Convoy L2 camouflage green?

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
desmondkun
desmondkun's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 48 min ago
Joined: 12/11/2016 - 14:51
Posts: 344
Location: Thailand
Convoy L2 camouflage green?

Hi, guys
.

I ordered Convoy L2 camouflage green from gearbest https://m.gearbest.com/led-flashlights/pp_009413035493.html?wid=1433363 and got it today.
.
On the box it said camouflage green as ordered but inside is a desert tan L2.
.
I cantacted Gearbest. They told me to wait for not more than 2 days for their solution.
.
Still, I doubt if anyone has ever seen this camouflage greenL2?

Take care of your flashlight and your flashlight will take care of you.

Edited by: desmondkun on 04/18/2019 - 09:16
XXX-Man
XXX-Man's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 20 sec ago
Joined: 07/02/2016 - 04:50
Posts: 806
Location: Zagreb, Croatia

There is no camouflage green L2…

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied – chains us all, irrevocably."

My reviews:

Sofirn SF36 /// Thorfire VG10S /// Sofirn C8F /// Zanflare F1

desmondkun
desmondkun's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 48 min ago
Joined: 12/11/2016 - 14:51
Posts: 344
Location: Thailand

XXX-Man wrote:
There is no camouflage green L2…

Ah…yes, I should be more careful.
Hmmp Gearbest!! Evil

Take care of your flashlight and your flashlight will take care of you.

hIKARInoob
hIKARInoob's picture
Offline
Last seen: 44 min 53 sec ago
Joined: 08/28/2016 - 08:15
Posts: 4030

Maybe the 3000-3500K tint has a lot of camouflage green in it… Sick

desmondkun
desmondkun's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 48 min ago
Joined: 12/11/2016 - 14:51
Posts: 344
Location: Thailand

hIKARInoob wrote:
Maybe the 3000-3500K tint has a lot of camouflage green in it… Sick

lol That’s it.

Take care of your flashlight and your flashlight will take care of you.

HONDARIDER
HONDARIDER's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 21 hours ago
Joined: 04/22/2018 - 11:45
Posts: 903
Location: Hot Springs, Arkansas

I ordered the same thing. When I got mine it was the sand version. Contacted Simon at the Convoy store and he said he does not make a camo green version. Contacted Gearbest with my complaint and they gave me $10 back and I could keep the light. Now I have 2 sand color L2’s. They really should change the description.

desmondkun
desmondkun's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 48 min ago
Joined: 12/11/2016 - 14:51
Posts: 344
Location: Thailand

HONDARIDER wrote:
I ordered the same thing. When I got mine it was the sand version. Contacted Simon at the Convoy store and he said he does not make a camo green version. Contacted Gearbest with my complaint and they gave me $10 back and I could keep the light. Now I have 2 sand color L2’s. They really should change the description.

I really want more than 10$ compensation.

Take care of your flashlight and your flashlight will take care of you.

RobertB
RobertB's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 5 min ago
Joined: 12/18/2015 - 17:49
Posts: 3335
Location: USA, Michigan

It had to be someone at GB listing the item without actually looking at the flashlight. But if they had actually read Simon’s description instead of looking at his pictures, they would have listed desert tan. Simon’s picts look sort of mil green

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Desert-tan-Convoy-L2-CREE-XPL-HI-LED-Flashlight/330416_32873248395.html?spm=2114.12010612.8148356.19.73123bc04tQpDR

hIKARInoob
hIKARInoob's picture
Offline
Last seen: 44 min 53 sec ago
Joined: 08/28/2016 - 08:15
Posts: 4030
desmondkun wrote:
HONDARIDER wrote:
I ordered the same thing. When I got mine it was the sand version. Contacted Simon at the Convoy store and he said he does not make a camo green version. Contacted Gearbest with my complaint and they gave me $10 back and I could keep the light. Now I have 2 sand color L2’s. They really should change the description.
I really want more than 10$ compensation.

$10 plus 10 GB points!

XXX-Man
XXX-Man's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 20 sec ago
Joined: 07/02/2016 - 04:50
Posts: 806
Location: Zagreb, Croatia

GB has a way of listing items with wrong colors. I have seen it a lot on their site.

You have to be careful with them.

Sandy brown as actually desert tan
https://www.gearbest.com/led-flashlights/pp_724952.html?wid=1433363
They have pastel blue and dark slate grey for regular grey S2+, both flashlights are same color.
https://www.gearbest.com/led-flashlights/pp_44144.html?wid=1433363
https://www.gearbest.com/led-flashlights/pp_009727555844.html?wid=1433363

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied – chains us all, irrevocably."

My reviews:

Sofirn SF36 /// Thorfire VG10S /// Sofirn C8F /// Zanflare F1

desmondkun
desmondkun's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 48 min ago
Joined: 12/11/2016 - 14:51
Posts: 344
Location: Thailand

Case closed.
Gearbest persistantly told me that this convoy has camouglage green and desert tan color combined.lol
At first, they would give me 5$ refund but I asked for 15$. In the end they gave me 10$ refund. Hmm, not so bad.
I’m O.K. now. Thanks for fast support, Gearbest. I’ll still buy from you with more careful next time.lol

Take care of your flashlight and your flashlight will take care of you.

Paradise
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 3 days ago
Joined: 04/14/2019 - 08:27
Posts: 84

Just as an addition to the post above – there are different grey S2+‘s out there, the anodization may look more grey or blue depending on the batch! I have several “grey” S2+ and some look VERY blue while others are clearly grey.

So if an employee gets a batch at the warehouse to scan them into the system, they probably open the first 2-3 lights and take a look and decide which color it most likely resembles the most? Also, humans can have very different perceptions of color in general!

Omega_17
Offline
Last seen: 17 hours 13 min ago
Joined: 06/02/2013 - 16:56
Posts: 900
Location: France

Paradise wrote:
Just as an addition to the post above – there are different grey S2+‘s out there, the anodization may look more grey or blue depending on the batch! I have several “grey” S2+ and some look VERY blue while others are clearly grey.

So if an employee gets a batch at the warehouse to scan them into the system, they probably open the first 2-3 lights and take a look and decide which color it most likely resembles the most? Also, humans can have very different perceptions of color in general!

Exactly!

HONDARIDER
HONDARIDER's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 21 hours ago
Joined: 04/22/2018 - 11:45
Posts: 903
Location: Hot Springs, Arkansas

I actually got a C8+ once that favors green more so than tan. Almost a greyish green. Thought it was odd. Got 2 of them as host. Have not done anything with them. When the Gearbest listing came up I was sure it was the same color so I bought it. Needless to say it was 2 different color sands. I mean the tail cap was different from the body but they were both a shade of sand or desert tan, whatever you want to call it.