your preferences, you won’t need to mess with the settings anymore.

Spiderlight
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 20 min ago
Joined: 12/24/2017 - 19:17
Posts: 95
Location: Germany

JasonWW wrote:
Spiderlight wrote:
Spiderlight wrote:
My Q8 is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. I am so excited and I will be even more disappointed if I miss the postman.

That flashlight is so amazing even better than expected.

Now I just have to figure out how to configure the flashlight. Quite complex ui with a lot of blinking.


I’ve got a video on configuring it.

Just keep your cheat sheet or manual next to you as a reference.

I think once you get it set to your preferences, you won’t need to mess with the settings anymore.

That video is really helpful and if I mess the configuration up I can always revert back to default settings.

MRsDNF
MRsDNF's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 31 min ago
Joined: 12/22/2011 - 21:18
Posts: 12920
Location: A light beam away from the missus in the land of Aus.

Thanks for making the effort Jason. Thumbs Up

 

djozz quotes, "it came with chinese lettering that is chinese to me".

                      "My man mousehole needs one too"

old4570 said "I'm not an expert , so don't suffer from any such technical restrictions".

Old-Lumens. Highly admired and cherished member of Budget Light Forum. 11.5.2011 - 20.12.16. RIP.

 

Spiderlight
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 20 min ago
Joined: 12/24/2017 - 19:17
Posts: 95
Location: Germany

Is it possible to buy spare parts which could be handy if I mess up some modifications?

teacher
teacher's picture
Online
Last seen: 7 min 37 sec ago
Joined: 02/23/2016 - 19:04
Posts: 8699
Location: NE & SW Alabama

Joey Adams, I think I remember you posting you got a grenade pouch for your Q8 (IIRC); but I can’t seem to find that post amongst all the posts in this huge thread.

When you have a minute could you please post a picture of your Q8 in your pouch with the top open…. so I can see how far the Q8 goes into the pouch.

No rush… just when you have time. Thumbs Up

Thank you in advance. Smile

And if you happen to have a link to where you got yours share that too please sir. If you don’t, no big deal. Smile

You never know how a horse will pull until you hook him up to a heavy load./"Bear" Bryant 

 .................................. "Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast" ...................................

       Texas Lumens Flashlights / M4D M4X Deals : sign up - save $$$$  

         Rudeness Level _ mΩ _ {width:70%} _ LightWiki _ LED Tint Chart  

      Xlamp size chart _ BatteryU _ Flashaholic? Need Professional Help???            TheOriginal _ TAB _ LightSearch _ BatterySearch _ 14500's _ DiCal 

 

                                             

Jtm94
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 53 min ago
Joined: 02/22/2017 - 05:08
Posts: 390
Location: Pennsylvania

The Q8 pouch that was mentioned the most comes from an ebay seller here

Last I remember the deeper variant was sold out, but he still had a slightly shallower variant. You can check post #10290 by Tom E to see the pictures of the Q8 in the pouch. This is by far the best value and quality pouch I’ve seen in this entire thread. My buddy got it and prefers the shallower pouch he told me if it was any deeper it would be awkward to fish the light out. If you want more pictures the search within thread tool is very handy Wink

teacher
teacher's picture
Online
Last seen: 7 min 37 sec ago
Joined: 02/23/2016 - 19:04
Posts: 8699
Location: NE & SW Alabama

/\/\/\ … Thank you Jtm94 for that info. . Thumbs Up

You never know how a horse will pull until you hook him up to a heavy load./"Bear" Bryant 

 .................................. "Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast" ...................................

       Texas Lumens Flashlights / M4D M4X Deals : sign up - save $$$$  

         Rudeness Level _ mΩ _ {width:70%} _ LightWiki _ LED Tint Chart  

      Xlamp size chart _ BatteryU _ Flashaholic? Need Professional Help???            TheOriginal _ TAB _ LightSearch _ BatterySearch _ 14500's _ DiCal 

 

                                             

AlexGT
AlexGT's picture
Offline
Last seen: 52 min 48 sec ago
Joined: 06/07/2012 - 17:39
Posts: 4230
Location: Texas

My switch had started to flicker a lot in this last week so last night I got fed up with it and decided to either fix it or send it to hell… Luckily I fixed it Big Smile

I carefully unscrewed the retaining ring using snap ring pliers and proceeded to put a very small amount of flux on each side of the resistor and the leds, then while the switch was powered on I used a soldering iron to gently touch each side of the resistor and the leds, the problem was a bad solder on one of the left side led, now it does not flicker at all!

HTH
AlexGT

teacher
teacher's picture
Online
Last seen: 7 min 37 sec ago
Joined: 02/23/2016 - 19:04
Posts: 8699
Location: NE & SW Alabama

AlexGT wrote:
My switch had started to flicker a lot in this last week so last night I got fed up with it and decided to either fix it or send it to hell… Luckily I fixed it Big Smile

I carefully unscrewed the retaining ring using snap ring pliers and proceeded to put a very small amount of flux on each side of the resistor and the leds, then while the switch was powered on I used a soldering iron to gently touch each side of the resistor and the leds, the problem was a bad solder on one of the left side led, now it does not flicker at all!

HTH
AlexGT

Nice move…… & info. . Thumbs Up

You never know how a horse will pull until you hook him up to a heavy load./"Bear" Bryant 

 .................................. "Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast" ...................................

       Texas Lumens Flashlights / M4D M4X Deals : sign up - save $$$$  

         Rudeness Level _ mΩ _ {width:70%} _ LightWiki _ LED Tint Chart  

      Xlamp size chart _ BatteryU _ Flashaholic? Need Professional Help???            TheOriginal _ TAB _ LightSearch _ BatterySearch _ 14500's _ DiCal 

 

                                             

goshdogit
goshdogit's picture
Offline
Last seen: 51 min 35 sec ago
Joined: 12/03/2015 - 21:28
Posts: 895

I ordered a total of nine Q8s for myself and several friends, and they all arrived in perfect working condition.

Before distributing them among my friends, I clamped seven Q8s together. I used small lengths of dowel between the battery tubes to keep the Q8s parallel.

Click the photos to embiggen.

The huge difference in brightness required that I set the camera’s exposure so the 7x just barely didn’t overexpose the scene. In person, both scenes are much brighter.

The 7x Q8 photo reveals a marauder peering from behind the tree. (He’s wearing sunglasses and still had to squint.) Cool

Here is a comparison .GIF:

Here is a view from the marauder’s position next to the tree, 115 feet from the 7x Q8.

Here’s a view from behind the 7x rig on the tripod.

manithree
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 26 min ago
Joined: 01/12/2013 - 01:08
Posts: 319
Location: Orem, UT, USA

goshdogit wrote:
I ordered a total of nine Q8s for myself and several friends, and they all arrived in perfect working condition.

Before distributing them among my friends, I clamped seven Q8s together. I used small lengths of dowel between the battery tubes to keep the Q8s parallel.

Spiderlight
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 20 min ago
Joined: 12/24/2017 - 19:17
Posts: 95
Location: Germany

The question is who will do that with 7 GTs?

lionheart_2281
lionheart_2281's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 4 sec ago
Joined: 10/25/2012 - 18:32
Posts: 2906
Location: Brisbane, Australia

That’s the coolest thing I’ve seen in 2018, maybe even 2017 as well

Streamer
Streamer's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 9 min ago
Joined: 12/01/2011 - 21:06
Posts: 3663
Location: TX

https://imgur.com/a/UPSis

yep, there’s the marauder alright,,, Cool

Boaz
Boaz's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 24 min ago
Joined: 11/07/2010 - 09:31
Posts: 6959
Location: Birthplace of Aviation

       καὶ τὸ φῶς ἐν τῇ σκοτίᾳ φαίνει καὶ ἡ σκοτία αὐτὸ οὐ κατέλαβεν

                                  https://www.gty.org/

 

    Still selling diffuser film  >…  http://budgetlightforum.com/node/42208

Pages