Any photo will do thread (or video or idea/topic, even flashlights !! ) during the Oct. 1 to 7th National Holiday lull

67 posts / 0 new
Last post

Pages

tatasal
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 52 min ago
Joined: 02/15/2012 - 08:40
Posts: 5185
Location: Far East
Any photo will do thread (or video or idea/topic, even flashlights !! ) during the Oct. 1 to 7th National Holiday lull

Edit: September 30, 2019… It will be a week-long holiday in China Oct, 1 to 7… it’s their 70th National Holiday…one of the biggest events in China

When you have nothing to do, post it here! … and with the fast coming Chinese New Year on the 5th of February this year, BLF will again be a ‘ghost town’ (with regards to online shipping from China).

Just today I passed this aerodynamic with plenty of down force contraption, yet comfortable too!

Edited by: tatasal on 09/30/2019 - 07:17
Zulumoose
Zulumoose's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 1 day ago
Joined: 04/13/2017 - 09:25
Posts: 859
Location: South Africa

Now if that were a solar panel on an E-bike, it might do not much more than make up for its own drag on the road, but used for daily commuting parked with the lean of the bike towards the sun it would maybe sustain itself.

80W panel, 5 or 6 hours sunlight, 400-500 free Watt-hours available for daily commute, say 300W average output for 45 minutes each way. You certainly wouldn’t need to top up much from your outlet at home if you live close to work.

Beam me up!

tatasal
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 52 min ago
Joined: 02/15/2012 - 08:40
Posts: 5185
Location: Far East

Zulumoose wrote:
Now if that were a solar panel on an E-bike, it might do not much more than make up for its own drag on the road, but used for daily commuting parked with the lean of the bike towards the sun it would maybe sustain itself.

80W panel, 5 or 6 hours sunlight, 400-500 free Watt-hours available for daily commute, say 300W average output for 45 minutes each way. You certainly wouldn’t need to top up much from your outlet at home if you live close to work.

Hmmmm…it’s actually a brilliant idea Zulumoose.

tatasal
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 52 min ago
Joined: 02/15/2012 - 08:40
Posts: 5185
Location: Far East

Oh, I love this ‘anger’ translator: (on his upcoming Welterweight title fight with Broner, and perhaps Floyd Mayweather)

raccoon city
raccoon city's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 10 min ago
Joined: 10/06/2010 - 02:35
Posts: 13178
Location: रॅकून सिटी Palm Desert CA USA

That's pretty funny!

You might want to add:

NSFW

tatasal
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 52 min ago
Joined: 02/15/2012 - 08:40
Posts: 5185
Location: Far East

Now that the 2019 Chinese New Year week-long celebrations has officially started, it’s time to revisit this thread for our entertainment.

Post here any idea, photo or what have you just to keep us occupied in the meanwhile.

Post away!

lampliter
lampliter's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 22 hours ago
Joined: 07/31/2017 - 16:06
Posts: 155
Location: Paradise

!falls!

Out of clutter find simplicity---Einstein

wolfdog1226
wolfdog1226's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 10/09/2013 - 20:47
Posts: 2120
Location: Acquasanta,Italia/ Valley Forge, Pa. USA

Winter wind,,,,,,1.30.2019,,,University of Valley Forge,,,leisurely walk with CAPO!

This was the day before the REAL Cold came. It was 15F/-9C Air Temp and ~ -10F/-23C Chill factor.

Solitude breeds contemplation which creates clarity. 

Environment molds a person. Perseverance changes them. 

                                                                   WOLFDOG 

Lightbringer
Lightbringer's picture
Offline
Last seen: 18 min 12 sec ago
Joined: 08/30/2016 - 14:12
Posts: 9504
Location: nyc
tatasal wrote:
Oh, I love this ‘anger’ translator:

I kinda like it better when Jesus Quintana talks smack.

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

polarweis
polarweis's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 21 hours ago
Joined: 05/31/2017 - 17:05
Posts: 379

somewhat light related and made me laugh out loud the first time i read it..

http://www.27bslash6.com/halogen.html

"It wouldn’t be so bright if there wasn’t a shadow every once in a while." - Jason Mraz

Lightbringer
Lightbringer's picture
Offline
Last seen: 18 min 12 sec ago
Joined: 08/30/2016 - 14:12
Posts: 9504
Location: nyc

That’s funny.

We got one in the opposing yard who has one of those dark-activated switches. How many times at night I see his light go on… then go off… then go on… then go off… ad nauseam.

Like… they don’t see that??

It’s not terribly bright, but being that at night I like the house dark, it shows up very prominently in any room facing the yard.

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

Terry Oregon
Terry Oregon's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 16 min ago
Joined: 10/21/2017 - 17:03
Posts: 474
Location: Beaverton Oregon

Anything?

Me, on the right, about 1961 (give or take a year).

 

and my college car

My reviews: , My personal collection of lights LINK,  J5 Tactical V1 Pro review LINK,  Thirteen Optical Sensors review LINKZebralight SC700d review LINK,  Ray-O-Vac Super Power Sportsman review LINK,  Convoy S2+ color combos LINK,  How To flash D4V2 LINK.

Lightbringer
Lightbringer's picture
Offline
Last seen: 18 min 12 sec ago
Joined: 08/30/2016 - 14:12
Posts: 9504
Location: nyc

Wow, they really did wear those “Far Side” glasses back then, didn’t they? LOL

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

Terry Oregon
Terry Oregon's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 16 min ago
Joined: 10/21/2017 - 17:03
Posts: 474
Location: Beaverton Oregon

Quote:
Wow, they really did wear those “Far Side” glasses back then, didn’t they?

 

The latest craze - in the early sixties.  So were the Keds tennis shoes I'm wearing.

My reviews: , My personal collection of lights LINK,  J5 Tactical V1 Pro review LINK,  Thirteen Optical Sensors review LINKZebralight SC700d review LINK,  Ray-O-Vac Super Power Sportsman review LINK,  Convoy S2+ color combos LINK,  How To flash D4V2 LINK.

tatasal
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 52 min ago
Joined: 02/15/2012 - 08:40
Posts: 5185
Location: Far East
Terry Oregon wrote:

Anything?


Me, on the right, about 1961 (give or take a year).



 


and my college car


Is that a Chevy Nova or Vega?

RobertB
RobertB's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 39 min ago
Joined: 12/18/2015 - 17:49
Posts: 3282
Location: USA, Michigan
Lightbringer
Lightbringer's picture
Offline
Last seen: 18 min 12 sec ago
Joined: 08/30/2016 - 14:12
Posts: 9504
Location: nyc

tatasal wrote:
Is that a Chevy Nova or Vega?

I was gonna say a Maverick (Ford).

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

Lightbringer
Lightbringer's picture
Offline
Last seen: 18 min 12 sec ago
Joined: 08/30/2016 - 14:12
Posts: 9504
Location: nyc
RobertB wrote:
[chicken launch]

“As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly!”

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

Terry Oregon
Terry Oregon's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 16 min ago
Joined: 10/21/2017 - 17:03
Posts: 474
Location: Beaverton Oregon

 

Quote:
Is that a Chevy Nova or Vega?

 

1970 Ford Marverick

My reviews: , My personal collection of lights LINK,  J5 Tactical V1 Pro review LINK,  Thirteen Optical Sensors review LINKZebralight SC700d review LINK,  Ray-O-Vac Super Power Sportsman review LINK,  Convoy S2+ color combos LINK,  How To flash D4V2 LINK.

tatasal
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 52 min ago
Joined: 02/15/2012 - 08:40
Posts: 5185
Location: Far East
Terry Oregon wrote:

 


Quote:
Is that a Chevy Nova or Vega?

 


1970 Ford Marverick

Haha, my memory failed me.

Lightbringer
Lightbringer's picture
Offline
Last seen: 18 min 12 sec ago
Joined: 08/30/2016 - 14:12
Posts: 9504
Location: nyc

Lightbringer wrote:
tatasal wrote:
Is that a Chevy Nova or Vega?

I was gonna say a Maverick (Ford).

Yay, I win. LOL

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

raccoon city
raccoon city's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 10 min ago
Joined: 10/06/2010 - 02:35
Posts: 13178
Location: रॅकून सिटी Palm Desert CA USA

Lightbringer wrote:
Lightbringer wrote:
tatasal wrote:

Is that a Chevy Nova or Vega?

I was gonna say a Maverick (Ford).
Yay, I win. LOL

Good eye!  :BEER:

vwpieces
vwpieces's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 3 days ago
Joined: 07/17/2016 - 19:49
Posts: 2165
Location: PA, USA
Terry Oregon wrote:

and my college car


Guess you outgrew the Keds.

And that read on the squawking neighbors was Funny, Thanks.

teacher
teacher's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 02/23/2016 - 19:04
Posts: 9596
Location: NE & SW Alabama

I love this movie scene…..


.
This one too…… Wink

You never know how a horse will pull until you hook him up to a heavy load./"Bear" Bryant 

 .................................. "Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast" ...................................

       Texas Lumens Flashlights / M4D M4X Deals : sign up - save $$$$  

         Rudeness Level _ mΩ _ {width:70%} _ LightWiki _ LED Tint Chart  

      Xlamp size chart _ BatteryU _ Flashaholic? Need Professional Help???            TheOriginal _ TAB _ LightSearch _ BatterySearch _ 14500's _ DiCal 

 

                                             

tatasal
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 52 min ago
Joined: 02/15/2012 - 08:40
Posts: 5185
Location: Far East

Whooaaa..I have to replay the video to count the number of shots…at first I only heard two!

Nice clips, btw, the next one put a smile in my face.

teacher
teacher's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 02/23/2016 - 19:04
Posts: 9596
Location: NE & SW Alabama

tatasal wrote:
Whooaaa..I have to replay the video to count the number of shots…at first I only heard two!

Nice clips, btw, the next one put a smile in my face.

I just checked it, there were three. First two were close together & third one lagged a tiny bit. Wink

Thanks tatasal! Yeah the second one makes me smile too.

You never know how a horse will pull until you hook him up to a heavy load./"Bear" Bryant 

 .................................. "Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast" ...................................

       Texas Lumens Flashlights / M4D M4X Deals : sign up - save $$$$  

         Rudeness Level _ mΩ _ {width:70%} _ LightWiki _ LED Tint Chart  

      Xlamp size chart _ BatteryU _ Flashaholic? Need Professional Help???            TheOriginal _ TAB _ LightSearch _ BatterySearch _ 14500's _ DiCal 

 

                                             

tatasal
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 52 min ago
Joined: 02/15/2012 - 08:40
Posts: 5185
Location: Far East

teacher wrote:
tatasal wrote:
Whooaaa..I have to replay the video to count the number of shots…at first I only heard two!

Nice clips, btw, the next one put a smile in my face.

I just checked it, there were three. First two were close together & third one lagged a tiny bit. Wink

Thanks tatasal! Yeah the second one makes me smile too.

Now I remember the Lee van Cleef Western movies….at least they were not made like today where you experience vertigo because of excessive camera movements during action scenes.

teacher
teacher's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 02/23/2016 - 19:04
Posts: 9596
Location: NE & SW Alabama

Thumbs Up

You never know how a horse will pull until you hook him up to a heavy load./"Bear" Bryant 

 .................................. "Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast" ...................................

       Texas Lumens Flashlights / M4D M4X Deals : sign up - save $$$$  

         Rudeness Level _ mΩ _ {width:70%} _ LightWiki _ LED Tint Chart  

      Xlamp size chart _ BatteryU _ Flashaholic? Need Professional Help???            TheOriginal _ TAB _ LightSearch _ BatterySearch _ 14500's _ DiCal 

 

                                             

Lightbringer
Lightbringer's picture
Offline
Last seen: 18 min 12 sec ago
Joined: 08/30/2016 - 14:12
Posts: 9504
Location: nyc
tatasal wrote:
Now I remember the Lee van Cleef Western movies….at least they were not made like today where you experience vertigo because of excessive camera movements during action scenes.

Always a classic, and should be required viewing for anyone with a teevee or computer.

It’s kinda chopped off at least at the top and bottom, probably sides, too. Leone never filmed it with their heads cut off half the time.

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

tatasal
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 52 min ago
Joined: 02/15/2012 - 08:40
Posts: 5185
Location: Far East
Lightbringer wrote:
tatasal wrote:
Now I remember the Lee van Cleef Western movies….at least they were not made like today where you experience vertigo because of excessive camera movements during action scenes.

Always a classic, and should be required viewing for anyone with a teevee or computer.

It’s kinda chopped off at least at the top and bottom, probably sides, too. Leone never filmed it with their heads cut off half the time.

Nice clip too, Lightbringer.

Clint Eastwood Western classics…oh, l love them way back then.

Lightbringer
Lightbringer's picture
Offline
Last seen: 18 min 12 sec ago
Joined: 08/30/2016 - 14:12
Posts: 9504
Location: nyc

I got a classic Sean Connery clip, too. Great movie, too, “The Presidio”. Classic Mark Harmon, too.

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

Pages