FW3A, a TLF/BLF EDC flashlight - SST-20 available, coupon codes public

13471 posts / 0 new
Last post
808Hi
Online
Last seen: 9 min 48 sec ago
Joined: 01/21/2018 - 04:30
Posts: 274
Location: Hawaii

Please sign me up

ToyKeeper
ToyKeeper's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 1 min ago
Joined: 01/12/2013 - 14:40
Posts: 9963
Location: (469219) 2016 HO3
WaylonJennings wrote:
You would be the greatest neighbor ever!

?

As a neighbor, I’d probably be too shy to say hi… unless you count blasting bass through the walls at 3am.

Gj
Gj's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 3 min ago
Joined: 06/26/2013 - 15:44
Posts: 3040
Location: NY,USA
ToyKeeper wrote:
WaylonJennings wrote:
You would be the greatest neighbor ever!

?

As a neighbor, I’d probably be too shy to say hi… unless you count blasting bass through the walls at 3am.

That must piss off the landlord!

BrianCharles
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 43 min ago
Joined: 02/14/2018 - 10:51
Posts: 4
Location: United States

interested..Thanks

Mike Fitz
Mike Fitz's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 6 days ago
Joined: 02/14/2018 - 21:50
Posts: 10
Location: United States

I'll bite, please add me to the list for one.

full-beam
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 02/15/2018 - 15:00
Posts: 6
Location: UK

Please add me to the list for 1, thank you.

spaceminions
Offline
Last seen: 6 days 16 hours ago
Joined: 07/20/2015 - 14:18
Posts: 149
Location: Texas, USA

Please add me to the list for 1, thanks. I wish I’d remembered to come by when TK first mentioned it to me.

Card Carrying CRI baby https://b.thumbs.redditmedia.com/laMC7BGhREfYTRQjYe2I5FMjTF1IjrmM6bPLK9SKEXU.png

 

808Hi
Online
Last seen: 9 min 48 sec ago
Joined: 01/21/2018 - 04:30
Posts: 274
Location: Hawaii

Put me down for 2.
Thank you

Bob_McBob
Offline
Last seen: 21 hours 2 min ago
Joined: 08/14/2016 - 04:53
Posts: 522
Location: Canada

Please add me to the list for one.

Shadowfax
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 4 days ago
Joined: 07/16/2015 - 02:47
Posts: 30
Location: California

Please add me to the list for one. Looks like another great flashlight from the BLF design team — many thanks.

“Put down that cell phone and get a real flashlight”!

Ocelot
Ocelot's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 27 min ago
Joined: 02/17/2018 - 01:23
Posts: 103
Location: Hawaii

I hope I didn't miss the bus on this one... like i did the GT (sigh)

 

Really exciting minimalist EDC... Cheers  to all that made this possible

 

Please count me in for TWO!!

 

PBWilson
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 30 min ago
Joined: 08/24/2016 - 17:49
Posts: 915
Location: Rochester, NY

I doubt there’s any bus to miss. This is an inexpensive and superberbly spec’d light. They don’t need the considerable machining and raw material of the GT so they’ll sell a ton of them and should have them available for a long while until some new advances in compact flashlight technology comes around.

I’m just hoping that soon after Chinese New Year we will hear some concrete information about when they’ll start production and what the final design will look like.

ToyKeeper
ToyKeeper's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 1 min ago
Joined: 01/12/2013 - 14:40
Posts: 9963
Location: (469219) 2016 HO3

If I understand correctly, if the FW3A sells well, it’ll probably be the first in a series. FW3A for aluminum, FW3B for brass, FW3C for copper, FW3T for titanium. It shouldn’t be a once-only limited-time thing unless something goes wrong.

However, like most of these projects, the price may be higher for the general public after the group buy is done.

I have a lot of lights… and the FW3A is what I’ve been using the most lately. It’s not the prettiest light in my collection, but it does seem unusually practical. It’s one of the smallest 18650 lights, one of the most versatile, it’s mod-friendly, and it has a good clip and good ergonomics. So I hope it’ll stick around.

bmengineer
bmengineer's picture
Offline
Last seen: 45 min ago
Joined: 01/26/2018 - 11:38
Posts: 834
Location: Ontario, Canada
ToyKeeper wrote:
It’s one of the smallest 18650 lights, one of the most versatile, it’s mod-friendly, and it has a good clip and good ergonomics. So I hope it’ll stick around.

Could you post a picture of the light next to a D4 and maybe a Convoy to give us an idea of the size?

Find all my reviews of flashlights and more gear at www.bmengineer.com

ToyKeeper
ToyKeeper's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 1 min ago
Joined: 01/12/2013 - 14:40
Posts: 9963
Location: (469219) 2016 HO3
bmengineer wrote:
Could you post a picture of the light next to a D4 and maybe a Convoy to give us an idea of the size?

http://budgetlightforum.com/comment/1236354#comment-1236354 Smile

Boaz
Boaz's picture
Offline
Last seen: 20 min 12 sec ago
Joined: 11/07/2010 - 09:31
Posts: 7125
Location: Birthplace of Aviation
Please don’t use a kickstarter on this light … I’m old and vote for an electric start.

       καὶ τὸ φῶς ἐν τῇ σκοτίᾳ φαίνει καὶ ἡ σκοτία αὐτὸ οὐ κατέλαβεν

                            

       Dc-fix diffuser film  >…  http://budgetlightforum.com/node/42208

bmengineer
bmengineer's picture
Offline
Last seen: 45 min ago
Joined: 01/26/2018 - 11:38
Posts: 834
Location: Ontario, Canada
ToyKeeper wrote:
bmengineer wrote:
Could you post a picture of the light next to a D4 and maybe a Convoy to give us an idea of the size?

http://budgetlightforum.com/comment/1236354#comment-1236354 Smile

Woops. Hard to keep track of 2500 posts. That thing is crazy tiny! Would be nice to see a FW1A in the future as well. Thanks!

Find all my reviews of flashlights and more gear at www.bmengineer.com

ToyKeeper
ToyKeeper's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 1 min ago
Joined: 01/12/2013 - 14:40
Posts: 9963
Location: (469219) 2016 HO3
Boaz wrote:
Please don’t use a kickstarter on this light … I’m old and vote for an electric start.


Ever had to get out and hand-crank the engine to get it started? It’s actually not as bad as it sounds.

Controls in those days were a little different though. Throttle control on a hand lever, gear changes and reverse on foot pedals, and a crank starter with a tendency to break arms. Want to change into high gear? Be sure not to hit the reverse pedal by mistake!

They probably should have consulted me about the UI. Silly

MascaratumB
MascaratumB's picture
Online
Last seen: 9 min 40 sec ago
Joined: 10/29/2016 - 12:12
Posts: 4076
Location: Portugal

Only now I noticed that the OP has changed to FW3A Team!!

Will the “Team” be in charge of the updates to the interest lists from now on? Wink

If so, I guess I shall pay the due respect to pepinfaxera for the work done in that updates, in the “absence” period of The Miller! Thanks!!!

For the FW3A Team, I wish all the best and I guess that I am just 1 among many that wanna see this project keep going on the best way possible Wink In you we trust, to deliver an excellent flashlight Wink

Keep the good work on it Thumbs Up

[REVIEWS] AMUTORCH: S3 / S3 vs 219c / AM30 / AX1 / VG10 /// SOFIRN: SF14 + SP10A / SP32A / SP10B /// NITEFOX: UT20 / ES10K / K3 /// ODEPRO: KL52 / B108 /// ACEBEAM: H20 / TK16 /// BLITZWOLF: BW-ET1 /// DQG: AA Slim Ti /// HC-LIGHTS: SS AAA /// XTAR: PB2 Charger /// OLIGHT: M2R Warrior /// WUBEN: TO10R / E05 / T70 / E10 /// ON THE ROAD: M1 / i3 / M3 Pro /// ROVYVON: A2 + A5R / E300S / A8 /// KLARUS: XT1C /// LUMINTOP: Tool AA V2.0 + Tool 25 /// LIVARNOLUX: 314791 /// SKILHUNT: M150

Tricks: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 /// TIR Lenses: 1 / 2 /// Others: Biscotti 3 + 1*7135 / Triple TIR w/ XP-G2 ///// My Collection ///// My Review's Blog (PT)

GIVEAWAY: 1

FW3A Team
FW3A Team's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 02/15/2018 - 03:28
Posts: 38
Location: This is not a real account. Contact Neal for support instead.
bmengineer wrote:
Hard to keep track of 2500 posts.

Indeed, it is.

Changes will be happening soon in the first post, to make it easier for everyone to stay up to date.

FW3A thread – contact Neal on BLF or email for FW3A questions and support

ToyKeeper
ToyKeeper's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 1 min ago
Joined: 01/12/2013 - 14:40
Posts: 9963
Location: (469219) 2016 HO3
MascaratumB wrote:
Will the “Team” be in charge of the updates to the interest lists from now on? Wink

Eventually, yes. But probably not immediately, since no one in the team has volunteered to do that yet.

I started writing a bot for it, but I got distracted because I have like a zillion* projects and other things to do. The most recent project aims to make all the others a bit more manageable and help me avoid neglecting any for too long.


* “Zillion” currently means 7445 individual tasks, according to the new meter, but I haven’t finished writing conduits so it’s not yet aggregating all relevant data.

goshdogit
goshdogit's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 43 min ago
Joined: 12/03/2015 - 21:28
Posts: 1021

ToyKeeper wrote:
Ever had to get out and hand-crank the engine to get it started? It’s actually not as bad as it sounds.

Controls in those days were a little different though. Throttle control on a hand lever, gear changes and reverse on foot pedals, and a crank starter with a tendency to break arms. Want to change into high gear? Be sure not to hit the reverse pedal by mistake!

This reminded me of a segment from one of my favorite TV shows, ‘The Secret Life Of Machines,’ hosted by Tim Hunkin.

Here’s a two-minute clip demonstrating the startup and driving procedure of a 1902 Wolseley automobile:

I highly suggest watching all 30 episodes of ‘The Secret Life Of Machines.’ They’re available on YouTube.

One of my favorite epiosdes is ‘The Secret Life Of The Central Heating System,’ but they’re all very good.

CJ Avlis
Offline
Last seen: 18 hours 10 min ago
Joined: 07/21/2017 - 20:30
Posts: 287
Location: USA

MascaratumB wrote:
Only now I noticed that the OP has changed to FW3A Team!!

Will the “Team” be in charge of the updates to the interest lists from now on? Wink

If so, I guess I shall pay the due respect to pepinfaxera for the work done in that updates, in the “absence” period of The Miller! Thanks!!!

For the FW3A Team, I wish all the best and I guess that I am just 1 among many that wanna see this project keep going on the best way possible Wink In you we trust, to deliver an excellent flashlight Wink

Keep the good work on it Thumbs Up

Hmmm…I don’t know Fritz, but if the ‘Team’ is hanging out in his underpants…shouldn’t we call the police or rescue??

joechina
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 3 days ago
Joined: 03/05/2016 - 08:23
Posts: 1405
Location: Germany

I guess the team is at that location to test the nut roaster funktion.

JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 14 hours 48 min ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 11561
Location: Houston Texas
FW3A Team wrote:
bmengineer wrote:
Hard to keep track of 2500 posts.

Indeed, it is.

Changes will be happening soon in the first post, to make it easier for everyone to stay up to date.


It might be best to log out of the team account when you make posts in the thread so that people know who they are talking to. It will help to avoid confusion.

Who is this right now, Fritz?

Texas Ace Lumen Tube calibrated with Maukka lights

Click this to go to signature links.

ToyKeeper
ToyKeeper's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 1 min ago
Joined: 01/12/2013 - 14:40
Posts: 9963
Location: (469219) 2016 HO3
JasonWW wrote:
FW3A Team wrote:
Indeed, it is.
It might be best to log out of the team account when you make posts in the thread so that people know who they are talking to. It will help to avoid confusion.

Indeed, it would be.

Quote:
Who is this right now, Fritz?

Care to guess again? Smile

I used the shared account there mostly just as a way of announcing that it exists… and then promptly changed back to my account.

Not planning to use the account much… I don’t think Fritz likes me messing with his underpants. But if I do need to post something, I’ll probably sign any future messages to avoid confusion.

JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 14 hours 48 min ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 11561
Location: Houston Texas

Hey, maybe you could copy and paste post #1854 into post #3. Then it would be easy to find that info and pictures. That’s what I would do if I was on the team.

Texas Ace Lumen Tube calibrated with Maukka lights

Click this to go to signature links.

808Hi
Online
Last seen: 9 min 48 sec ago
Joined: 01/21/2018 - 04:30
Posts: 274
Location: Hawaii

Please add me to your list.
Thank you

FlashMax
FlashMax's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 8 hours ago
Joined: 04/24/2017 - 15:09
Posts: 237
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina

Hi, I can´t find me on the list. anybody know if it is updated? thanks

Max

MascaratumB
MascaratumB's picture
Online
Last seen: 9 min 40 sec ago
Joined: 10/29/2016 - 12:12
Posts: 4076
Location: Portugal
FlashMax wrote:
Hi, I can´t find me on the list. anybody know if it is updated? thanks

Your name is on the list updated by pepinfaxera:
http://budgetlightforum.com/comment/1255477#comment-1255477

- #972

Thumbs Up

[REVIEWS] AMUTORCH: S3 / S3 vs 219c / AM30 / AX1 / VG10 /// SOFIRN: SF14 + SP10A / SP32A / SP10B /// NITEFOX: UT20 / ES10K / K3 /// ODEPRO: KL52 / B108 /// ACEBEAM: H20 / TK16 /// BLITZWOLF: BW-ET1 /// DQG: AA Slim Ti /// HC-LIGHTS: SS AAA /// XTAR: PB2 Charger /// OLIGHT: M2R Warrior /// WUBEN: TO10R / E05 / T70 / E10 /// ON THE ROAD: M1 / i3 / M3 Pro /// ROVYVON: A2 + A5R / E300S / A8 /// KLARUS: XT1C /// LUMINTOP: Tool AA V2.0 + Tool 25 /// LIVARNOLUX: 314791 /// SKILHUNT: M150

Tricks: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 /// TIR Lenses: 1 / 2 /// Others: Biscotti 3 + 1*7135 / Triple TIR w/ XP-G2 ///// My Collection ///// My Review's Blog (PT)

GIVEAWAY: 1

Pages