[Group Buy] Sofirn SP31 V2.0 in US ENDS

67 posts / 0 new
Last post

Pages

Sofirn
Sofirn's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 10 min ago
Joined: 04/06/2017 - 04:22
Posts: 157
Location: Shenzhen, China
[Group Buy] Sofirn SP31 V2.0 in US ENDS

Hey BLFers,

 [UPDATE] It's a pity not enough interests for SP31 V2.0 Group Buy. It ends now. Thank you for your time!

 

Price will be $17.5 for SP31 V2.0 Light Only, $23 for SP31 V2.0 Kit, if 50≤ interest ≤100

 

Leave comment if you are interested, for example: interested, kit. Then we will PM you the code to purchase when interests reach the level.

Sorry that it's only for US this time

Interest List:

1.Nguyen
2.Brainsick67
3.Klotski
4.emptypocket
5.mgracia85

6.cyclops

7.Tc418
8.HONDARIDER
9.jimmymke
10.Gizzy
11.mkdive
12.Bubbicus
13.TexasToasted
14.Steeldog

 

 

Sofirn is owned by a factory, contact us for any lights you wanna make or contact to be a dealer.

Sofirn Flashlight Deals Group

AMAZON US Store

Authorized AMAZON DE Store

Aliexpress Worldwide Store

Thailand Shopee Store 

Malaysia Shopee Store

Edited by: Sofirn on 11/07/2018 - 00:39
yasenf
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 43 min ago
Joined: 02/10/2017 - 14:33
Posts: 187
Location: Bulgaria

Hi, and Amazon is only covering part of the interested people, the rest of us use Aliexpress Smile

Lightbringer
Lightbringer's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 53 min ago
Joined: 08/30/2016 - 14:12
Posts: 6094
Location: nyc

Tom Tom wrote:
Hi Tracy, I think that you may have got the pricing wrong.

I don’t know anything about this torch, perhaps it is very good, but maybe you should think about reducing the price by 25%. Delivered. If you can do that. It seems expensive.

That seems to be what entitled Westerners expect to pay, then complain that it took a couple of weeks to deliver.

Then moan about the process. And also moan that their government has somehow been ripped-off (they know exactly what they are doing).


Always with the negative waves…

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

Tom Tom
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 13 min ago
Joined: 09/10/2017 - 08:30
Posts: 897
Lightbringer wrote:
Always with the negative waves…

So you will be spending $30 for one of these, and loving it ?

Really ?

If so, put you’re money where your mouth is.

Tracy asked for advice, I gave my own spin on it. That’s all. It is a complicated situation at the moment.

She doesn’t have to listen to a word that I say, neither do you.

I can be very positive, but it’s difficult in the current climate. I hope something changes. Soon.

And I do want to see affordable, high quality, reasonably well developed, up-to-date, torches, continue to be available.

Edit: but it’s just that we have seen an almighty amount of crud offered in past months (no, not from Sofirn necessarily) but really, surely you have noticed ?

Lightbringer
Lightbringer's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 53 min ago
Joined: 08/30/2016 - 14:12
Posts: 6094
Location: nyc

The first two paragraphs that I quoted would have been sufficient, but then you continued on to the subsequent two.

I had a SP31, got 3 (or is it 4?) SP32v2s, am probably gonna grab the new C8F (or 2), so my “need” for another ’31 might not be there.

But a simple “Nice, but it may still be a bit too pricey… can you drop it by even 25% to make it really enticing?” would’ve been perfect.

“It ain’t what you say, but how you say it.”

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

BlueSwordM
BlueSwordM's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 26 min ago
Joined: 11/29/2017 - 12:34
Posts: 2019
Location: Canada

+1

BTW, guys, the driver and LED of the Sofirn SP33 has been changed to a boost driver and a 6V XHP50.2.

Looks like Sofirn is trying to use buck or boost converters in all of their lights, which I prefer over linear drivers.

Lightbringer
Lightbringer's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 53 min ago
Joined: 08/30/2016 - 14:12
Posts: 6094
Location: nyc
Lightbringer wrote:
I had a SP31, got 3 (or is it 4?) SP32v2s…

4: 1 blk, 2 gld, 1 slv.

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

Nguyen
Nguyen's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 36 min ago
Joined: 09/26/2014 - 14:50
Posts: 260
Location: Honolulu

In for two Kits for SURE!!!! Amazon USA

THANK YOU

Lux-Perpetua
Lux-Perpetua's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 11 min ago
Joined: 03/01/2018 - 04:39
Posts: 715
Location: Germany
Lightbringer wrote:
[…] “It ain’t what you say, but how you say it.”

You took the words right out of my mouth! Thumbs Up

Even though I concur with Tom Tom’s opinion about the slightly high price (and just the price!) I prefer some kind of “positive attitude” towards sellers and manufactures that offer something for us here. Even I often have to moan a lot about flashlights, their weak drivers or horrible tint shifts. However, at least I try to wrap my criticism into some benevolent words, always with the ambition for improvement suggestions towards the manufacturer.

I personally think that Sofirn is one of the rare flashlight manufacturers here who really care about the “voice of BLF”, i.e. they are interested into collaborations like the SP70 or the little AAA twisty light they took care of. They recently pleased (and still do) a lot of us with a great bargain about their Q8. So far, I never saw some retailer/manufacturer ask “What price do you think is good as group buy price?”. To my mind, this deserves some kind of respect instead of blaming the whole world for what is today as well as filling answers with prejudice, especially when someone says he does not know anything about this flashlight.

Brainsick67
Brainsick67's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 18 min ago
Joined: 06/09/2018 - 18:53
Posts: 237
Location: United States

I would be in for another SP31 V2, i would like to see a GB price of $22.99 for the Kit, and 15.99 for just the Light itself.

Sillen
Sillen's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 29 min ago
Joined: 08/01/2018 - 06:39
Posts: 331
Location: Melbourne, Australia

BlueSwordM wrote:
+1

BTW, guys, the driver and LED of the Sofirn SP33 has been changed to a boost driver and a 6V XHP50.2.

Looks like Sofirn is trying to use buck or boost converters in all of their lights, which I prefer over linear drivers.


Saw this the other night and ordered, 2500 lumen they say
Barry0892
Barry0892's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 5 hours ago
Joined: 09/20/2014 - 03:45
Posts: 37

Not Enough Great Lights

Not in ThorFire Team since June

Lightbringer
Lightbringer's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 53 min ago
Joined: 08/30/2016 - 14:12
Posts: 6094
Location: nyc

Sillen wrote:
BlueSwordM wrote:
BTW, guys, the driver and LED of the Sofirn SP33 has been changed to a boost driver and a 6V XHP50.2.

Looks like Sofirn is trying to use buck or boost converters in all of their lights, which I prefer over linear drivers.


Saw this the other night and ordered, 2500 lumen they say

I think I got one of the older ones, but… Love

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

shirnask
Offline
Last seen: 47 min 7 sec ago
Joined: 03/21/2016 - 23:58
Posts: 580
Location: Louisiana

Vaguely insulting and asking for free stuff at the same time. …….. does that really work?

Klotski
Klotski's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 34 min ago
Joined: 08/20/2017 - 23:03
Posts: 152
Location: USA Minnesota

Interested light only

eas
eas's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 23 min ago
Joined: 07/14/2014 - 18:53
Posts: 1256
Location: PNW

Wow. The SP33 upgrade sounds good, expecially for $24. Very tempting. We’ll see how long I can resist.

If I’m understanding the new UI, it sounds good.

shirnask wrote:
Vaguely insulting and asking for free stuff at the same time. …….. does that really work?

Probably more often than we’d like to believe.

This non-political signature is not non-political.

Sillen
Sillen's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 29 min ago
Joined: 08/01/2018 - 06:39
Posts: 331
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Sofirn wrote:
Sorry that it’s only for US this time

That’s a shame. A fan of your products. I’ve purchased SF10, SP10A, SF12, SF14 and 2x Q8. The SP33 is in transit and SF11 on back order. What and when will there be a special for down under?
Brainsick67
Brainsick67's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 18 min ago
Joined: 06/09/2018 - 18:53
Posts: 237
Location: United States

Great prices.. im in for 1 kit

Tom Tom
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 13 min ago
Joined: 09/10/2017 - 08:30
Posts: 897
Lux-Perpetua wrote:
Lightbringer wrote:
[…] “It ain’t what you say, but how you say it.”

You took the words right out of my mouth! Thumbs Up

It’s a multi faceted issue.

Particularly the question of manufacturers offering their own “group buys” as, basically, a marketing ploy.

Quite different from the days when BLF expert teams designed and commissioned these things.

The Q8 was I think the last great example. Perhaps the FW3A might be another.

Meanwhile there has been a dilution where electronic hardware and firmware designs are commissioned from a few experts on a commercial basis, to good effect, but at least there is usually no hypocrisy about calling them self-declared “BLF Special Editions”. They stand on their own merits.

There is also the concept of speaking plainly, which I have found very rare in the US, and completely absent in Japan. Being mealy-mouthed for fear of causing any offence gets no-one anywhere.

I have found that Chinese do respect frank discussion, and listen.

emptypocket
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 40 min ago
Joined: 10/10/2018 - 17:54
Posts: 28

Interested in the kit. Thanks.

shirnask
Offline
Last seen: 47 min 7 sec ago
Joined: 03/21/2016 - 23:58
Posts: 580
Location: Louisiana

Lightbringer wrote:
Tom Tom wrote:
Hi Tracy, I think that you may have got the pricing wrong.

I don’t know anything about this torch, perhaps it is very good, but maybe you should think about reducing the price by 25%. Delivered. If you can do that. It seems expensive.

That seems to be what entitled Westerners expect to pay, then complain that it took a couple of weeks to deliver.

Then moan about the process. And also moan that their government has somehow been ripped-off (they know exactly what they are doing).


Always with the negative waves…

Love the “Oddball” quote – it’s perfect – still smiling about it a day later – really enjoy the wit and humor you bring to this forum even though it’s lost on some here.

Will be watching the movie again later today Big Smile

mgracia85
Offline
Last seen: 14 hours 39 min ago
Joined: 12/01/2017 - 18:35
Posts: 46
Location: Texas

interested, 1 kit

cccpull
cccpull's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 6 min ago
Joined: 01/10/2010 - 15:34
Posts: 244
Location: Florida, USA

eas wrote:
Wow. The SP33 upgrade sounds good, expecially for $24. Very tempting. We’ll see how long I can resist.

If I’m understanding the new UI, it sounds good.

Where?

toddcshoe
toddcshoe's picture
Offline
Last seen: 21 min 43 sec ago
Joined: 01/24/2018 - 23:49
Posts: 1054
Location: Foley, MO

cccpull wrote:
eas wrote:
Wow. The SP33 upgrade sounds good, expecially for $24. Very tempting. We’ll see how long I can resist.

If I’m understanding the new UI, it sounds good.

Where?

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Sofirn-SP33-LED-Flashlight-1865...

cccpull
cccpull's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 6 min ago
Joined: 01/10/2010 - 15:34
Posts: 244
Location: Florida, USA

toddcshoe wrote:
cccpull wrote:
eas wrote:
Wow. The SP33 upgrade sounds good, expecially for $24. Very tempting. We’ll see how long I can resist.

If I’m understanding the new UI, it sounds good.

Where?

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Sofirn-SP33-LED-Flashlight-1865...

Thanks! Thumbs Up Couldn’t find it in Amazon.

cyclops
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 4 min ago
Joined: 01/17/2013 - 16:33
Posts: 79
Location: USA

How is this different than the SP32A V2.0?

Sofirn
Sofirn's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 10 min ago
Joined: 04/06/2017 - 04:22
Posts: 157
Location: Shenzhen, China
Sillen wrote:
Sofirn wrote:
Sorry that it’s only for US this time
That’s a shame. A fan of your products. I’ve purchased SF10, SP10A, SF12, SF14 and 2x Q8. The SP33 is in transit and SF11 on back order. What and when will there be a special for down under?

I believe you purchased from aliexpress store, prices are already good there, but also offers deal prices. Please keep an eye on our aliexpress store, especially for 11.11 day (double eleven deal Day)

Sofirn is owned by a factory, contact us for any lights you wanna make or contact to be a dealer.

Sofirn Flashlight Deals Group

AMAZON US Store

Authorized AMAZON DE Store

Aliexpress Worldwide Store

Thailand Shopee Store 

Malaysia Shopee Store

Sofirn
Sofirn's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 10 min ago
Joined: 04/06/2017 - 04:22
Posts: 157
Location: Shenzhen, China
cyclops wrote:
How is this different than the SP32A V2.0?

SP31 V2.0:
XPL HI;
Tactical switch + side switch with led indicator;
Eco: 5Lumens
Low: 50Lumens
Mid: 160Lumens
High: 500Lumens
Turbo: 1200Lumens

SP32A V2.0
XPL2
side switch with led indicator
Two light Groups:
Group 1—-multi-modes: ECO(5lm) / Low (50lm) / Med (160lm) / High (500lm); double clicks for Turbo(1300 lm); Triple click for Strobe (1300lm)
Group 2—-Ramping: from 5 lumen to 1300 lumen; double click for Turbo (1300lm); Triple click for Strobe (1300lm)

Sofirn is owned by a factory, contact us for any lights you wanna make or contact to be a dealer.

Sofirn Flashlight Deals Group

AMAZON US Store

Authorized AMAZON DE Store

Aliexpress Worldwide Store

Thailand Shopee Store 

Malaysia Shopee Store

cyclops
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 4 min ago
Joined: 01/17/2013 - 16:33
Posts: 79
Location: USA

Thanks. So SP31 will have better throw and a tail switch.

I’m interested in one light and 1 kit.

SKV89
Offline
Last seen: 17 min 40 sec ago
Joined: 12/10/2017 - 12:46
Posts: 1735
Location: US

I love the SP31 original. I put a 219B 4000k 9080 in there and it is an amazing EDC. Glad the SP31 v2 improved the UI by making go from L>M>H>L instead of >M>H>M>L. Is the tail standing ability fixed in this current SP31 v2? If so, I will buy another one too.

I’m more interested in the SP30A though, which has the same UI but with USB charging. One thing I don’t really like is the automatic step down from Turbo to High in 3 minutes and from High to Medium in 30 minutes. As long as we have Active Temperature Regulation, I don’t feel the timed stepdown is necessary and it ruins the ability to use the light for room lighting or as a work light.

Barry0892
Barry0892's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 5 hours ago
Joined: 09/20/2014 - 03:45
Posts: 37

SKV89 wrote:
I love the SP31 original. I put a 219B 4000k 9080 in there and it is an amazing EDC. Glad the SP31 v2 improved the UI by making go from L>M>H>L instead of >M>H>M>L. Is the tail standing ability fixed in this current SP31 v2? If so, I will buy another one too.

I’m more interested in the SP30A though, which has the same UI but with USB charging. One thing I don’t really like is the automatic step down from Turbo to High in 3 minutes and from High to Medium in 30 minutes. As long as we have Active Temperature Regulation, I don’t feel the timed stepdown is necessary and it ruins the ability to use the light for room lighting or as a work light.

SP30A need to be redesigned. SP31 V2.0 can stand by tail ( but not steady ) with light on. New batch will mix it.

Not Enough Great Lights

Not in ThorFire Team since June

Pages