Convoy S2+ 18350 question

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Venice
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 9 min ago
Joined: 07/02/2017 - 15:19
Posts: 13
Location: South Gulf Coast Florida
Convoy S2+ 18350 question

Getting ready to buy my first Convoy. Looking at the S2+ 18350 but would like some help with battery choice. I wad thinking about a Efest IMR purple but thought I read somewhere that they were a tight fit. Also, as somewhat new to the hobby, not sure about the button top thing. Does it matter?
Thanks.

Edited by: Venice on 10/12/2017 - 10:41
Ice
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 57 min ago
Joined: 07/13/2011 - 07:04
Posts: 94

I’d probably set an aspire 18350.
RMM /Mountain electronics has them, I think they have more capacity and are about the same price .If it’s not an fet driver.pocket rocket I wouldn’t run an efest

Venice
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 9 min ago
Joined: 07/02/2017 - 15:19
Posts: 13
Location: South Gulf Coast Florida

Ice wrote:
I’d probably set an aspire 18350.
RMM /Mountain electronics has them, I think they have more capacity and are about the same price .If it’s not an fet driver.pocket rocket I wouldn’t run an efest

Thank you.
Does the button thing matter?
mortuus
mortuus's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 7 min ago
Joined: 12/16/2014 - 09:33
Posts: 162
Location: Sweden

Why not just buy the convoy that takes 1 18650 instead? the battery lasts longer.

Pete7874
Pete7874's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 22 min ago
Joined: 11/23/2011 - 16:47
Posts: 694
Location: USA

Venice wrote:

Does the button thing matter?

It does not matter. Convoy S2+ has a spring near the head, which means both flat top and button top batteries will work.

Is there a particular reason you want the 18350 version of S2+?

Venice
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 9 min ago
Joined: 07/02/2017 - 15:19
Posts: 13
Location: South Gulf Coast Florida

Pete7874][quote=Venice wrote:

Is there a particular reason you want the 18350 version of S2+?

Not really. Just think it is cute. Don’t even need it
Pete7874
Pete7874's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 22 min ago
Joined: 11/23/2011 - 16:47
Posts: 694
Location: USA

Venice][quote=Pete7874 wrote:
Venice wrote:

Is there a particular reason you want the 18350 version of S2+?

Not really. Just think it is cute. Don’t even need it

I hear ya. I’m itching to get an 18350 tube for my S2+ DT as well, just to have an excuse to buy some Aspire 18350 cells. Smile