[2017-07-08] Maintenance finished

19 posts / 0 new
Last post
sb56637
sb56637's picture
Offline
Last seen: 19 hours 32 min ago
Joined: 01/08/2010 - 09:29
Posts: 5864
Location: The Light
[2017-07-08] Maintenance finished

QUICK MESSAGE:

Hi everyone, the site will be offline for brief routine maintenance, starting at the top of the hour (17h00 GMT). Sorry for the inconvenience!

 

Done! Thanks for your patience.

Budget Light Forum ...where Frugal meets with Flashlight!

Edited by: sb56637 on 07/08/2017 - 12:22
djozz
djozz's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 38 min ago
Joined: 09/07/2012 - 17:04
Posts: 10226
Location: Amsterdam

Did I miss that? It is 16h32 GMT now

sb56637
sb56637's picture
Offline
Last seen: 19 hours 32 min ago
Joined: 01/08/2010 - 09:29
Posts: 5864
Location: The Light
djozz wrote:
Did I miss that? It is 16h32 GMT now

Errr, make that 17h00 GMT. Silly I had no idea they adjusted it for daylight savings time.

Budget Light Forum ...where Frugal meets with Flashlight!

Enderman
Enderman's picture
Offline
Last seen: 12 hours 57 min ago
Joined: 11/03/2016 - 22:42
Posts: 1630
Location: Vancouver, Canada

What software is the forum on?

Hey, how are you? :)

sb56637
sb56637's picture
Offline
Last seen: 19 hours 32 min ago
Joined: 01/08/2010 - 09:29
Posts: 5864
Location: The Light

Enderman wrote:
What software is the forum on?

Drupal 7.

Budget Light Forum ...where Frugal meets with Flashlight!

Enderman
Enderman's picture
Offline
Last seen: 12 hours 57 min ago
Joined: 11/03/2016 - 22:42
Posts: 1630
Location: Vancouver, Canada

sb56637 wrote:
Enderman wrote:
What software is the forum on?

Drupal 7.

Cool.
I was gonna suggest migrating to ipboard since there’s a ton of features we don’t have currently, but you can’t really compare them since one is free and the other is paid…
Probably not worth it for such a small community.

Hey, how are you? :)

The Miller
The Miller's picture
Offline
Last seen: 28 min 10 sec ago
Joined: 12/14/2015 - 12:08
Posts: 7977
Location: Charente France

Didn’t notice anything, nice
Thanks SB!

FlashPilot
FlashPilot's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 14 hours ago
Joined: 05/10/2010 - 16:07
Posts: 4397
Location: USA

A quick message from “you know who”….

“Gawd, how I still hate BLF for hijacking all my members. I was hoping you’d crash your software permanently this time, and eliminate my greatest competition!”

“PS – pic was taken when I was an athletic, slender, young hottie!”

snakebite
snakebite's picture
Offline
Last seen: 22 hours 5 min ago
Joined: 11/20/2013 - 20:21
Posts: 1510
Location: dayton oh

noticed posts in the latest posts column but not in that forum.
some sort of database glitch?the latest link gets you to the post but its not in the list in that forum.

sb56637
sb56637's picture
Offline
Last seen: 19 hours 32 min ago
Joined: 01/08/2010 - 09:29
Posts: 5864
Location: The Light
snakebite wrote:
noticed posts in the latest posts column but not in that forum. some sort of database glitch?the latest link gets you to the post but its not in the list in that forum.

Hmm, could you give me an example please?

Budget Light Forum ...where Frugal meets with Flashlight!

snakebite
snakebite's picture
Offline
Last seen: 22 hours 5 min ago
Joined: 11/20/2013 - 20:21
Posts: 1510
Location: dayton oh

the crap flashlights post in off topic.
but it seems to have caught up now.

sb56637
sb56637's picture
Offline
Last seen: 19 hours 32 min ago
Joined: 01/08/2010 - 09:29
Posts: 5864
Location: The Light
snakebite wrote:
the crap flashlights post in off topic. but it seems to have caught up now.

OK, thanks. Please let me know right away if you see any other oddities.

Budget Light Forum ...where Frugal meets with Flashlight!

everydaysurvivalgear
everydaysurvivalgear's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 28 min ago
Joined: 07/31/2015 - 10:25
Posts: 2323
Location: sydney australia (GMT+10)

Hey Sb its probably just me. I have been trying to use the advanced post editor but i cant seem to add pics? I tried all the options that Flickr let me use. Like if i add pics from the simple post editor then to go advance it works but muddles the page up.
Then when i go back to basic its stuffed lol. Like i cant work out what is what.

I only tried advanced because the bold and columns selection where acting funny in the simple post editor.

sb56637
sb56637's picture
Offline
Last seen: 19 hours 32 min ago
Joined: 01/08/2010 - 09:29
Posts: 5864
Location: The Light

everydaysurvivalgear wrote:
Hey Sb its probably just me. I have been trying to use the advanced post editor but i cant seem to add pics? I tried all the options that Flickr let me use. Like if i add pics from the simple post editor then to go advance it works but muddles the page up. Then when i go back to basic its stuffed lol. Like i cant work out what is what. I only tried advanced because the bold and columns selection where acting funny in the simple post editor.

Hi there, it looks like Flickr tries to make it fairly difficult to link to their photos, but it is possible. The thing is that the picture URL must end in a picture format, such as .png  .jpg or something similar. For example, this URL:

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4225/35127972471_d6e63caee9_k.jpg

 

Budget Light Forum ...where Frugal meets with Flashlight!

Enderman
Enderman's picture
Offline
Last seen: 12 hours 57 min ago
Joined: 11/03/2016 - 22:42
Posts: 1630
Location: Vancouver, Canada

I also noticed that links with exclamation marks or some other non-letter characters (like !#)(*&$*^@%) will get broken when try to paste as a link or as an image.
As if the forum thinks the link ended somewhere in the middle when there is still more.

Hey, how are you? :)

sb56637
sb56637's picture
Offline
Last seen: 19 hours 32 min ago
Joined: 01/08/2010 - 09:29
Posts: 5864
Location: The Light
Enderman wrote:
I also noticed that links with exclamation marks or some other non-letter characters (like !#)(*&$*^@%) will get broken when try to paste as a link or as an image. As if the forum thinks the link ended somewhere in the middle when there is still more.

Yes, if that happens please switch the post to the Advanced Post Editor.

Budget Light Forum ...where Frugal meets with Flashlight!

Enderman
Enderman's picture
Offline
Last seen: 12 hours 57 min ago
Joined: 11/03/2016 - 22:42
Posts: 1630
Location: Vancouver, Canada

sb56637 wrote:

Yes, if that happens please switch the post to the Advanced Post Editor.


I see, thanks.

Hey, how are you? :)

snakebite
snakebite's picture
Offline
Last seen: 22 hours 5 min ago
Joined: 11/20/2013 - 20:21
Posts: 1510
Location: dayton oh

just noticed another anomaly.
posted an update to the polished turds thread in led lanterns.
post is there but didnt update.it would be the newest post in led lanterns but does not show.
its there if i look.like a lag in updating things.

sb56637
sb56637's picture
Offline
Last seen: 19 hours 32 min ago
Joined: 01/08/2010 - 09:29
Posts: 5864
Location: The Light
snakebite wrote:
just noticed another anomaly. posted an update to the polished turds thread in led lanterns. post is there but didnt update.it would be the newest post in led lanterns but does not show. its there if i look.like a lag in updating things.

Thanks snakebite for the report. I think I have things tweaked a bit better now.

Note that the slight delay that you were seeing was only happening when you navigated BLF while logged out. What happens is that some pages are cached for users that are not logged in.

Budget Light Forum ...where Frugal meets with Flashlight!