Gearbest.com and their insuranse - can they deny a refund because of this?

20 posts / 0 new
Last post
myhken
myhken's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 10 months ago
Joined: 07/03/2015 - 17:20
Posts: 549
Location: Norway
Gearbest.com and their insuranse - can they deny a refund because of this?

I have a order that I placed 20.July, and that was sent 25.July. It was sent without tracking number.
After 25.July, I have ordered and received over 30 packages from them. Most with tracking, some without.

I have now asked for a refund of the package in question. The value is $35.

They are now replying that they can just refund 50% since I did not use the insurance they offer when you pay.
Or they can reship the items, but then I have to pay 50% more ($17.5).

Do I need to go to paypal and open a dispute there? I don’t think they care about insurance or not. I have paid for the items and shipping, and the items never got here.

I have of course checked my local post office (it’s a small one) and they have looked at every package and letter they had. And I also have a deal with them, that I have had since the start of the year, that they do not send back items I have not picked up on time, since the mail man some times forget to put a notice in my mail box telling me that I have got a package. So the package has never been there.

Paypal dispute?

Kenneth Myhre

Muto
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 9 min ago
Joined: 09/04/2012 - 16:42
Posts: 2117
Location: Southeast, PA

And you will win..
Regardless of how any of these seller’s say it, it is their responsibility to Deliver the item you ordered to your door.
Even though they are not the shipper, you paid for an item and did not receive it. Where it is, is their problem, not your’s.
If they can not prove it landed at you shipping address, they must either Reship or Refund.

Ebay tells sellers this fact right out front and recommends the seller’s provide tracking and if high value, recommends Signature confirmation.
(I know this is not an ebay purchase but the paypal rules still apply)

Never pay 50% of anything nor 10% for that matter.
They are blowing smoke, trying to control costs, but that cost should not come your end.
I never buy insurance and never will.

If we still have a Gearbest rep here on the forum, they will probably clear this up for you.
Thanks and good luck,
Keith

After the Apocalypse there will be only 2 things left alive, Cockroaches and Keith Richards
..

Big Sky Country
..

No matter where you go, there you are.

myhken
myhken's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 10 months ago
Joined: 07/03/2015 - 17:20
Posts: 549
Location: Norway

Muto wrote:
And you will win..

If we still have a Gearbest rep here on the forum, they will probably clear this up for you.
Thanks and good luck,
Keith

It’s the Gearbest rep that told me that after checking out my case. So I don’t think the rep. will clear any thing up. Since she told me to either take 50% refund or pay $17.5 more to get it reshipped.

Kenneth Myhre

CSgearbest
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 1 week ago
Joined: 05/27/2014 - 02:21
Posts: 318
Location: Shenzhen

myhken wrote:
I have a order that I placed 20.July, and that was sent 25.July. It was sent without tracking number.
After 25.July, I have ordered and received over 30 packages from them. Most with tracking, some without.

I have now asked for a refund of the package in question. The value is $35.

They are now replying that they can just refund 50% since I did not use the insurance they offer when you pay.
Or they can reship the items, but then I have to pay 50% more ($17.5).

Do I need to go to paypal and open a dispute there? I don’t think they care about insurance or not. I have paid for the items and shipping, and the items never got here.

I have of course checked my local post office (it’s a small one) and they have looked at every package and letter they had. And I also have a deal with them, that I have had since the start of the year, that they do not send back items I have not picked up on time, since the mail man some times forget to put a notice in my mail box telling me that I have got a package. So the package has never been there.

Paypal dispute?

Hi myhken,

I am very sorry to hear about this situation.

I have PMed you and offer the solution, could you please check it?

We wish to apologize for any inconvenience caused and hope to hear from you.

Best Regards
Gina
Gearbest Customer Service
http://www.gearbest.com/

Please feel free to contact GearBest Customer Service http://support.gearbest.com/

out of the office from Feb 5th to Feb 14th, 2016.

myhken
myhken's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 10 months ago
Joined: 07/03/2015 - 17:20
Posts: 549
Location: Norway

CSgearbest wrote:

Hi myhken,

I am very sorry to hear about this situation.

I have PMed you and offer the solution, could you please check it?

We wish to apologize for any inconvenience caused and hope to hear from you.

Best Regards
Gina
Gearbest Customer Service
http://www.gearbest.com/

I have seen your PM and I will accept. This should of course have been the first solution you offered, since you know paypal will not accept the insurance bs. I rest my case.

Kenneth Myhre

itsonlyme
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 02/21/2015 - 10:05
Posts: 574
Location: Uk

Kenneth, you must be one of the unluckiest buyers on BLF

keithd
keithd's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 56 min ago
Joined: 04/12/2014 - 00:35
Posts: 790

I wonder if it’s the same at Banggood.

I ordered a TM16 on 13 Aug, still not here. It’s supposedly been at Chicago since 31 Aug, have not yet seen it. I’m not 100% worried, but the BLF A6s I ordered two weeks later have already showed up.

It might be that I just need to be a little more patient.

myhken
myhken's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 10 months ago
Joined: 07/03/2015 - 17:20
Posts: 549
Location: Norway
itsonlyme wrote:
Kenneth, you must be one of the unluckiest buyers on BLF

When you buy allot, thing happens. The % of errors with my orders is not very high when you look at it compared with the numbers of orders I have placed since 1.July to now. And when you compare to the numbers of products in all the orders, the % of errors get even less. In around 200 orders total from all stores/sellers I have got more then 1000 items total.

So a handful of errors on 1000 items, not so bad at all.

I think it would have been worse if I just had ordered a couple of orders/items this year, and it was some issue with just one of them. Thats a 50% error rate.

I bet there is very few people on BLF that have ordered 200 orders and 1000 items from 1.July to now.

Kenneth Myhre

snakebite
snakebite's picture
Offline
Last seen: 14 hours 42 min ago
Joined: 11/20/2013 - 20:21
Posts: 1846
Location: dayton oh

yes it seems Myhken has really bad luck.but order enough from ANY PLACE and you will have a problem.
even from places like digikey.even with robotic order picking there is plenty to go wrong.i have gotten an order of 1000uf 35v caps that contained 300+ mixed caps of the same brand/series all 1000uf but different voltages.my rep got a good laugh out of that one.then overnighted the correct parts.

Chicken Drumstick
Offline
Last seen: 17 hours 27 min ago
Joined: 08/27/2012 - 05:00
Posts: 2389
Location: UK

myhken wrote:
Muto wrote:
And you will win..

If we still have a Gearbest rep here on the forum, they will probably clear this up for you.
Thanks and good luck,
Keith

It’s the Gearbest rep that told me that after checking out my case. So I don’t think the rep. will clear any thing up. Since she told me to either take 50% refund or pay $17.5 more to get it reshipped.


Don’t waste your time, if they can’t resolve it without messing you about, then probably won’t.

Give them a chance first, which you obviously have. They have responded by not caring.

Go file a PP dispute and get your money back. And just re-order the items fresh.

Chinese companies need to learn how to do business and that such tactics are not acceptable. Getting PP to penalise them is probably the best way. And it will resolve it in your favour.

beaconterraone
beaconterraone's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 5 days ago
Joined: 08/24/2015 - 19:10
Posts: 157
Location: Mendocino County, California

I love how sellers try to pass the insurance buck off to the customer. Insurance doesn’t cover the customer – it covers the seller!

Pay by credit card: no confirmation of delivery = refund

Pay by PayPal: no confirmation of delivery = refund

Only with no recourse payments (wire transfer, check/money order, cash) is a seller free to say “too bad, so sad” if it doesn’t arrive.

Ray-o-light
Ray-o-light's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 8 months ago
Joined: 09/15/2012 - 17:09
Posts: 415
Location: San Diego

I learned that if something goes wrong, GearBest will try to screw you over at every turn until confronted with a PayPal or credit card dispute! If my orders don’t show up in a timely fashion (say 45 calendar days), I’ll file a PayPal dispute immediately. Customer service? What a joke.

Hey Babe, check out my new light!!

BLightSam
Offline
Last seen: 11 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 11/13/2012 - 03:08
Posts: 1559
Location: USA

beaconterraone wrote:
I love how sellers try to pass the insurance buck off to the customer. Insurance doesn’t cover the customer – it covers the seller!

Pay by credit card: no confirmation of delivery = refund

Pay by PayPal: no confirmation of delivery = refund

Only with no recourse payments (wire transfer, check/money order, cash) is a seller free to say “too bad, so sad” if it doesn’t arrive.

Good to know w/ catchy phrase!
Sinabac
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 1 week ago
Joined: 11/29/2017 - 12:40
Posts: 1
Location: Braga

I have the same problem, i order one smartphone and it was lost by the shipment company.
Gearbest say that can t refund me or send me another because i don t have insurance so they offer me 50% of the value.
I paid with paypal so i will open dispute. I want full refund or another one.

mortuus
mortuus's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 37 min ago
Joined: 12/16/2014 - 09:33
Posts: 2198
Location: Sweden
Ray-o-light wrote:
I learned that if something goes wrong, GearBest will try to screw you over at every turn until confronted with a PayPal or credit card dispute! If my orders don’t show up in a timely fashion (say 45 calendar days), I’ll file a PayPal dispute immediately. Customer service? What a joke.

this goes for all those sites, banggood, fasttech etc….. with paypal u are always covered insurance paid or not doesnt matter..

...where Frugal meets with Flashlight!

Phlogiston
Phlogiston's picture
Offline
Last seen: 16 hours 53 min ago
Joined: 10/27/2016 - 16:57
Posts: 890
Location: Scotland

I normally insist on a refund in cases like this. If I still want the item from that seller, I place a completely new order after I have my money back.

Accepting a resend is fine if you trust your seller, but the dodgy ones will claim to resend without ever actually sending anything. They basically try to run down the clock until your Paypal / credit card refund period expires, and then you’re left with no recourse.

Itsme
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 2 days ago
Joined: 07/18/2017 - 00:47
Posts: 516
Location: Canada

I was recently screwed over by gearbest and will never order from them again. They have lost a good customer. Banggoods gain!

Sciencetists
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 2 weeks ago
Joined: 10/27/2015 - 03:31
Posts: 107
Location: Canada

It’s even worse because as you said you placed some 30 other orders with them after that one. You would think that any customer service rep would look at your account, see that you have been placing tons or orders and that you generally don’t complain, and would be jumping to make it right. Why would you piss off a customer who is so regularly ordering from you.

I’ve had this with banggood as well. I think they contract out their front line customer support, and the best you will get from them is a canned response offering you a couple of dollars off, because the first people you speak with are not authorized to offer you any more than that. Really frustrating when you have a legitimate problem and would like it taken care of without an argument.

Beb38138
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 10 months ago
Joined: 01/22/2018 - 10:11
Posts: 1
Location: United States

Gearbest has shipped me the wrong 3d printer twice in a row. I have lost alot of money and time, and now they offer to let me keep the wrong item and give me a partial refund. Unacceptable private

Jiffy
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 4 weeks ago
Joined: 12/28/2017 - 18:46
Posts: 87
Location: Scotland

I bought a really neat little tablet stand from Gearbest for only $1. It took a while to arrive (Christmas and New Year didn’t help) but it arrived no problem. The real surprise for me was this $1 item had full tracking as it made it’s way by land from China through Kazakhstan, Russia, Belarus, etc all the way to the UK!

Why does a $1 item have such good tracking but more expensive items can have none?